• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xamdou

MGSGZ is a must buy imo. It is prequel of Phantom Pain.

I bought GoT but it has only first episode. You can wait for more episodes and purchase all of them at the same time in the future. telltale game has little to no gameplay. There are some QTE and decision making but no actual gameplay.

Ok definitely getting MGZGZ now, but is the Phantom Pain coming out this year?

So that GoT game has no game-play and and is episodic... I'll pass on that until the whole series is out so I can marathon it.

pahamrick

Thank you for the reply but I have another question. When I chop off the ?redeemer part the link goes to the login screen but it does not show the gift is ready to redeem part anymore. Is that expected behavior or does that mean it is not detecting the code?

The redeem window will pop up for whoever uses the link and logs in to steam, its not a problem.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thank you for the reply but I have another question. When I chop off the ?redeemer part the link goes to the login screen but it does not show the gift is ready to redeem part anymore. Is that expected behavior or does that mean it is not detecting the code?

You won't see the gift if you're not logged in, and if you do click the link while logged into the account that you used to buy it, it'll just be returned to your inventory. The ?redeemer component of the URL isn't at all necessary.

Seanspeed

Banned
Didn't buy anything(again). Couple little things I might have gotten, but there's really no justification for me buying anything else with so much to play.

I did make about $0.88 on cards, though. Woohoo...

Damn, none of the game sales I missed and was hoping for encore got encored. :(

They don't change them or anything right? Might as well buy now?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Miletius, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Miletius, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wasteland 2 -- MB-F9BC5748CABF8575 - Taken by Axass. 160 entrants total.

t1420080856z1.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=954895.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Witcher 2 -- MB-30602611A685F57A - Taken by The Reloader. 2 entrants total.

t1420077768z1.png

Hopefully I did this correct. Thank you for the help everyone.

It is just Witcher 2 for Steam, sorry nothing expensive.

Jintor

Awww fuck even though this is 'the worst steam sale everrrr' or whatever I still spent like $200 on like 22 games

that's like 3 nintendo games!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of MrTeachwell, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MrTeachwell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dungeon of the Endless -- MB-05ADF058057FAA6E - Taken by Sarcasm. 53 entrants total.

t1420081387z1.png

subtleglitch

Neo Member
Decided to pick up Games of Thrones and Hatoful Boyfriend. I -think- I've bought just about everything else that I've wanted, and gifted quite a few things this year. :)

My haul:

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Euro Truck Simulator 2 Paint Job Packs (Czech Republic, Germany, Poland)
Final Fantasy IV
Five Nights at Freddy's
Never Alone
Pinball FX 2 South Park pack
Shadowrun Returns (gift for my brother)
Shovel Knight
Super Meat Boy
Transformers: War for Cybertron
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Now that this sale is over, the lack of excitement over the sale for myself (and others) is getting me down. Owning everything "worth owning" on steam certainly has its perks, but I'll be damned if I wasn't refreshing the deals exactly at the change to try and relive the excitement of last holiday sale.

I've also managed to play 12 hours of ground zeroes. Didn't see that one coming.

My Haul
Payday 2 Heist Package
Payday 2 Weapon DLC package
MGSV: GZ (From Nuuvem)
Super Meat Boy
E.Y.E. The Divine Cybermancy

x3sphere

Crypt of the NecroDancer
Savant - Ascent
Gunhound EX
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Ziggurat
ORION: Prelude
Monaco
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
Deadlight
Retro/Grade
Metal Slug 3
Lovely Planet

All for ~$34.44. Was a good sale for me.

Dsyndrome

My haul:

Divinity Anthology
Doom Classic Complete 2012
Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers
Wasteland 2 - Digital Deluxe Edition
This War of Mine
Divinity Original Sin - Source Hunter DLC
Divinity Original Sin
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition
Lords of Xulima - Deluxe Edition
Bully: Scholarship Edition
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)
Shadow Warrior: Special Edition

I'd like to think it came out to <$100, but I know that's not true. Can't check since I'm on mobile for New Year's.

snaffles

I put $50 into my account at the beginning of the sale and have this to show for it. Still have $2 left over but I can't really see myself buying anything else.
steampurchasescauqx.png

Megasoum

Banned
Welp... My only purchase for the whole sale was FSX in the first hour of the sale (and it crashes on boot lol).

I have the itch to buy something but there's not really anything I'm looking for right now.

Rise Kujikawa

Neo Member
Haul:

- Metal Gear Rising
- Assassin's Creed
- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe
- Assassin's Creed Revelations Gold
- Assassin's Creed 3 Deluxe
- Rocksmith 2014
- Shadow Warrior
- Bully: Scholarship Edition
- Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

Only spent $10, the rest came from cards and csgo skins

My Haul

• Bioshock 2 (gift)
  • FRACT OSC (gift)
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Premium
  • Arkham Oranges
  • Banner Saga
  • Shadow Warrior (gift)
  • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (gift)
  • Alan Wake & Alan Wake American Nightmare
  • Rogue Legacy
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • Endless Space
  • SEGA Genesis Classics Packs 1-5
  • Dr. Strange Pinball table (gift)
  • Super Meat Boy (gift)
  • Dear Esther (gift)
  • KOTOR & KOTOR II
  • Alien vs. Predator 2010
  • Metal Gear Rising
  • Might & Magic X Deluxe
  • Shan Gui
  • If My Heart Had Wings
  • Lots of bundles
About $75

Amazon doesn't bundle AoE II + the DLC. KFJKFJKSFGDF. Would get it otherwise, but I don't want to add more money to my Steam wallet at this point. Another sale I suppose.

And the Borderlands 2 GOTY PC Download doesn't have a discount. Maybe an oversight? Regular version is discounted.

XShagrath

Damn, none of the game sales I missed and was hoping for encore got encored. :(

They don't change them or anything right? Might as well buy now?

There's going to be a second encore day tomorrow. If you missed one of the dailies during the sale, it might show up again.

For anything that didn't get featured, it's probably safe to buy, but I'm holding off until tomorrow just in case.

Steam sale haul:

Duke Nukem Forever (loved it on the 360, figured it was high time to get it on pc too).
Five Nights at Freddies 1 & 2
Alien: Isolation
Max Payne 3
South Park DLC (Pinball FX 2 table)
Last Dream

Non sale item: Geometry Wars 3 (steam wallet money to burn and I loved the first two on the 360).

Hay guys, happy new year. Just want to say thank you for being such a rad community and I hope this year is great for each and every one of you. I won't be here past midnight because I've asked for a year long ban but I'm sure I'll be still lurking from time to time. Peace out and Nuff love :)

Amazon doesn't bundle AoE II + the DLC. KFJKFJKSFGDF. Would get it otherwise, but I don't want to add more money to my Steam wallet at this point. Another sale I suppose.

And the Borderlands 2 GOTY PC Download doesn't have a discount. Maybe an oversight? Regular version is discounted.

At least when I bought it, I just bought the DLC and it came with AoE2. I can't say if it still works though.

Blu(e)

Only picked up the Darksiders collection. Thought about picking up Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition but decided against it. Gabe has not tempted me this year.

My haul:

Dreamfall Chapters
Shovel Knight
South Park: The Stick of Truth
The Banner Saga
Rogue Legacy
Ryse: Son of Rome
Wolfenstein: New Order
Jazzpunk
Valiant Hearts
Doctor Who: The Adventure Games

Best sale in a long time. Made out like a bandit. Also got Alien Isolation for Christmas. I'm pretty much set game-wise for like half the year now probably

Kayant

Giveaway time! Some things from previous humble bundles. Hopefully it goes well :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 23 Steam keys and 9 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kayant, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
The Sims 3 Date Night Key (Origin) -- MB-CFEAD1CEAF17D610 - Taken by faceless007. 4 entrants total.
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-4EBF665157D34A2E - Taken by overburning. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
The Sims 3 Late Night Key (Origin) -- MB-B0B500ADB616DB59 - Taken by Kinky John. 2 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-037B153321110FEA - Taken by maguskain. 20 entrants total.
Total War: Rome II - Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack -- MB-9B0C2A5CAFDCAF77 - Taken by Shadowplay1979. 6 entrants total.
Guest Pass: Killing Floor -- MB-F11F83E46D14702B

Guest Pass: Killing Floor #2 -- MB-829EB6811F109547
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Commander - Conscripts Support Tactics #2 -- MB-1673D3BE2757ADDB - Taken by schroddycat. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff Key (Origin) -- MB-434B3FE5927A1F74 - Taken by Jo-El. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: German Skin - Four Color Disruptive Pattern -- MB-E3892E2680D65DD4 - Taken by JoduanER2. 1 entrants total.
EVE Online: Trial Key -- MB-47CB35AC8595291D - Taken by OneEightZero. 1 entrants total.
Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-1210CA32092F35B0 - Taken by bobnowhere. 6 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-1C73F43FC56ED1AA
Mortal Kombat Kollection -- MB-C3B3565E2E11AAC9 - Taken by nja. 21 entrants total.
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit DLC -- MB-0842B1821C5F5AB7 - Taken by MrPanic. 2 entrants total.
SMITE - Almighty Zeus -- MB-92C26FE1AAC5D5F1 - Taken by Anilusion. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) #2 -- MB-151D7D1868056095 - Taken by Pestilence11. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) #2 -- MB-B532F6C82132E6B2 - Taken by Gunblade47. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: German Skin - Four Color Disruptive Pattern #2 -- MB-D272585795102212 - Taken by lindarasta. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: German Commander - Storm Doctrine #2 -- MB-FC84A89B62763AF7 - Taken by Alessandro. 1 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-68DC0B0DFD22084F - Taken by hooijdonk17. 10 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-DE67AEA6EC57CAF2 - Taken by Real4Life. 15 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
The Sims 3 (Origin) -- MB-82149229A2F49F1B - Taken by Jables Swan. 11 entrants total.
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-7794BFF84BFE2479 - Taken by mrks. 4 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-A4D875E68468377B - Taken by Sr Kitsune. 15 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-7ED17820E5F4CF7E - Taken by Grizza. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: German Commander - Storm Doctrine -- MB-40854C21A4C458B1 - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.

Batman: Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-C680E18F82870D16 - Taken by GillianSeed79. 10 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-BC044EFA84449243 - Taken by JoduanER2. 4 entrants total.
EVE Online: Rifter Ship Skin -- MB-655ADB18C9CA3B98 - Taken by Scrum. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-5261AC4CE3A7688C - Taken by Bytes. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Commander - Conscripts Support Tactics -- MB-8FB108E77B072531 - Taken by Diedac. 2 entrants total.

t1420166626z1.png

Happy New Year ^_^

At least when I bought it, I just bought the DLC and it came with AoE2. I can't say if it still works though.

Top review on Amazon says it was an error, probably around the Summer Sale. Appears to be fixed now.

I shot them a support email to see if they fix the pricing on the AoE II bundle and Borderlands 2 GOTY. See if it changes. Can't hurt.

bigace33

This sale started out pretty slow, but eventually heated up for me. Did most of my damage at Greenman, but wwas able to add some nice gems to my steam collection.

The Banner Saga
Deadfall Adventures
Dishonored GOTY
Transistor
Deus Ex Invisible War
Gunhound
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition
Lego Batman 3+Season pass
Final Fantasy IV
The Detail
Dead Pixels

Man. With the encore sale, I have Wasteland 2, Divinity, and a Endless Legend all available and really only funds to get one, I'm at an impasse.

Go for Divinity, you won't regret it. While the two other games are good, Divinity Original Sin is a few steps above in my opinion. If there was only one PC game to play in 2014, I'd pick DOS without a doubt.

I haven't bought anything this sale...

It feels strange

I have $20 to spend too just can't decide what I want. South Park? Endless Legend? Kerbal? Beyond Earth?

Maybe this will be the sale that I actually don't buy anything...

C.Dark.DN

Banned
How good is the PC version of Shadow of Mordor, if you don't have a controller?
Should be good. Some notable twitch streamers used kbm on release.

You might want to get a controller sometime tho :D You can connect pretty much any can't you? Even the Wii U Pro Controller?

Dr.Acula

Banned
Divinity seems frustrating so far. Like beyond the trial and error of previous CRPGs.

Yeah. I'm going to have to go back to it in earnest, but it's very punishing and vague.

Two things:

1:
Leave out the NW(?) gate. Top-left gate. It's the only one with enemies that are near your level. All the other exits drop you into lvl 7 encounters.

2:
You can't solve the first crime at the beginning of the game. I thought it was an intro quest, but you need to leave and go to other areas, so don't be too converned about resolving it.

I'm barely out of the start and I feel I've made no progress and I'm 10 hours in, lol.

Wasteland and Dragonfall are a lot snappier.

BobLoblaw

Banned
I have only spent $2.50 this sale. There is a lot i want but the discounts have being very poor. 60% is like the new 75%.
This.

My haul:

Prison Architect
Transistor
The Stanley Parable
You Need a Budget

In the past, I would've bought 20+ games easy. Worse sale ever and I've been around since the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom