• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

Welcome to the Digital Age.
7yZ1Hrm.gif

With only one exception, I never had an issue getting an EA game purchased anywhere to activate in origin. Though sometimes I would have to go into live chat to have them manually add a game to my account.

cicero

I can drop hundreds of dollars on games if I so choose. Don't get it twisted. I thought this thread was about steam sales not people's inventory. My bad. I'll just ignore such posts in the future.

Well, considering you specifically mentioned earlier in this thread how you only had 33 games total in your Steam library and then made a little bit of a fuss about people supposedly being nothing more than mere braggarts for mentioning the high numbers of games they bought, I think it a safe assumption to make that the apparent touchiness about this issue might be related to a possible inability to do the kind of purchasing MOST people would like to do if they could.

Like I specifically pointed out in my response to you, mentioning people's inventory DOES have a potentially positive beneficial aspect to it, especially if a person is willing view it in a different light than mere "e-peen" preening. Why you would feel the need to came back here and correct me about your inability or ability to "drop hundreds" so I shouldn't "get it twisted"? To be quite honest that itself seems a bit like defensive preening to me... There are all kinds of reasons not to pursue a massive library of games, I can think of many that don't involve financial restrictions. When I made a reasonable assumption given your specific comments, I wasn't trying to insult you.

My point was to note a possible beneficial aspect of sharing info about deals or purchases, thereby possibly enjoying a more easy going reaction to other people proudly touting their game deal finding good fortunes.

fantomena

My haul. Price: Don't know.

Toybox Turbos
Pulstar
The Path
Onikira - Demon Killer
Counter-Strike: Source
Need for Speed: Undercover
Need For Speed Shift 2
Age of Wonders 2
Car Mechanic Simulator
Ziggurat
Panzer Corps
Door Kickers
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Standard Edition
Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition
Dead Bits
GEARCRACK Arena + Soundtrack

I kinda just cleaned my Steam wishlist a bit. Have 29 games in my wishlist now. Most of them never goes on sale though.

Amazing Princess Sarah looks fun, I wanted it on Xbox but sadly my region isn't cool enough to get it released there. :(

As a console gamer mainly its that shit that makes me want to be into Steam even more.

Everyone: Get YNAB 4. Seriously. It was the first serious non-game software i paid good money for and it was all worth it. I'm using it for 2 years now and it is simple and effective. I never was financially so organized. I didn't change my spendings in general much, rather my spending habits.

Take 30 minutes to get to know the system (no online banking hassle, but serious "on your own budgeting") via the excellent online tutorial and it will be a piece of cake afterwards. The program and philosophy behind it are easy and logical as hell, it will literally educate you in your financial habits and it will do that very well.

I'm sorry if i sound like a vacuum salesman, but i can't recommend this programm enough. It's that good!

Oh yeah, also grab RCT2 and 3 everyone, wohooo!

I just bought it and I'm looking forward to replacing my excel workbook!

Iztli

I actually went all out this steam sale:

Divinity Original Sin

Sacred Gold

Gunman Clive

Lords Of The Fallen Digital Deluxe Edition

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition $5 Nuuvem

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 $5 Nuveem

7 Days to Die $12

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Best deal - $17.37 Nuuvem

FINAL FANTASY XIII (NE) - $6.40 Square-Enix store

King Arthur II The Role-playing Wargame

METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES $13

:3

TabrisRyu

Okay GAF I live in Uruguay and I want to buy Final Fantasy XIII and Binding of Isaac, but it rejects Paypal and my Visa. This never happened to me, what the fuck?

C4rter

Amazing Princess Sarah looks fun, I wanted it on Xbox but sadly my region isn't cool enough to get it released there. :(

As a console gamer mainly its that shit that makes me want to be into Steam even more.

It was okay. I got it as a gift from a friend this sale. It has some annoying parts, some "jump into the unknown to proceed" places were you die a few times and sometimes the controls are a little flawed. But overall the savepoints are fair and it's one of the more difficult jump and runs.

FaintDeftone

Still only bought one game so far; Shadow Warrior. I almost bought Saints Row IV when it was $5 but I passed. If that sale comes back I may grab it though.

Martian

How big is the chance of Skyrim getting the encore sale?
And can I purchase the Legendary edition if I already own the normal version (+ dawnguard and hearthfire). It was cheaper than the dlc last sale?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Miletius, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Miletius, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wasteland 2 -- MB-F9BC5748CABF8575 - Taken by Axass. 160 entrants total.

t1420080856z1.png

chixdiggit

The negative reviews are kinda scaring me away.

It's overall reviews tally up to "Very Positive".
After reading some of the negative ones, they all seem to be against the devs not releasing updates to the game. Might be true I guess, not really sure as I just got the game during the Steam auctions.

Dammit, I'm at the point now with Steam sales that I've gotten most every big game I really want so I'm seriously entertaining the thought of buying games I already own but just not on Steam, like The Witcher 2 or Dragon Age: Origins, just to have them properly on Steam.

Maybe You Need A Budget should be my next purchase instead...

Bytes

Dammit, I'm at the point now with Steam sales that I've gotten most every big game I really want so I'm seriously entertaining the thought of buying games I already own but just not on Steam, like The Witcher 2 or Dragon Age: Origins, just to have them properly on Steam.

Maybe You Need A Budget should be my next purchase instead...

Or an addiction recovery program.

Well, considering you specifically mentioned earlier in this thread how you only had 33 games total in your Steam library and then made a little bit of a fuss about people supposedly being nothing more than mere braggarts for mentioning the high numbers of games they bought, I think it a safe assumption to make that the apparent touchiness about this issue might be related to a possible inability to do the kind of purchasing MOST people would like to do if they could.

Like I specifically pointed out in my response to you, mentioning people's inventory DOES have a potentially positive beneficial aspect to it, especially if a person is willing view it in a different light than mere "e-peen" preening. Why you would feel the need to came back here and correct me about your inability or ability to "drop hundreds" so I shouldn't "get it twisted"? To be quite honest that itself seems a bit like defensive preening to me... There are all kinds of reasons not to pursue a massive library of games, I can think of many that don't involve financial restrictions. When I made a reasonable assumption given your specific comments, I wasn't trying to insult you.

My point was to note a possible beneficial aspect of sharing info about deals or purchases, thereby possibly enjoying a more easy going reaction to other people proudly touting their game deal finding good fortunes.
TLDR...Not going to read this amateur psycho-analysis. I've only recently begun buying games on steam. Like I said before, I could drop hundreds of dollars on games if I wanted to. I only spend a certain amount on games, use the rest of my disposable income on other things/hobbies/activities. Just my opinion that inventory posts should have their own thread. This is the last time I'm going to comment on the topic. Moving on. No hard feelings. Cheers, mate.

Double D

Thinking about Farming Simulator 15. I really like Euro Truck 2, but have no experience with a game like this other than that. Anyone here have it and can recommend?

So is today going to be the last day for new daily deals and then the encore? I've been holding off buying a game to see if it will be part of the usual encore deals

depths20XX

Thinking about Farming Simulator 15. I really like Euro Truck 2, but have no experience with a game like this other than that. Anyone here have it and can recommend?

I bought it when I was drunk thinking, "Yeah I can probably get into this, I like Harvest Moon".

You farm. I did play it for a few hours but ultimately it's not for me. You can hire workers to farm for you too, which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom