• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahamrick

Encores already? I was hoping Freedom Planet would be a daily deal. I could have gotten it for cheaper during the Humble Sale.

Was Dead Rising 2 ever on sale for cheaper than it is now on Steam?

Sadly no. When Dead Rising 3 got featured it didn't get a higher discount.

dani_dc

Encores already? I was hoping Freedom Planet would be a daily deal. I could have gotten it for cheaper during the Humble Sale.

Was Dead Rising 2 ever on sale for cheaper than it is now on Steam?

It went for cheaper on Humble?
Bah, I somehow missed that despite checking the Humble Page every day.

Elija2

Sadly no. When Dead Rising 3 got featured it didn't get a higher discount.

Did it ever go on sale for cheaper at GMG though or something?

It went for cheaper on Humble?
Bah, I somehow missed that despite checking the Humble Page every day.

No, it only went down to $7.49. It's just that the Steam price in Canada is more expensive so I could have gotten it for cheaper there.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Also, is Borderlands 1 worth buying/playing, or should I just go for 2? Have always been tentatively interested in the series, and I might snag one if Amazon price matches since I have credit there. And GOTY editions for both, correct?

I also concur that Borderlands 1 had better humor, but I recently started BL2 on PC and it has made some pretty impressive strides in the game design over the first. Loot is more varied in both artistic design and function, the quests are slightly more inventive than the majority of tedious checklists that filled BL1. Overall aesthetic and UI is improved as well, especially if you have a PhysX capable card. I can't get enough of seeing all the mundane particles and cloth/surface destruction physics at play in BL2 if you have a decent Nvidia.

Just a shame the humor is riddled with internet meme gags and constant abuse of words like 'bonerfart' that really highlights the core audience are 10-year olds. The first game was a bit less low-brow. Just a bit.

Aiustis

First time doing this, hope it works

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460878.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Aiustis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Sine Mora -- MB-106504B7F57D845D - Taken by Zonic

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I spent a small fortune on this sale so far and still have over a dozen games on my wishlist. It is the first sale in several years that I finally have some modern components in my PC, so its nice to finally catch up.

pahamrick

No, it only went down to $7.49. It's just that the Steam price in Canada is more expensive so I could have gotten it for cheaper there.

If it did, I didn't see so -- sorry. I was only keeping an eye on the complete collection, not the base game.

My credit card was recently replaced so I decided to switch Steam over to using PayPal. This turned out to be a mistake because now I am blocked from using the Community Market until after the Holiday cards expire so I am screwed out of selling my extra cards like I usually do.

Guess I will turn them into gems <sigh>.

While I'm ranting, I'd like to point out that Big Picture Mode is still really buggy when it comes to things like adding to your wishlist or adding funds to your account. I ended up having to go to the desktop client to get these things done.

Have you taken the exchange rate into account? The Canadian dollar hasn't been doing that well lately. Many things are actually cheaper on the Canadian store by a bit.

And with that I'm done with Steam Sales for this year. I didn't spend much and I imagine no one really cares what I bought.

I do want to thank the generosity of several Neogaf individuals this year who gifted me games. Some through giveaways, others just gave me a surprise via steam. I won't name anyone, just wanted to say thank you again.

squidyj

I derped, I refunded my preorder of the Witcher 3 so I could grab TW2 on steam and score the discount but now I can't use the market.

3 cards off of the badge :(

Vamphuntr

Terrible sale overall. Only picked up the Alan Wake collection, MGS V Ground Zeroes and Shadowrun Dragonfall.

Even the presentation of the sale was mediocre compared to last year. No items to craft either.

Tesseract

Banned
my final, final haul

9lvHWH8.png

Chucker

Light sale for me. Picked up Wreckfest when it was a flash, thinking about Transistor.

I usually scoop up a bunch of little titles too, but it just didn't hit me this year.

Wot. I used some Visa gift cards to fund my Steam wallet this sale and got market restricted, okay. But it said it would be lifted today. Check now and it's bumped to tomorrow >.>

Need those sweet trading card pennies.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Polishin8r:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Polishin8r, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The First Templar -- MB-183F37558D8FF78C - Taken by Catshade. 6 entrants total.
Inquisitor Deluxe Edition -- MB-1C20A164072813DA - Taken by Natty1. 5 entrants total.
Tropico Trilogy -- MB-972B183AD7C7859D - Taken by Unicorn. 3 entrants total.
Combat Wings: Battle of Britain -- MB-3B14C97F1D716E83 - Taken by celsowmbr. 1 entrants total.

t1420067993z1.png
lala

Card Boy

Banned
Ys is legit I'm playing through Ys 1 now and its so good! I got the others on Steam which I bought last year but am now playing them as I am on holidays.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of ANuclearError, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ANuclearError, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Transistor -- MB-F54E2CC6928CCC37 - Taken by Man Puncher. 51 entrants total.
Transistor -- MB-A28D8FB86A25E307 - Taken by AsylumX. 32 entrants total.

t1420061383z1.png

Just for clarification purposes, is this sale basically done? Are the games that are up the last games we'll see on sale?

I was hoping the encore might involve the Banner Saga coming back through since I missed it the first time. Oh well, I guess.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Just for clarification purposes, is this sale basically done? Are the games that are up the last games we'll see on sale?

I was hoping the encore might involve the Banner Saga coming back through since I missed it the first time. Oh well, I guess.

No one knows 100% sure due to the first time this is a 2-day encore, but it's worded to sound that way.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Man the Shadowrun games have been a nice surprise for me this sale.
Played through both of them and I need more RPGs... just not sure what to get.
Problem I probably played through most of the notable releases this year.

Is Last Remnant any good? Seriously I'm also kind of close to getting XIII-2 but I know that I'll just instantly regret that buy.

Dear GAF:

Hey there, it's your pal, Mikey "F-Bomb" Fassbender! I have a question.

Should I get Shovel Knight if I prefer the BGM of The Wily Wars to the original NES tunes? Does this make sense at all?

Thanks!

-MF

snaffles

I'd love to play a new offroad game but I have no idea which ones are good these days. There are a few on Steam and it would be great if someone could recommend me one:

Mad Riders
MX vs ATV Reflex
MXGP

Or something completely different?

I was in the same boat but ended up grabbing Dirt 3 when it was a daily sale. I was leaning towards MX vs ATV though just because it had more variety of those three. MXGP does have a demo too that you can check out.

Chucker

Dear GAF:

Hey there, it's your pal, Mikey "F-Bomb" Fassbender! I have a question.

Should I get Shovel Knight if I prefer the BGM of The Wily Wars to the original NES tunes? Does this make sense at all?

Thanks!

-MF
I'd get it and play it on mute, but I really like the game.
Oh dear, my bias is showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom