• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chucker

That's tough, I like both but they're so different. Isaac has more replay value IMO, but I really like the gameplay and music in SK.

Personally I'd go SK.

Lazulic

haWwDEB.png

Possible final haul, with about 40 steambuks left to spend. If anyone has some neat smaller games to recommend, I would be down to give it a look. I'll be scouring the hidden deals thread until then.

OK, I'm done spending.

Damage:

Final Fantasy III
Rise of the Triad
Crimzon Clover
Far Cry Franchise Pack
Project: Snowblind
Devil May Cry 3 SE
Divine Divinity
Beyond Divinity
Two Worlds 2 - Pirates of the Flying Fortress
Men of War
Deadlight
ORB
Thief II
Banished
Dawn of Discovery Gold
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Supreme Commander 2 - Infinite war Battle Pack One
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Soldier Pack WW
Age of Mythology EX
Shadow Warrior: SE
Lost Planet: EC
Midnight Club 2
Prison Architect
Lili: Child of Geos
Metal Gear Rising
MS Flight Simulator X: SE

Unicorn

Game just got removed from steam

woah, woah, wtf? Why?!

This was actually one of the best Alien games. Fuckton more playable than Colonial Marines!

I'm seriously baffled!

Edit:
CM was removed too. I don't understand. Why remove things post release? Sure, licenses may expire, but that should have no effect on items that were made during that period of license. This is the fucking downfall of Digital Content Distribution. If this is going to be a more common occurrence, I may need to reevaluate how I spend my money, and to whom it goes to.

shockdude

Purchased:
Metal Gear Rising
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - probably my favorite pickup from this sale.
Super Meat Boy

Received from a friend:
Castle Crashers

Gifted to a friend:
Crimzon Clover

Won through Modbot:
Worms Reloaded (thanks scokem!)
Devil May Cry 4 (thanks GuardianE!)

Not bad.

Lazulic

Also here are cards I don't want.
Blase x4
Clementine x3
Zippy x2
Tender x2
Itsy x1

If anybody needs any of them just ask, though try not to be greedy.

My first Winter sale, I feel so ashamed...

ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition ROW (Steam Store)
Inversion (Steam Store)
South Park: The Stick of Truth (Steam Store)
Road Redemption (Steam Store)
Lethal League (Steam Store)
The Witcher 2 (Steam Store)
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (Steam Store)
Marlow Briggs Steam Store and Retail Key (Steam Store)
Kane and Lynch Collection (ROW) (Steam Store)
Crash And Burn Racing (Steam Store)
Carmageddon TDR 2000 (Steam Store)
Nuclear Throne (Steam Store)
WRC Powerslide Steam Store and Retail Key (Steam Store)
Wolfenstein: The New Order ROW (Steam Store)
Test Drive Unlimited 2 (Steam Store)
The LEGO Movie Videogame Steam Store and Retail Key (Steam Store)
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Steam Store)
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (Steam Store)
Resident Evil 5 (Steam Store)
Bully: Scholarship Edition (Steam Store)
ORION: Prelude (Steam Store)
Darksiders II (Steam Store)
Quake 4 (Retail)
DOOM 3: BFG Edition Retail WW (Retail)
Bionic Commando (Steam Store)
BIT.TRIP Collection 2014 (Steam Store)
Trine 2: Complete Story (Steam Store)
The Golf Club (Steam Store)
Urban Trials (Steam Store)
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (Steam Store)
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Gold Edition (NCSA) (Steam Store)
Aliens: Colonial Marines (Steam Store)
Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition (Steam Store)

Edit:
CM was removed too. I don't understand. Why remove things post release? Sure, licenses may expire, but that should have no effect on items that were made during that period of license. This is the fucking downfall of Digital Content Distribution. If this is going to be a more common occurrence, I may need to reevaluate how I spend my money, and to whom it goes to.
It's dumb. I would like licenses to be written so publishers can sell a particular licensed game forever, but it seems that is never how they work. It's super common for licensed games to get pulled from digital storefronts after a couple of years (or even a few months, like what happened with that Deadpool game last year). At least you can still download and play the games if you already own them, they're just unavailable to purchase. Maybe with digital distribution becoming more common, they'll rethink the way licenses should be handled.

sixghost

Highly recommend Endless Legend BTW.

It and XCOM have been my gems of this sale, already have put a lot of time into each.

Would you recommend it for someone that hasn't really gotten into 4X other than enjoying Civ 5? I love the idea of those games, but I tend to get overwhelmed the first time I play them.

Adventis

Is Strike Suit Zero worth getting?

Also which is generally regarded as the superior one to get between the original and Director's Cut edition for someone who doesn't own any of the Strike Suit games?

famfrit

Someone tell me if its time to buy Dark Souls II or wait for Scholar Sin ?

DS2 DLC arent in the sale, thats why I ask if its a good deals or not.

Kadin

I have $6.97 left in my Steam Wallet. I'm thinking either Bastion, Borderlands, or Borderlands 2? Any opinions?
If you've never played Borderlands, I'd highly recommend going with the first one to get a great impression of the series. To many, the 2nd is a step up but I still feel that you should play and enjoy the first one... first.

denx

Can someone from the US help me get FFXI? I'm in South America and the game is not available on the Steam store here. I was told the US version is not region locked for the Americas... hopefully.

I'm taking a bit of a gamble here, but anyway. If someone can help me send me a PM, I can paypal the money.

Moonlight

Banned
Quick question: I'm thinking of gifting someone the Complete Edition of Civ 5, but they already have the base game. Does that mean I'll be gifting everything besides vanilla Civ 5?

Also, can someone sell me on Endless Legend? The price is attractive right now, but I remember playing Endless Space and finding myself kinda put off by how... sterile it felt. Can anyone say if Endless Legend if any different? And how it compares to Civilization 5 in particular. Does it do political/diplomatic/etc stuff better or something?

Skab

Wait, probably a stupid question but I want to make sure here; Are these encore games going to be the same ones tomorrow?

eot

Banned
Wait, probably a stupid question but I want to make sure here; Are these encore games going to be the same ones tomorrow?

Two day encore hasn't happened before, so I don't think anyone can say for sure, but I doubt they'll change them tomorrow. Either way they'll last to the end of the sale.

NoPiece

woah, woah, wtf? Why?!

This was actually one of the best Alien games. Fuckton more playable than Colonial Marines!

I'm seriously baffled!

Edit:

If you bought the game, it is still in your library, you can still install and play it. It just means no more new sales.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

White Noise Online -- MB-A2D0F0B1E896A370 - Taken by Rawket Lawnchair

feel

Does nuuvem do encores? I'm sad I miss sub $10 ground zeroes (and $5 lords of shadow).

I kinda want to buy Flight sim X even though I don't ever plan on playing it. What is wrong with me.

The_Monk

Posting in here as well, to all my good GAFfers:

Still some hours until midnight but I might as well leave this here. I really hope you all can have a great entry to 2015. I wish that you can all achieve new goals during the next year and I hope I can be here to witness that. You all have been beyond amazing and I'm so proud to belong to this fine community. Lot's of great people, great discussions, some great recommendations and some good people to chat about our fine hobby as well.

I managed to offer some goodies (food related) to those who are less lucky to have a nice meal during this day so I hope at least they can have a slice of our traditional deserts. This time of the year it's all about helping those who might have less so that I can share a bit. If I could I would give you all some slice of our traditional cooking around here, you would love some of these things, I promise! ;)

I have the biggest respect for you all and I hope we can all keep getting strong as a community. Happy (upcoming) 2015 for you all, my good, fine GAFfers.

Here's some hand-made, traditional deserts I gathered:

53Tg0Tbl.jpg

I'm a big fan of a good, traditional, well made Sangria, that glass is mine, I admit! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom