• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
What's good about it then? I thought everyone was just talking about it because it's, "Haha, dating sim with pigeons". What else is there to it?

It's actually not a dating sim at all, and explaining exactly what it is would ruin the surprise. Let's just say that you are in for a hell of a ride, and it's nothing like what you expected from seeing it at a first glance.

Uthred

Two days of encore sales and less games on sale each day? Nice to see Steam stepping up to the competition from GMG, Amazon, etc.

Guys I want to trade the holiday cards:
Need:
  • Sparkles
  • Tender
Have
  • Rhombus

Most you should have me on steam already, if not add me. Steam ID: varmint and I show up in the friends list as GrayFox.

ZeroCDR

Ikaruga never going on sale, because of the lost community vote. Treasure realized Steam Community didn't like Ikaruga.

:_:

Yup, I was holding out for that and Double Dragon Neon since they got screwed over during the summer sale. Nope!

The wait continues, this sale was especially disappointing, much price hikes.

I think I'm going to go in on the Dead Rising pack, doubt the sale price will get much lower than that for the foreseeable future, might even go up after the GFWL removal.

Torn on Dark Souls 2. Would run much better on my PC than it does on the PS3 (which I already own) and it's only $15. On the downside, it's not as good as Dark Souls 1 so I'm not sure if I want to double-dip. Plus, there's that enhanced version coming out soon.

Torn on Dark Souls 2. Would run much better on my PC than it does on the PS3 (which I already own) and it's only $15. On the downside, it's not as good as Dark Souls 1 so I'm not sure if I want to double-dip. Plus, there's that enhanced version coming out soon.
Buy it. I also have it on PS3 as well but after getting the pc version, I never looked back.

Lazulic

I think you should wait for the upgrade myself, especially if you've already played it.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member

If you're in doubt you should just wait for the enhanced version. It comes with the DLCs too so that's already a large incentive to wait. Not too sure what the retail price for that is though.

tjohn86

Yup, I was holding out for that and Double Dragon Neon since they got screwed over during the summer sale. Nope!

The wait continues, this sale was especially disappointing, much price hikes.

I think I'm going to go in on the Dead Rising pack, doubt the sale price will get much lower than that for the foreseeable future, might even go up after the GFWL removal.

I've got a copy of Double Dragon I would trade you for a CS:GO Breakout key.

is The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky better than final fantasy xiii-2?...i need some good jrpg in my vainssss

JTTbTQZP1eaOY.gif

Also, is Borderlands 1 worth buying/playing, or should I just go for 2? Have always been tentatively interested in the series, and I might snag one if Amazon price matches since I have credit there. And GOTY editions for both, correct?

is The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky better than final fantasy xiii-2?...i need some good jrpg in my vainssss

JTTbTQZP1eaOY.gif

Trails in the Sky is really good if you like story & character-heavy JRPGs. It's a bit on the slow side though so be warned.

FFXIII-2's story isn't too hot, but the gameplay is a lot of fun (13's battle system + monster collecting + no huge tutorial) & there's some amazing music.

I'm looking for a good, cheap, easy to run arcadey FPS. I already got Shadow Warrior but the performance is not too great, but playable.

I have a bunch of shooters already, so it's a little difficult to find one.

I'm looking for a good, cheap, easy to run arcadey FPS. I already got Shadow Warrior but the performance is not too great, but playable.

I have a bunch of shooters already, so it's a little difficult to find one.

Hard Reset? Thats the best one I can think of. I can run it and my computer is poop

kaskade

Time for me to finally play Stick of Truth. I kind of want Wolfenstein as well but might wait, my budget is pretty tight right now from my xmas and vacation.

Avinexus

Also, is Borderlands 1 worth buying/playing, or should I just go for 2? Have always been tentatively interested in the series, and I might snag one if Amazon price matches since I have credit there. And GOTY editions for both, correct?

I personally like the first one better than the second (I liked the humor and loot better) and would tell you to play it first, but I think most people would probably tell you to just buy the second one.

NEO0MJ

Well, I'm done with the Steam (and GMG) Sales. The damage was:

-Metal Gear Solid V : Ground Zero
-Rocksmith DLC
-Grid Autosport
-Super Meat Boy
-Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
-Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
-Super Time Force Ultra
-Metal Slug III
-Metal Slug X
-Battleblock Theater
-Doom 3 BFG
-Bit Trip Runner 2
-Cloud Built
-Freedom Planet

I spent more than I expected. Hope I can at least finish half of them before next year's sale.

Edit: Got everything, I still have some left over if anyone needs any.

Have
Blase
Sage
Tender
Zippy

My steam ID is turbo_brick. I'm pretty sure I'm not friends with anyone here though.

drakaenae

Game just got removed from steam
ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (drakaenae, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Aliens Vs Predator -- MB-84D8170A1E7A6994 - Taken by Miker. 24 entrants total.

t1420065161z1.png

Elija2

Encores already? I was hoping Freedom Planet would be a daily deal. I could have gotten it for cheaper during the Humble Sale.

Was Dead Rising 2 ever on sale for cheaper than it is now on Steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom