• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggNife

Looking over all these deals, it's hilarious that people have been saying that this sale has sucked.

Well, I mean even a bad steam sale is still a lot better than most sales on other storefronts

But I don't think there's any denying that this holiday sale has been kinda underwhelming in comparison to previous sales

It seems like Valve was waaaaay more invested in the pre-sale auction than the sale itself

LProtag

This Gettysburg game seems up my alley actually... I'm considering it.

I'm also wondering if I should get:
The Long Dark
The Forest
Transistor
Hatoful Boyfriend

Any thoughts?

Panda Rin

This Gettysburg game seems up my alley actually... I'm considering it.

I'm also wondering if I should get:
The Long Dark
The Forest
Transistor
Hatoful Boyfriend

Any thoughts?

Transistor is a definite yes. The Long Dark is nearing completion I believe, so it might be worth picking that up.

I think you can wait on the Forest since it's still really early. Hatoful had a much steeper discount before.

So how is AC: Unity after the gang of patches they've thrown at it? Performance still terrible? Besides anything else - how is the actual game?

i7 4790k
8GB Ram
GTX 970

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
Is Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut any good you guys? I feel like playing a good 2D platformer

pahamrick

So I guess everything Assassin's Creed IV is going to be the only past AC not marked back down to 75% for the encore? Freedom Cry standalone was 75% for a couple minutes but its back to 50%.

Fuck.

James93

If anyone is interested in Ultimate General: Gettysburg, its one of those it isn't great but it isn't bad games. If your interested in the time frame its worth a look, but if your not you aren't missing much.

I think I'm in the crowd of after a few years of sales, these aren't that awesome anymore. I did spend the 50 I dropped into my account but kept strictly to getting stuff off the wishlist.

pwKMNB3.png

Dat pricing

How did Hatoful lose??

This sale has been awful. I bought 2 games (Broforce and Speedrunners) and nothing else really caught my attention. The deals weren't even that great, most days nearly half of the stuff on sale I already owned and had for years and the once a day voting meant I only returned to the store page once every day, versus old years when I'd be at the store every few hours just to vote.

2 days of repeat sales is icing on the cake.

Between this sale and the ridiculous anti-consumer market restrictions, I'm wondering what the heck is going on over at Valve.

Zeeman

I was gonna impulse buy Legacy! Are they dividing up the encores over the last 2 days or is this it?

(I know it can be cheaper at places like MacGameStore but I want to use my card money.)

I don't think they've never had two straight days of encores before

Looking over all these deals, it's hilarious that people have been saying that this sale has sucked.

Almost half of these deals are only for 25-40% off of already overpriced games. Is this supposed to impress people?

You can see that the sale was pretty terrible even by measuring the thread participation here on GAF. This time in the previous sales, we were on the second or even third thread. Now we barely crossed the 200 page mark of the first thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom