• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrakier

Isn't there something like a new patch coming fro Divinity that makes it like a remade game with a better story, combat etc.? Wouldn't it be stupid to buy it now?

Isn't there something like a new patch coming fro Divinity that makes it like a remade game with a better story, combat etc.? Wouldn't it be stupid to buy it now?

I'm afraid this era of remasters has already corrupted your mind.

Free patches are the norm, not the exception; even in this dark age.

Man, today's deals are sick. I just recently updated my pc, and while I still have a gtx 770 am itching to crank up a pretty game. On the other end, I have spent so much money recently that even these deals are tough to buy. If I could I would probably buy every single game on today's deals (except Naruto because I know nothing about it, unfortunately).

25VanpK.png
You guys are bullies :|

At last, Steam automatically logged me in via the client-side website, hooray.

Today is probably the best set of dailies I've seen. Divinity, Mount&Blade: Warband, and This War of Mine are all fantastic and I highly recommend that anyone on the fence buy them immediately.
What I mean is: Wait for the patch to play it, because it's better then. And wait to buy it unitl the patch.

Oh, I see.

Even if the patch is a massive improvement, Divinity: Original Sin is one of those few, rare games where playing immediately cannot be a bad decision. It's that good.

Glass

Has The Banner Saga been a daily yet?

Looks like the general consensus is no, I'm hoping that's a good sign and its still coming. 50% off right now but every penny and saving counts after my Christmas spending, so something more would be great.

Not sure if this has been posted or not, but there's a post on the Recettear Steam forum by SpaceDrake that indicates the January 28th end date of the sale is an error, and that he was planning on having the sales end with the rest of the winter sale.

Dingotech

I refuse on principle to buy Dishonored until the GOTY edition gets a 75% discount like the base game.

However given how Skyrim DLC has been treated over the years I guess I'll never pick up the game.

Note - I have platinumed the game on PS3, this is more for collection purposes.

bigace33

I refuse on principle to buy Dishonored until the GOTY edition gets a 75% discount like the base game.

However given how Skyrim DLC has been treated over the years I guess I'll never pick up the game.

Note - I have platinumed the game on PS3, this is more for collection purposes.

With the 20% off code it's like 74% off at GMG. I just bought the GOTY edition for $8.

So what's the word on Transistor and its OST? I'm tempted at $10 for both. I absolutely loved Bastion, but was never super sold on what I saw of Transistor's mechanics. Is it ultimately as tight as Bastion was?

Uzzy

So what's the word on Transistor and its OST? I'm tempted at $10 for both. I absolutely loved Bastion, but was never super sold on what I saw of Transistor's mechanics. Is it ultimately as tight as Bastion was?

It's my game of the year. Absolutely fantastic gameplay, visuals, storytelling and an amazing OST. Make sure to send an e-mail to the Supergiant support people and you can get a FLAC copy of the OST too.

kcp12304

Banned
GAF, I love good narrative games, but I hate JPRPGs.. Should I buy To The Moon?

To the Moon is not a JRPG. There's no real gameplay as it's very liner and mostly dialogue. However, that's OK for this type of game. It's like 4 hrs long. I recommend it if you appreciate narrative.

It's my game of the year. Absolutely fantastic gameplay, visuals, storytelling and an amazing OST. Make sure to send an e-mail to the Supergiant support people and you can get a FLAC copy of the OST too.
Nice. Does it have the replayability of Bastion? I really loved trying out all the different weapon with various mixes of the difficulty options.

For anyone on the fence, The Banner Saga is worth it at whatever price and the deva deserve your support. Wait for a daily if you want, but don't let the sale close without picking it up.

Uzzy

Nice. Does it have the replayability of Bastion? I really loved trying out all the different weapon with various mixes of the difficulty options.

Yeah, there's a lot of different options with your functions, mixing and matching those to cause new effects. There's a new game mode that lets you get duplicates of your functions too, and there's limiters that, as you might expect, limit your power and make the gameplay tougher.

UnrealEck

Does anyone know if the sales will repeat on the last day? If so, which sales? All the dailies and flash sales? I'm looking to get Lords of The Fallen this time around.

Haha Age of Empires III complete edition is 109% off in my wishlist having a price of minus 3,34€.
Fun bug, but destroyed dreams :D.

I would settle for 75% off too, valve.

Haha I saw that too :) not sure whether to get age of empires 2, the legacy bundle or the collection :- I used to love 2 as a kid!

Does anyone know if the sales will repeat on the last day? If so, which sales? All the dailies and flash sales? I'm looking to get Lords of The Fallen this time around.
I wouldn't necessarily count on it just in case, but it happens every single sale so it's a pretty safe bet.

codhand

Uh, I haven't been able to buy anything all day, regardless of client, or method of payment i get

"An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed.
Please contact Steam Support."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom