• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokterian

Get Red Faction Guerilla Steam Edition people! No more GFWL only Steamworks! Also using Direct X 11 now. Being a space asshole feels so good for that low price.

Tizoc

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM Revolution yoink!

My wish list is getting empty...

Naruto UNS 4 is releasing on Steam next year, might've been better to wait for that IMO.
Hope you enjoy it though.
Dat Madara
tumblr_mdhfp6z2kL1rggm6ko1_500.gif

RS4-

This is the second time I've seen the daily more expensive than the normal sale price.

Mount & Blade was $4 this morning, now it's nearly double.

Still debating whether I should get RFG or not, all I want to play is the MP lol. And disappointed that Invisble Inc didn't win, I should really put more time into the game.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Truth be told Divinity is one of the few games earning it full price so 26$ isn't bad at all and they are still adding features and updates to it.

Bought Transistor. Great price.

I have a question

If I want to play Dayz should I get the standalone or arma 2 and get the mod?

I

I'd go with Arma 2: Combined Ops, personally. There are many different versions of the DayZ mod and you can find the one that you find most interesting. Arma 2 is just great in general and if you get bored of DayZ, you have a lot of other game types/mods you can try out.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Might finally grab AoE II HD - how is that expansion content? Also thinking about getting the bundle with AoE III which I never played.

Expansion isn't really necessary, but it is worthwhile. HD itself includes the original game + the previous expansion (The Conquerors) which added a lot to the game so you could pick up The Forgotten later.

AOE III is alright, but it seems kind of redundant picking it up with II which is so much better.

Voted Gunpoint because Luftrausers is almost too good. Listening to Bombcast discuss how good the music was last night made me appreciate it even more. Shame I couldn't finish all the hard challenges.

O.DOGG

Having played all 3, Mercenary Kings is the best game among them. Played it for more than 60 hours, and I enjoyed it to the end. It's a bit quirky but once you get it, it's awesome.

DukeBobby

Two very different games. Transistor has a bit of a learning curve and definitely doesn't hold your hand. It certainly demands a bit of time to get used to it. Might be worth a squirt at this price.

It's worth a shot especially if you like the themes in Transistor. Otherwise, you probably won't enjoy it. It definitely has a Bastion-like feel.

Both put emphasis on story and audiovisual experience but the gameplay is nothing alike. Transistor is more like a tactical action RPG

Thanks.

The gameplay in Bastion bored me pretty quickly, so it's nice to hear it's different in Transistor.

I might give it a shot.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Why? It's a highly-acclaimed 75 hour game that's barely half a year old now.
Not counting early access but I see what you're saying.

I've been watching it for months and it has gone from never going on sale to at max being 33% off. Whether that is standard for games in the same category and price range is irrelevant when I want to be a whiny brat and buy it for less :p

cicero

Why? It's a highly-acclaimed 75 hour game that's barely half a year old now.
Because those are the modern expectations for many for game prices on the digital PC side of gaming on Steam. Being able to actually get them at those prices from the Russians didn't help. Valve intentionally opened the bottle though. They came to understand that there are different waves of buyers that come at different times and price points after release. Unfortunately for those of us who decide to wait to purchase highly-acclaimed games that are slowly reduced in price, we are left with griping about the slowness of reductions.

It's time to stop posting for awhile.

Why? He's not wrong.

How is Ancient Space generic? If anything we don't get enough spaceship rts games.

In terms of what the kind of sci-fi tropes we see (at least in video games), Ancient Space is relatively generic.

In terms of complaining that Ancient Space as a game is generic, that's basically a catch-all term for not good. And it's not. It's poorly designed and very buggy.

Jeremy

Grabbing This War of Mine, Red Faction: Guerrilla (Gamefly digital copy has never worked since I purchased it) and To the Moon for sure.

Can anyone recommend their favorite Dishonored DLC(s)?

JustinBB7

Another sale, another opportunity for Dishonored story DLC to fall to $5. And it doesn't, and probably never will. Kind of like the Bioshock Infinite season pass.

It's weird how much they hate to put the season passes cheap. I got lucky during a Infinite pass price error a sale or 2 ago.

xezuru

Grabbing This War of Mine, Red Faction: Guerrilla (Gamefly digital copy has never worked since I purchased it) and To the Moon for sure.

Can anyone recommend their favorite Dishonored DLC(s)?

Just get Daud DLCs nothing else really worth it unless you want something really akin to Dishonored own take on VR missions with Dunwall City Trials

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yea I really want to play the DLC, but even at $10 for the GotY edition, just can't pull the trigger.
Then take an extra 20% off that at GMG. If you can't do that, you don't really want it.

Edit: Mind you, I did put my money where my mouth is on this, because I had the exact same issue with Skyrim DLC. Never again, Bethesda. Never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom