• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I expected any miracles in my first playthrough, but high scoring in Astebreed is hard as shit.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

autoduelist

For those who have Dungeon of the Endless, is the crystal pack worth it?

You get a great character and some unlocks for other Endless games. I bought it. It's a hard call, honestly.

Hey GAF, would like some help here making my final purchase decision:

Dungeon of the Endless - Love roguelikes, not a big fan of tower defense.

Then I don't think it's for you. It truly is a melding of the genres like it advertises itself to be. You do explore and loot like in a roguelike, but you have to do so in a TD-style route-planning strategy. If you're in the market for a proper roguelike, DotE will not be what you're looking for.

I'm going to disagree here, I think Dungeon of the Endless is still a great choice. Mind you, I do love -both- roguelikes and tower defense, but to me while the tower defense is expertly crafted into the game, it never ever feels like a tower defense game to me.

Here is the basic tower defense element -- every room you open is a 'turn', that can spawn good stuff or enemies. Explored rooms can be lit (powered) or unlit, you have limited energy to power rooms, and unlit rooms can spawn extra enemies. So, you need to strategically power rooms, build resource generators in them, and then there are 'minor slots' to build various weapons/buffers/debuffers. This is relatively unimportant on floor one, but does build in importance to weaken mobs or protect rooms that are attached to unlit corridors. It feels more like building up your base of lit rooms than active tower defense, even though the end result can be similar (if possible you want strong mobs walking through long hallways of death before they get to your defenders).

Oh ive put 80+ hours in ToME its amazing!

Seconded! ToME is an amazing roguelike, with an amazing variety of races/classes. Want to wield a giant shield and spear, meleeing your way to victory? Possible. Want to summon an army of underlings to do your combat for you? Possible. Want to ........ possible.

There is an overworld to explore (always the same), with small randomized 'dungeons' that are generally only a couple levels deep (large areas, may be outdoors or dungeons or even underwater). Great perk system for each class that really makes you feel like you're getting more powerful. Great lewt system too.

Highly recommended. Worth buying, too. Buying unlocks some basic but limited 'cross game inventory' that doesn't break the game but lets you save class specific lewt for later.

xezuru

I forget if this was the thread, but do people in here have experience with DS4Windows?
Use an old DS4 driver forked off of Scarlet Xinput and been givin me a little bit of problems.

Aside from DS4 profiling it would be great if I could assign to key while still emulating an "Xbox controller".
I don't know if any drivers do this, but Skype doesn't recognize controllers only Keys and I like to have push-to-talk buttons.

RAWi

Yep its dead jim. Other sections of Steam seem to work just fine though.

Dont think Ill be able to flip these stupid holiday cards in time before they run out which is today right?

isn't it tomorrow early? But yea, its almost over. Gotta sell'em all!

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
My first giveaway with Modbot. Hope I didn't mistype anything:)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=954895.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (entrydenied, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Gone Home with Soundtrack -- MB-9D4F92DDE01DCFCC - Taken by koma
The Bridge -- MB-136CA14D655B2EA1 - Taken by Archaix
The Ship Complete Pack -- MB-0E6EC67F2DD63F56 - Taken by ExoSoul
Gunpoint -- MB-09AE2BF2F325EC2A - Taken by rrvv
t1cxE6r.gif
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance -- MB-9D4DD1B4DE9FAF81 - Taken by Zeeman
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-0ACFF64930E34620 - Taken by Im a Manatee
Bioshock -- MB-5CCC055C524CDB16 - Taken by JoduanER2
The Whispered World -- MB-C7304FC155B75F55 - Taken by Purkake4
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-8E2545511744ABF6
Papers, Please -- MB-D870258210272F59 - Taken by xezuru

Ops. This was supposed to be a raffle but I mistyped. Oh well:) First come first served then :)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I just bought Lovely Planet this morning too. That and Fract are the only games on the bundle I really wanted, I'm gonna have to think about that one now.

Dust, Dust everywhere.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dust: An Elysian Tale -- MB-296E5571C344C9D9 - Taken by hooijdonk17

BPoole

I forget if this was the thread, but do people in here have experience with DS4Windows?
Use an old DS4 driver forked off of Scarlet Xinput and been givin me a little bit of problems.

Aside from DS4 profiling it would be great if I could assign to key while still emulating an "Xbox controller".
I don't know if any drivers do this, but Skype doesn't recognize controllers only Keys and I like to have push-to-talk buttons.
I think you're in luck
DS4Windows also lets you use the track pad on the DS4 to control your mouse and press the trackpad will click the mouse, so you can still navigate your desktop without have to use a keyboard

Sch1sm

No more deals today? I missed a lot of dailies over the course of the sale. :\

Yeeeep. Skipped right into encore yesterday. No new flash, comm choice - well, Gettysburg was the last comm choice, and it's done now. What you see now is all we get until tomorrow 10 AM PST.

MUnited83

For you.
I think you're in luck

DS4Windows also lets you use the track pad on the DS4 to control your mouse and press the trackpad will click the mouse, so you can still navigate your desktop without have to use a keyboard

It's basically the perfect couch game/big picture mode controller as it allows you to start up even the games that have a launcher without controller support.

BPoole

It's basically the perfect couch game/big picture mode controller as it allows you to start up even the games that have a launcher without controller support.
I love it. I use a different chair that reclines a bit when I am playing games at my desk with a controller, and it used to suck when I'd sit back and get comfortable only to have to get right back up seconds later because I had to use the mouse for something. It's the mian reason I went with the DS4 over the XB1 controller despite the XB1 having native support.

xezuru

I think you're in luck

Thanks for the input, can I ask where you download this from? Cause evidentally there's like 3 different forks by different people.

Edit: NVM found it and good 2 go.

For these giveaways like tizoc's can you enter for multiple games with multiple PMs?

Like say I wanted to try to win Killer is Dead and Freedom Planet, would sending two PMs with each code in one be against the rules?

For these giveaways like tizoc's can you enter for multiple games with multiple PMs?

Like say I wanted to try to win Killer is Dead and Freedom Planet, would sending two PMs with each code in one be against the rules?

Only if it says "Free for all". I believe Tizoc's raffle does not have that rule so you can only enter once if you want to win something. If you enter more than once, you are disqualified from the raffle.

Tizoc didn't use free for all. I don't know if you get disqualified for sending more than one. Stump?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Just missed the RAFFLE, SHORTRAFFLE, or RAFFLE24 rule depending on how long you want the raffle. Nice giveaway nevertheless. :)

I wanted to type raffle but somehow typed "raffle3" (fat fingers lol).

Tizoc

I didn't know about free for all; basically it allows anyone to enter all or as many giveaways as they want and can win more than one game right?
I'll use in a future giveaway, sorry I only ever used those simple rules for my giveaways and just assumed ModBot would let anyone enter and be qualified to win any of the games I am giving away ^^;

madjoki

I didn't know about free for all; basically it allows anyone to enter all or as many giveaways as they want and can win more than one game right?
I'll use in a future giveaway, sorry I only ever used those simple rules for my giveaways and just assumed ModBot would let anyone enter and be qualified to win any of the games I am giving away ^^;

afaik, only one win per person (unless there were games without entries).

With a giveaway like yours it's very unlikely that anyone would win more than one game even if you used Multientry rule, because ModBot throttles winners for 15 minutes during which all games will likely have been given away. But it's still helpful to have it a Free for all because it allows people to choose to enter for more than one game.

The way you did it is also interesting because it forces one to decide on which one game they want the most (or decide to go for a less popular game for better odds)

MUnited83

For you.

There's still a 15 minutes cooldown on each win though.

Sometimes the regular raffles are better in my opinion. I can enter for just the one game I want the most and know that I'll have better chances for it considering everyone else is restricted to their favorite as well.

Not complaining i just wasn't sure about the wording. If it meant PM per game on offer or one PM per raffle.

Thanks for the giveaway!

Thinking about picking up a few RPGs.. Am I right in thinking I'll probably be better off picking between Divinity and Wasteland 2 for the time being, rather than buying both? Can anyone recommend one over the other?

titch

Struggling to make a last couple of purchases :(

There seems to have been an error initializing or' updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance'

Anyone else getting issues just now or am i stuck with waiting for a reply from steam support in two weeks when the prices are back up.

ModBot said:
Instructions for crimsonheadGCN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crimsonheadGCN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ARMA: Cold War Assault -- MB-A79995E43E8CBEC2 - Taken by Pezus. 2 entrants total.

t1420149169z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 32 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Toki Tori -- MB-3D7207896BAE4DC8 - Taken by JoduanER2. 1 entrants total.
Penguins Arena: Sedna's World -- MB-9DFBEDEE76948389 - Taken by Rawket Lawnchair. 1 entrants total.
Killer is Dead - Nightmare Edition -- MB-3C6F2C592C470CEB - Taken by Berto. 77 entrants total.
Ikaruga -- MB-600F901F0E52EE56 - Taken by Zantar. 46 entrants total.
Skullgirls -- MB-73053A46CDA06CAD - Taken by Jay RaR. 6 entrants total.
Return to mysterious Island 2 -- MB-4F34552DB25F1FFC - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Wickland -- MB-C67C96D86023E89B - Taken by Naked Snake. 1 entrants total.
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes -- MB-C9843720E37E08AF - Taken by Luap. 1 entrants total.
Salammbo: Battle for Carthage -- MB-679A7C1AAC824520 - Taken by Bayonetta. 1 entrants total.
DuckTales Remastered -- MB-BD7E406370969ABC - Taken by MicroByter. 25 entrants total.
Strider -- MB-53141174091FD599 - Taken by bkw. 26 entrants total.
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-C011F4FA05D0A341 - Taken by SapientWolf. 2 entrants total.
Metal Slug 3 -- MB-A55FEF7C7CE856D8 - Taken by Iron Badger. 2 entrants total.
Ghostbusters: The Videogame -- MB-78F8CFFDC2ADDC15 - Taken by JBourne. 7 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-BF19F791744D532A - Taken by eyeless. 11 entrants total.
Hatoful Boyfriend -- MB-A44E008CBD4D468E - Taken by Patison. 13 entrants total.
Gunhound EX #2 -- MB-B409A5CB59303E6B - Taken by Oldschoolgamer. 7 entrants total.
Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle -- MB-BF49702B40993202 - Taken by daydreaming. 6 entrants total.
Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystera -- MB-7B5BB1FCAFE48DAD - Taken by The Shadow. 8 entrants total.
Stick it to the man! -- MB-6DFCBCA27C499712 - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-80BF67E907382AF9 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo. 2 entrants total.
Amerzone: The Explorer's Legacy -- MB-65FB194DFDBE26E1 - Taken by topyy. 1 entrants total.
Gunhound EX #1 -- MB-16748A86BFCCB777 - Taken by The Reloader. 10 entrants total.

Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy -- MB-364AA1A743BE50D3 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Valiant Hearts: The Great War -- MB-3A194D24241976EE - Taken by Xeteh. 29 entrants total.
Ys: The Oath in Felghana -- MB-CB987306A5B7F8B3 - Taken by TheLight. 27 entrants total.
The Talos Principle -- MB-A8CC6DF38E5AAE92 - Taken by Maxwood. 123 entrants total.
White Noise Online -- MB-9219C064A5DDD6F7 - Taken by InfiniteNine. 1 entrants total.
Metal Slug X -- MB-E8D6EEB883FC1E2C - Taken by OFFIS. 12 entrants total.
Castle of Illusion -- MB-669381D96E9046F0 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 10 entrants total.
Freedom Planet -- MB-23F620B6AE095915 - Taken by Tellaerin. 31 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Lost Planet 3 -- MB-4F4F107DB90B51DD - Taken by spindoctor. 38 entrants total.

t1420153061z1.png

KarmaCow

Oh jeez, the community market is really lagging for me. I was going to wait to put up cards but it's going to take forever to put them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom