• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Someone should make a "Post your haul" thread not that the sale is drawing to a close and lists are becoming more common. I'd do it myself but I'm not done yet.

How does Amnesia: The Dark Descent hold up? I never did get around to playing it.

I played the demo awhile back and loved it. Finally got round to playing the full game a few days ago but stopped after several hours. I found the physics based puzzles clunky and annoying. I haven't written it off completely but it was just winding me up so I'll try it again another time and hope it doesn't bother me then. I'm not sure if there's a demo on Steam; I believe I did a google search and got a demo that way.

gabbo

Someone should make a "Post your haul" thread not that the sale is drawing to a close and lists are becoming more common. I'd do it myself but I'm not done yet.

I'm equal parts curious and terrified at what your haul might look like.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Omg if Kentucky loses to pigeon game... .... ............
Its probably going to happen isnt it...

I'm assuming it will. This is the first time I've actually thought about getting Kentucky Route Zero because I didn't know they released the final part, but Hatoful Boyfriend attracts all sorts of voters. People who want to vote for what they saw on youtube, the visual novel crazies, people who will automatically vote for the weirdest shit, people who click the picture thinking "what the hell is this" but because of this awesome sale interface end up voting for the game they click...

The game does have a surprising amount to it though, it's worth more than a glance if you have any sort of tolerance for those games (or even just a morbid curiousity). Personally I'd never actually play through it but if I'm honest, I never actually make it more than 30 minutes into adventure games so I'd probably never actually play KR0 either.

JaseC

I'm equal parts curious and terrified at what your haul might look like.

It's not as large as I had initially hoped. I even had to revise my already-revised list of last-minute purchases because I didn't get paid this week for some reason (the issue has been sorted but the money was rolled into my upcoming pay).

Lomax

It's funny, I don't mind lists in this thread at all (especially if they come with some commentary) but I find the haul threads completely pointless because they never generate any discussion there. Plus, once the sale is over, knowing what people spent has no use, here it can tip you off to good deals that might still be available.

JaseC

GAF should I go for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning for 10 box or we might get a better price?
How about its DLCs?

You might as well wait for the last set of 24-hour Dailies and Community's Choice candidates to hit. As for the DLC, both expansion packs are worth it while the weapons/armour bundle is completely unnecessary.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Kentucky Route Zero and Hatofuo Boyfriend are both amazing games at what they do. Hatoful Boyfriend is more than the initial, "dating birds," "oh, that's so weird!," element and has a lt more to it, I will mention.

Time to work on the final update to the Hidden Deals list, want it to be completely set after today's daily deal reveal, as it'll be the last unique daily deal and the last community vote/flash sales.

MrPanic

Hm, looks like my trading card sales really picked up, my whole inbox is spammed with community market sale emails. Well, looks like I got enough to get a few more games at the end of this sale.

Someone sell me on Amnesia and/or Miami Hotline.

Unless you have basically all the games, how?

It's fairly easy; most of these titles have been regulars in the past several sales and I bought all of the games I wanted this year the day they came out so newer titles aren't enticing/necessary purchases. I'd like to pick up Child of Light, and some of the early access titles like The Forest look great, but 33% discounts aren't particularly tempting. At this point, the only game I really wanted to buy this year that I haven't yet is Dragon Age: Inquisition and it's obviously not part of this sale.

gabbo

Hm, looks like my trading card sales really picked up, my whole inbox is spammed with community market sale emails. Well, looks like I got enough to get a few more games at the end of this sale.

Someone sell me on Amnesia and/or Miami Hotline.

Amnesia is scary - it uses sound and atmosphere to get under your skin and stay there. This is about what might be around the corner and you can't see versus what's chasing after you, trying to eat you. Puzzles can be a bit annoying. Truly 'survival horror' in all the ways Resident Evil is not.

Hotline Miami is a trip through a top-down 1980's twinged meta hack and slash. Get for the soundtrack on its own if need be.

Sch1sm

It's fairly easy; most of these titles have been regulars in the past several sales and I bought all of the games I wanted this year the day they came out so newer titles aren't enticing/necessary purchases. I'd like to pick up Child of Light, and some of the early access titles like The Forest look great, but 33% discounts aren't particularly tempting. At this point, the only game I really wanted to buy this year that I haven't yet is Dragon Age: Inquisition and it's obviously not part of this sale.

That was my point when I said "unless you have all the games," though, lol.

City 17

You might as well wait for the last set of 24-hour Dailies and Community's Choice candidates to hit. As for the DLC, both expansion packs are worth it while the weapons/armour bundle is completely unnecessary.

Always wait for the last day.
Thanks.
Amalur has already been on sale for 4.99 so I don't think it will go down anymore.
Damn, I must have missed it, but there's a small chance that it might reappear in the last day, no?

WTF..for most of yesterday i was seeing Final Fantasy 7 as the sale, checking to see what the flash were before the new deals and now it's showing FF13.....wtf wtf wtf

Sch1sm

Thanks.

Damn, I must have missed it, but there's a small chance that it might reappear in the last day, no?

It just might.

WTF..for most of yesterday i was seeing Final Fantasy 7 as the sale, checking to see what the flash were before the new deals and now it's showing FF13.....wtf wtf wtf

Get more liberal and embrace the change.
They were trying to maximize the sale of FF, looks like it.

Panda Rin

Almost the entire franchise is still a daily deal. They just decided to change the image over to FFXIII on the frontpage for whatever reason.

Spyware

Oh, of course Penumbra Collectors Pack is a flash too! It's really cheap! Buy it! :D
I didn't think Amnesia was interesting at all after playing the Penumbra games so I recommend Penumbra over Amnesia any day. The first one is a bit broken but still interesting and the second is great.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So just to confirm, but is the last day of the sale a complete retread of every 'daily' deal that has occurred during the sale? I haven't paid close enough attention throughout the entirety of the term and so many of my wishlist choices probably came and went without me having noticed they were discounted on a daily. Just hoping Jan. 2 gives me a final chance to get the best discount on those titles.

Grief.exe

So just to confirm, but is the last day of the sale a complete retread of every 'daily' deal that has occurred during the sale? I haven't paid close enough attention throughout the entirety of the term and so many of my wishlist choices probably came and went without me having noticed they were discounted on a daily. Just hoping Jan. 2 gives me a final chance to get the best discount on those titles.

Not necessarily, last couple of sales Steam has forgone the greatest hits days and just done new sales.

Tomorrow is the last day by the way.

Aaron D.

Thinking about Farming Simulator 15. I really like Euro Truck 2, but have no experience with a game like this other than that. Anyone here have it and can recommend?

Well, there's only 10 minutes left for the sale but I'll throw my hat in and say it's my personal GOTY. ETS2 got me into the Mundane Vehicle Sim genre but it's Farming Simulator that won my heart.

Glance of the FS15 OT for more details.

If you're still hesitant, FS 2013 is also on deep discount for $6.99 (-75%). That's a lower barrier to entry even if it's 'last year's model'. Still a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom