• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

White Noise Online -- MB-359FEC4B3CD0A960 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
Gorky 17 -- MB-CEF37A3769C144B9 - Taken by Cryptozoologist. 4 entrants total.
Avadon 2 The Corruption -- MB-90FE05008A15EE65 - Taken by Icelight. 6 entrants total.
Salammbo Battle for Carthage -- MB-7C36D34153DC881E - Taken by ThoughtsOfSpeaking. 1 entrants total.
Dungeons The Eye of Draconus -- MB-A6DEF64E8283FD27 - Taken by sensoft04. 4 entrants total.
Alpha Kimori Episode One -- MB-82F0B12CB8D72D5F - Taken by gaiadyne. 4 entrants total.
CONSORTIUM -- MB-BB1BD64840B36E72 - Taken by Sch1sm. 11 entrants total.
Skara The Blade Remains -- MB-4E99CA4DAAC82CB3 - Taken by agniswarm. 5 entrants total.
Jagged Alliance 2 Wildfire -- MB-A939AB7CCBA7D870 - Taken by autoduelist. 5 entrants total.
Triblaster -- MB-C133D5932B318AA2 - Taken by Coppanuva. 2 entrants total.
Viscera Cleanup Detail Santa's Rampage -- MB-482CDA1768D6981D
Nostradamus The Last Prophecy -- MB-7C24D91829C89C65 - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
Quest of Dungeons -- MB-F43428D97C9666BB - Taken by chronomac. 5 entrants total.
Return to Mysterious Island 2 -- MB-670FFEF5059BD2C8 - Taken by tauke. 3 entrants total.
Amerzone The Explorer's Legacy -- MB-FCF11C567DFD7628 - Taken by Poetic.Injustice. 1 entrants total.
Memories of a Vagabond -- MB-551CCA7635442537 - Taken by Jørdan. 2 entrants total.

t1420054001z1.png

Firehead

Almost half of these deals are only for 25-40% off of already overpriced games. Is this supposed to impress people?

You can see that the sale was pretty terrible even by measuring the thread participation here on GAF. This time in the previous sales, we were on the second or even third thread. Now we barely crossed the 200 page mark of the first thread.

I feel it was a decent sale. I actually picked a few things up, unlike the other sales this year.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
OK, I'm done with this sale, the only game I missed was Goat Simulator, because I had no idea what it was, hopefully it will be on sale tomorrow. Great sale as always, except for those that wanted to get this year's best AAA games for 5 dollars...

Arren

Wow, the two days encore is really unexpected and admittedly a bit off-putting.

Even though I took this chance to finally purchase many of the leftover titles I had in my wishlist, I can perceive how some would regard this sale as pretty disappointing overall, especially if compared to last Summer Sale.
Less community options, less opportunities in general to contribute to a general fun atmosphere and quite less interesting deals.

Bytes

This is the laziest Steam sale ever. It's like they couldn't be bothered. Not to mention that many of the games had seen deeper discounts in the past.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Am I crazy, or was Borderlands: TPS 50% off during its main sale day, as opposed to its now 33% off?

Isthereanydeal confirms it was 29.99 at one point, but it doesn't seem to say when that was.

Volcynika

You can see that the sale was pretty terrible even by measuring the thread participation here on GAF. This time in the previous sales, we were on the second or even third thread. Now we barely crossed the 200 page mark of the first thread.

Not as great as a comparison as the community thread is still open as well.

gelf

Well at least I know it safe to pick up things that never had a daily (at least until they all turn up in a humble bundle next week for a dollar knowing my luck).

Just picked up Astebreed, Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, Escape Goat, Freedom Planet and Double Dragon: Neon.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I don't know much about the game but I can already tell it's not for me. Did you really expect people to pick that over really anything? haha

Yes? Because it's a good game?

Don't let the pigeon dating sim exterior fool you.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty meh sale overall but that's probably because I already own too many games. Good for my wallet though:)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Alright guys

Need:
  • Blase
  • Itsy
  • Monte
  • Sage
  • Tender

Have
  • Silver (x5)
  • Sparkles

I think I have a few of the "needs" on sale for like $.10 each on the marketplace. I could pull them if you get me Lethal League. :p

fabprems

F**K !!!

I was buying the stanley parable : putting the game in the basket, then my credit card info and hit the "continue" button, then an orange rectangle appear saying that the price of my item changed since I added it (from 3€ to 6) !

That's so lame, I was going to buy it but I won't now...

Pejo

I haven't really been keeping up on the dailies as much as I'd have liked to, but overall this sale didn't have a lot for me. I did pick up Final Fantasy XIII for 7.50 or whatever, as I never finished it on PS3, but found out it's almost a 60GB download, holy shit. I'll probably pick up Bird Story yet, and look around at some sub $5.00 indie games on my wishlist. Hoping for some better deals on the summer sale next year.

LDAF

Blagh, was kind of hoping the Fallout titles would be 75% off again. I'd like to have 1 and 2 on my account, so I dunno, I'll keep my fingers crossed for something to pop up, even though I think I'll be waiting for the next sale. :p

Unicorn

What's good about it then? I thought everyone was just talking about it because it's, "Haha, dating sim with pigeons". What else is there to it?

It's a colloquial commentary on our current dating culture revolving around the one-note nickname of "birds" as women, what it means to be an alpha male, and how experiencing this through a simulator can all make us better post-play.

I have not played it. I've only seen about 3 screenshots of brief dialogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom