• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really tempted to buy Endless Legend since it's like $10 off right now but might wait a couple days to see if it goes on special. I know Angry Joe really liked it but I don't want to just play another 4X like Civilization. Is there anything more to it than that?

-MD-

I'm really tempted to buy Endless Legend since it's like $10 off right now but might wait a couple days to see if it goes on special. I know Angry Joe really liked it but I don't want to just play another 4X like Civilization. Is there anything more to it than that?

Think it was a daily a few days ago.

Edit: Yeah, was 50% off instead of 33%. Could be an encore though of course.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
The Walking Dead Season 2
The Wolf Among Us
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Standard Edition
METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES

Not that much.

Got Shadow of Mordor and Alien from Nuuvem and GMG as well.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I really wanna go in with some other people on a 4-pack of Leadwerks Game Engine. At $25 bucks a person, that's a phenomenal price for quality game dev tools. I'm definitely serious about this, so please PM me if you're interested in going in. I'll be happy to make the initial purchase.

Altima

I have just finished Valiant Heart. The end of story gives me a goosebump but the rest of game is just okay.

Maybe because I'm not a fan of puzzle and WW story.

Carmageddon Reincarnation, including Carmageddon 1, 2, and 3 for $18 on Daily Deal.

Even if the current Early Access game is a bust, my fond childhood memories of the original Carmageddon and it's first sequel make me want to blow this $18.

Yea or Nay, GAF?

pahamrick

Carmageddon Reincarnation, including Carmageddon 1, 2, and 3 for $18 on Daily Deal.

Even if the current Early Access game is a bust, my fond childhood memories of the original Carmageddon and it's first sequel make me want to blow this $18.

Yea or Nay, GAF?

I say Yay, simply because Carmageddon 1 and 2 are still great.

Was too lazy to cut it down correctly, but a couple of those were gifts from friends and awesome gaffers, freebies from DLH.net, some bundle stuff I never redeemed.

Xenonauts, Might and Magic Franchise, Banished, Transistor and Shadow Warrior were key purchases before the great key week lockdown. FFXIII was the Square Enix store deal.

Yea you definitely should receive gifts...you seem really poor with your lack of games this sale. More people should gift you games.

Nabs

Lethal League is so good and that GGPO netcode is great. I only had 1 small hiccup in the 40 minutes I just played online.

Lethal League starts off great and just keeps getting better the more you play. You'll eventually develop your own style and set of mind games to mess with the other players. It's a really good time offline and on (ggpo!). I hope more people give it a shot. It's one of the best party/vs games on Steam right now.

aku:jiki

If I could only buy one metal slug, X or 3, is there on consensus on which is better? Or are they equally good?
I think general consensus is X but I never liked that one much myself since it's just a remix of 2. 3 is cool, even if the final level is needlessly long (and the length is obviously just a plus if you don't plan to beat it on one credit).

Lethal League starts off great and just keeps getting better the more you play. You'll eventually develop your own style and set of mind games to mess with the other players. It's a really good time offline and on (ggpo!). I hope more people give it a shot. It's one of the best party/vs games on Steam right now.

Thanks for the input...prolly going to pull the trigger....ugg this steam sale is raping my wallet!

well shit, just buy all the damn games, huh? :mad:

the fact of the matter is, your greed is disgust.

Yeah i don't understand why some posters seem to want to brag and stroke their e-peen by posting all the games they've bought. We get it...you have a lot of disposable income! Congrats! Maybe the braggarts should have their own thread for these types of posts?

Helmholtz

I think general consensus is X but I never liked that one much myself since it's just a remix of 2. 3 is cool, even if the final level is needlessly long (and the length is obviously just a plus if you don't plan to beat it on one credit).
Okay thanks. I just grabbed 3 for myself and my friend since it's cheaper. If I still have the metal slug itch after that I guess I can check out X.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
If I could only buy one metal slug, X or 3, is there on consensus on which is better? Or are they equally good?

X and 3 are the pinnacle of the series so you can't go wrong with either. 3 has a pretty epic last mission though (and its notoriously difficult to clear on one life).

Holy crap, why is Carmageddon 1/2 so expensive? The games are over 15 years old!

pahamrick

well shit, just buy all the damn games, huh? :mad:

the fact of the matter is, your greed is disgust.

Yeah i don't understand why some posters seem to want to brag and stroke their e-peen by posting all the games they've bought. We get it...you have a lot of disposable income! Congrats! Maybe the braggarts should have their own thread for these types of posts?

Yea you definitely should receive gifts...you seem really poor with your lack of games this sale. More people should gift you games.

I spent less than $50, including some stuff I gave away here, which was basically my total christmas money this year. The stuff I got with keys were keys that were given to me in exchange for doing a friend a favor and spending 12 hours fixing his system. I saw some folks posting their damage, so I was bored and did the same.

Sorry to have offended you so, chainfire, but you don't know my situation. If it wasn't for a few close friends, I'd have gotten no games this sale. But hey, Happy New Year. Have a drink for me.

Purchased the RCT games because they are too good not too.

No point posting a list of purchases since no doubt it will be bigger by the time the last day comes around, so instead --

You have spent approximately $73.10 USD in the store since the sale began.

Happy Days

AMUSIX

Oh shit RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 bought.

Edit: is 1 worth playing? Never played 1.

2 is a very nice step up from 1. 1 was great, but, unless you want to try the various scenarios, you'll feel a bit confined after playing 2.

Damn I miss RCT...I might buy 2 as well...

My haul over the past two sales:-

(Autumn sale I didn't buy much.. was too overwhelmed)

j1kFrF9.png

Jrpi8Ic.png

XQuWp7z.png

This should keep me going for a year.

Altima

Crypt of the NecroDancer seem like to be a quick short and brutal mode version of Dark Soul.

Only 33 % of owners can pass stage 1. LOL

Lots of good stuff in there. I suggest checking out the Transformers games and Astebreed sooner rather than later.

Yeah, I'm already halfway through WOC and I intend to play FOC this month. Astebreed is probably going to be a slow burner that I dabble with throughout the year. Im not great at shumps.

pahamrick

Yeah, I'm already halfway through WOC and I intend to play FOC this month. Astebreed is probably going to be a slow burner that I dabble with throughout the year. Im not great at shumps.

I'm terrible at shumps too, but I seem to have an easier time with Astebreed.

Also the Batman games, if you hadn't played them on consoles, are pretty good as well. Don't suggest playing Arkham City + Arkham Origins back to back though.

Bradach

I haven't bought anything yet. I'm sad that it doesn't excite me. I've already bought all the good deals :(

I was gifted Dark Souls 2 though so that's great.

Pretty modest haul for me:

MGS: Ground Zeroes - Beaten. Great game
Transistor - Beaten. Uneven game. Not that great.
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - 2h played. Seems great.
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris - Saving for coop sessions

pahamrick

Can someone recommend me a game with great story and playable gameplay below 10 us ?

Any particular genres?

I mean, the usual suspects would be Witcher 2, Portal 2, Mark of the Ninja, Fallout New Vegas, Dishonored, Batman Arkham Asylum / City, Gunpoint.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
halp me, gaf.

should i buy ff13?

i liked ff4, 6, 8, and 10

Eh...if you didn't mind the ridiculous plotlines and characters of FF8 and X, nor are bothered by another entry that goes even further down the stupidity ladder in both categories, then go for it. The visuals and music are stunning, and the combat eventually gets pretty good near the endgame. Just expect some of the worst writing and character motivations ever seen in gaming.

kurahador

Finished Tales From Borderlands. Wow...this game is legit. I don't have hope Telltale can maintain that kind of energy in the story though similar to what happened with TWD S2 & WAU.

But hey...it's only USD10 here, and I already got my money's worth from Eps 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom