• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

louiedog

Is Thief worth the 7.5€? I really liked Deadly Shadows.

I played it via family sharing so I paid $0 and it just cost me my time. I enjoyed the basic gameplay: the sneaking, thieving, stealth combat. I didn't like the story or the way some of the world stuff was setup.

I don't think that liking Deadly Shadows is a great indicator of whether or not you'd like it as it's fairly different. I played all the way to the end and came away feeling pretty mixed, but if it seems like something interesting to you I'd definitely give it a shot when it hits a price that you consider it cheap enough that bailing after a few hours wouldn't seem like a waste. It definitely was a bit longer than I'd have liked it to be.

Nzyme32

Naruto -40% £23.99
Age of Empires II -80% £2.99
Transistor -66% £5.09
Max Payne 3 -75% £3.74
Divinity OS -33% £20.09
This War Of Mine -25% £11.24
Dishonored -75% £2.49
Mount and Blade Warband -66% £5.09
Tomb Raider -80% £2.99

vazel

Banned
The Pinball FX2 sale is a joke. Only the old tables that have been in a Humble Bundle are on sale. I wanted the Guardians of the Galaxy and South Park tables.

Miker

Another sale, another opportunity for Dishonored story DLC to fall to $5. And it doesn't, and probably never will. Kind of like the Bioshock Infinite season pass.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Damn, pretty good deals today. Transistor for 6 bucks Is gonna put it high on the seller list.

The reverse of what I thought was gonna happen is happening. I figured the good sales would have come before Christmas to get people to spend the excess Christmas money on crap. But we getting the good games now. God bless GABEN

This War of Mine
Divinity: Original Sin

GOT.

I would also encourage anyone to buy Max Payne 3 who doesn't have it already. Best third person shooter last gen, and without a doubt one of the best shooters in it's genre ever. Godlike soundtrack.

megalowho

5 bucks off This War of Mine is enough to get me to bite. Game looks great, want to give it a go before end of the year lists are locked in.

Hixx

Have they fixed the Max Payne 3 activation issues? Social Club would simply not let me activate my copy a month or so back and I saw a thread on reddit not long ago that said it was still an issue.

bigace33

Another sale, another opportunity for Dishonored story DLC to fall to $5. And it doesn't, and probably never will. Kind of like the Bioshock Infinite season pass.

Dishonored GOTY edition is like $10 over at GMG with the 20% off code.

Yup there's Transistor for all of you. I feel so bad, pre-ordered it but only played it 80 minutes or so. Listened to the soundtrack more (which is easily worth it by the way.)

Need to get back to it.

Absolute steal at that price.

---

Of course Dishonored GOTY edition doesn't have the deeper discount, pass still I think.

Might finally grab AoE II HD - how is that expansion content? Also thinking about getting the bundle with AoE III which I never played.

trixx

Just got a new pc and now a part of steam. Would i be able to play steam games I purchase on both my laptop and PC?

Also any recommendations of games?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Also, regarding Ys, everyone should give Oath in Felghana a go. It's pretty stand-alone and a great introduction to the series.

Benedict

Is it possible for a trusty russian to gift me This War of Mine, if I gift in advance?
I gift keys first, then she/he gifts me game?
Or totally blocked?

Hubb

Only 33% for Divinity? Ugh. Should be $20. Nothing for me today.

Yeah I was hoping for 50% off. I'll sit on it for a bit before I decided whether I am going to buy it or not. It was the one game I really wanted this sale, but I probably can wait till the Summer sale.

kulapik

Vote for Mercenary Kings, the other games have been more cheaper than the deeper discount on other websites. hell, even Gunpoint was at 75% on Steam before.

Mercenary Kings was also cheaper but the difference is smaller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom