• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerity

Divinity seems frustrating so far. Like beyond the trial and error of previous CRPGs.

The beginning is pretty much the hardest part until you figure what works.

Just walk around Cyseal exploring stuff and doing smaller quests before going outside at least though, get a few levels.

Sch1sm

This.

My haul:

Prison Architect
Transistor
The Stanley Parable
You Need a Budget

In the past, I would've bought 20+ games easy. Worse sale ever and I've been around since the beginning.

This game can be beat in 5 minutes but I've logged like 8 hours. Narrator is perfect.

autoduelist

It's a bit crazy. Thankfully Steam Enhanced solves that.

Wasn't that feature patched out? I was really looking forward to it but it doesn't work in firefox, and before I commented on it I did some googling and could have sworn I read jshackles patched it out because valve changed the way the wishlist worked or something.

Is Dungeon of the Endless good for multiplayer ?

It's great single player, but I couldn't imagine playing a roguelike mp (too dependent on the skills of others for my tastes)... but I'm sure people do.

Yeah. I'm going to have to go back to it in earnest, but it's very punishing and vague.

Two things:

1:
Leave out the NW(?) gate. Top-left gate. It's the only one with enemies that are near your level. All the other exits drop you into lvl 7 encounters.

2:
You can't solve the first crime at the beginning of the game. I thought it was an intro quest, but you need to leave and go to other areas, so don't be too converned about resolving it.

I'm level 9 now and I'm starting to think maybe it's my build. I've just been dumping points into primary stats, but I never seem to have enough action points.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I only have PS3 controllers and i couldn't get it to register on ds3 tool
Here's a mini tutorial for X-Input Wrapper. Motionjoy is trash.
full thread

X-Input Wrapper: http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=49455

Pre-req:
1. Microsoft .NET 4.0
2. Visual C 2013 Runtime.
3. Latest DirectX Runtime.
4. Latest Xbox 360 Controller Drivers available.
Windows 7 - Run before installing the SCP Drivers. (Windows 7 shipped with outdated drivers which may cause stability issues)
Windows XP and Vista - Run after after installing the SCP Drivers.
Windows 8/8.1 not required.

New Install
1. Connect your Dongle and DS3 via USB and let Windows install it's default drivers.
2. Copy the archive to a temporary directory [eg C:\Temp].
3. Right click on the archive and select Properties.
4. Click the Unblock button if it is displayed on the General tab.
5. Unpack the archive.
6. Create a directory where you want the Service to run from. [Recommended - C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions *]
7. Copy the contents of the ScpServer\bin to the directory you created. *I copied the whole SCP-DS-Driver-Package-1.2.0.160 folder instead of just the bin contents*
8. Run ScpDriver.exe.
9. XP/Vista - check the Force Install option. Win 7/8 leave it unchecked.
10. Click Install. [see screenshot below]

I think I had the best success un-checking the bluetooth driver in the menu and clicking force install.

dani_dc

Wasn't that feature patched out? I was really looking forward to it but it doesn't work in google, and before I commented on it I did some googling and could have sworn I read jshackles patched it out because valve changed the way the wishlist worked or something.

I just went to check my wishlist and I think you're right. Didn't realize that had happened. The Steam enhanced site still lists it on the features so I thought it was still there.

Here's a mini tutorial for X-Input Wrapper. Motionjoy is trash.

I think I had the best success un-checking the bluetooth driver in the menu and clicking force install.

I've been using this with my DS3 wired and it's working perfectly. Would it still work with two DS3 controllers connected?

Jay RaR

My haul for now (and first time participant)

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum
BattleBlock Theater
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Portal 2
Assassin's Creed Black Flag
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Freedom Planet
Metal Gear Rising
Garry's Mod
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
The Witcher 2,
Fallout New Vegas
Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition

and soon on my list will be Devil May Cry 3

Altima

How I spend my holidays time so far.

kMudeHE.jpg

dhlt25

I'm level 9 now and I'm starting to think maybe it's my build. I've just been dumping points into primary stats, but I never seem to have enough action points.

only spend point on what is good for your class. i.e intelligent for mage and not dex/strength etc. You will get a chance to respec later in the game but if you think it's too tough might be a good idea to start fresh. Personally I didn't have too much trouble with the game even though I switch from a 1 handed dex/strength build to an archer build a few hours in.

My haul:

Rex Rocket
The Joylancer: Legendary Motor Knight
Gunman Clive
Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut
Croixleur Σ
Freedom Planet
Transistor
Super Time Force Ultra
Ghostbusters: The Videogame
POSTAL
Postal 2 Complete
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
The Desolate Hope
Need for Speed: SHIFT
Need for Speed: Undercover
Skyrim - Dawnguard
GEARCRACK Arena + Soundtrack
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Standard Edition
Final Fantasy VII
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
ORION: Prelude
Hydrophobia: Prophecy
Pound of Ground
Blade Kitten
Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf
Dead Bits
Jet Gunner

Tabby

My haul:
Super Meat Boy - £0.54
Audiosurf2 - £8.39
Wolfenstein:TNO - £11.89

Considering I had no money I'm kind of glad that nothing I wanted came up.
First Steam sale is great but after you buy everything you want it's just meh.

Is South Park a decent game if I haven't watched the show in years? I was thinking about getting it before it gets stuck in Ubisoft's 40% off land.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Natural Selection 2 -- MB-0AC8652C15891A8D - Taken by drgambit. 1 entrants total.

t1420090902z1.png

gogosox82

Well I got Wasteland 2. I just couldn't pass it up for half off. Have no idea when I will play it though since I'm playing Divinity OS right now.

Harusame

My haul (so far...):

- Chantelise
- Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
- Cherry Tree High I! My! Girls!
- Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
- Dust: An Elysian Tail
- Fault Milestone One
- Fortune Summoners: Secret of the Elemental Stone
- If My Heart Had Wings
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition
- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Blast
- NEKOPARA Vol. 1
- Planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~
- Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
- Sakura Spirit
- Shan Gui
- The Witcher 2
- World End Economica episode.01

user237

Someone should make a program to compile all the haul lists into a summary ranked by popularity and then compare it to the game of the year voting thread results using fancy statistics to determine the correlation between game quality and sales success.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Been putting a few hours into the Jackbox Party Pack. Some pro-tips for people considering it: Google Hangouts is a lag-free way of streaming to friends; I was able to stream with someone about 5000km away and the lag was good enough to play everything except the final round of You Don't Know Jack 2015 without anyone having an unfair advantage. This is also useful to know if you're like me and have problems getting Steam Overlay to work in Adobe AIR games (which Jackbox Party Pack is) and thus can't use the Steam Broadcasting function.

For those who don't have the game, here's the content:
- 50 brand spanking new You Don't Know Jack episodes + new hilarious intro videos
- Fibbage XL: Fibbage is a game where you get a piece of trivia and have to fill in a blank word from the trivia with a lie; you get points for picking the true answer or by fooling people with your lie. (There's an upsell video in the game's data directory--perhaps because Xbox One and PS4 have standalone Fibbage games? I've played a bunch and haven't seen the upsell, but then again Steam doesn't have the standalone Fibbage so I'm guessing they probably wouldn't run it)
- Drawful: 1,000 prompts for a game where one player has to draw something, then the other players guess what they think it is, and then everyone tries to pick what it really is; points for guessing right or fooling people into guessing what you answered
- Lie Swatter: 6,000 unbelievably true or false trivia questions. Yes, there really was a giant molasses flood that killed hundreds of people in London.
- Wordspud: This one is kind of weird. You get a word prompt, and then you need to fill out a sentence or word that follows that prompt. Like the prompt might be "heart"; you could write "surgeon". Other players vote if your answer is legit or bogus. If it's legit, the next player gets the prompt "surgeon"; if it's bogus, they get a new prompt. This is potentially infinite content because you are providing the prompts beyond the initial one.

The one double-edged sword about the game: It is only controlled using phones, tablets, or computers. This is great in that if you have some friends over you don't need to dig up a bunch of controllers or teach non-gamers how to use the controllers. It's a bummer that the controls are a little less precise and if you'd prefer to play with a controller you can't.

So far I highly recommend the game, especially if you're like me and you've exhausted the YDKJ 2011 content. For everyone else you're not going to go wrong with YDKJ 2011 or YDKJ 1-4, but this is great too. Drawful is the best non-YDKJ game of the bunch, I think. Not available in countries whose primary language is non-English.

So far only bought the Shenmu dlc on Sonic Racing Transformed lol.

Been waiting for a few good deals but it does not seem like they are coming. Thinking I'll grab Trails in the Sky if anything.

jacobeid

Banned
Guys, I'm really really proud of myself. I didn't purchase anything until today, and fittingly enough all I bought is You Need a Budget 4.

Does that count as making it through the steam sale? Almost bit on Transistor.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

This War of Mine -- MB-7E2931EEEF115C17 - Taken by Nabs. 68 entrants total.

t1420096004z1.png

My haul so far:

The Long Dark
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
The Wolf Among Us
Valiant Hearts: The Great War
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
State of Decay - Lifeline
The Last Express Gold Edition
Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes

I'm considering buying two more games

rrvv

Is South Park a decent game if I haven't watched the show in years? I was thinking about getting it before it gets stuck in Ubisoft's 40% off land.

as long you know some of south park standard joke and character. it should be fine.

didnt really watch south park but I am having fun with the game

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Brink Complete Pack -- MB-CCE210773C6127CF - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.
Hunted: The Demon's Forge -- MB-97BDF732D9F05570 - Taken by rrvv. 3 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Rogue Warrior -- MB-B292F1BB1CC8EF43 - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Brink Complete Pack was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Hunted: The Demon's Forge was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Rogue Warrior was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1420094443z1.png

Dambrosi

Banned
Oh, we doin' hauls nao? 'Cuz I gots me hauls:

I had rather a lot of money to spend this time, compared to previous sales, and just as well. I think Wolfenstein was the most expensive single item on that list, but not by much (I think Stick Of Truth was next, followed by Killer Is Dead). Overall, though, I ended up getting a lot of stuff for free or outside Steam, so my wallet wasn't hurt nearly as much as it could have been. I can't give you an exact figure, though.

My haul:

AoE2 The Forgotten Expansion
Super Meat Boy.

It sucks being poor and having an 8 year old pc lol.

Is the Forgotten a great addition to the series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom