• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayant

Little reminder if you want anything.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 23 Steam keys and 9 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kayant, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
The Sims 3 Date Night Key (Origin) -- MB-CFEAD1CEAF17D610 - Taken by faceless007. 4 entrants total.
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-4EBF665157D34A2E - Taken by overburning. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
The Sims 3 Late Night Key (Origin) -- MB-B0B500ADB616DB59 - Taken by Kinky John. 2 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-037B153321110FEA - Taken by maguskain. 20 entrants total.
Total War: Rome II - Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack -- MB-9B0C2A5CAFDCAF77 - Taken by Shadowplay1979. 6 entrants total.
Guest Pass: Killing Floor -- MB-F11F83E46D14702B
Guest Pass: Killing Floor #2 -- MB-829EB6811F109547
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Commander - Conscripts Support Tactics #2 -- MB-1673D3BE2757ADDB - Taken by schroddycat. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff Key (Origin) -- MB-434B3FE5927A1F74 - Taken by Jo-El. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: German Skin - Four Color Disruptive Pattern -- MB-E3892E2680D65DD4 - Taken by JoduanER2. 1 entrants total.
EVE Online: Trial Key -- MB-47CB35AC8595291D - Taken by OneEightZero. 1 entrants total.
Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-1210CA32092F35B0 - Taken by bobnowhere. 6 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-1C73F43FC56ED1AA
Mortal Kombat Kollection -- MB-C3B3565E2E11AAC9 - Taken by nja. 21 entrants total.
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit DLC -- MB-0842B1821C5F5AB7 - Taken by MrPanic. 2 entrants total.
SMITE - Almighty Zeus -- MB-92C26FE1AAC5D5F1 - Taken by Anilusion. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) #2 -- MB-151D7D1868056095 - Taken by Pestilence11. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) #2 -- MB-B532F6C82132E6B2 - Taken by Gunblade47. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: German Skin - Four Color Disruptive Pattern #2 -- MB-D272585795102212 - Taken by lindarasta. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: German Commander - Storm Doctrine #2 -- MB-FC84A89B62763AF7 - Taken by Alessandro. 1 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-68DC0B0DFD22084F - Taken by hooijdonk17. 10 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-DE67AEA6EC57CAF2 - Taken by Real4Life. 15 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
The Sims 3 (Origin) -- MB-82149229A2F49F1B - Taken by Jables Swan. 11 entrants total.
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-7794BFF84BFE2479 - Taken by mrks. 4 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-A4D875E68468377B - Taken by Sr Kitsune. 15 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-7ED17820E5F4CF7E - Taken by Grizza. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: German Commander - Storm Doctrine -- MB-40854C21A4C458B1 - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-C680E18F82870D16 - Taken by GillianSeed79. 10 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-BC044EFA84449243 - Taken by JoduanER2. 4 entrants total.
EVE Online: Rifter Ship Skin -- MB-655ADB18C9CA3B98 - Taken by Scrum. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-5261AC4CE3A7688C - Taken by Bytes. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Commander - Conscripts Support Tactics -- MB-8FB108E77B072531 - Taken by Diedac. 2 entrants total.

t1420166626z1.png

RP912

Banned
Wolfenstein is surprisingly good. I didn't expect it's narrative to be nearly as good as it is.

Yea I played some of the game over my brother's house and got hooked...yet I'm a sucker for 4x games and endless legend looks promising...

decisions decisions....

legacyzero

Banned
Welp. I ran out of Steam money. One of the smallest hauls I've ever had during a major sale. I was hoping X-Rebirth would get a daily deal. I could have bought it today, but I didn't use good strategy :p

GUkb.png

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Any good local co op games or curation groups like that? Got quite a few already but was wanting to add a few more.

XShagrath

Correct. There are no more daily, flash, or community vote sales - this is as low as everything is getting.
There may be an update to the dailies today, but it would all just be repeats. It's probably safe to buy anything now, but it's only two hours until a potential update, so why not wait?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There may be an update to the dailies today, but it would all just be repeats. It's probably safe to buy anything now, but it's only two hours until a potential update, so why not wait?

There won't be any new deals. You'll notice that "New deals in..." is no longer present on the front page and above the significantly larger deal grid is a single countdown timer.

Hey GAF, would like some help here making my final purchase decision:

This War is Mine but I don't really like sims / survival games that much. The roguelike nature of restarting and stuff appeals to me however.

Wings of Vi - Love shmups, platformers and games like these but I am really turned off by the art and designs.

Dungeon of the Endless - Love roguelikes, not a big fan of tower defense.

Escapists - Love the idea and almost wario-ware like appeal to it.. hate crafting and stuff like in minecraft.

Hope I don't come across as too picky but I usually am with most games. Anyone similar out there have any suggestions? Feel free to suggest something I don't have listed. I have a $30.00 budget or so.

Hmm.. I thought the Steam news post said the encore ran until the sale ended, but it's only referring to the end of the sale itself.

What you're saying is possible. Valve has done weirder things before, I guess...

This War is Mine but I don't really like sims / survival games that much. The roguelike nature of restarting and stuff appeals to me however.
In This War of Mine you spend most of your time planning how to survive on limited resources and making tough sacrifices when you don't have enough. There's also moral/ethical dilemmas regarding stealing from other survivors or even killing people to get what you need. (Which affects your characters and others' perception of you, beyond your own, personal views.) That's the main crux of the game, though the roguelike elements of semi-randomly generated playthroughs helps to keep things fresh.

It's a great game, but don't expect Binging of Isaac or anything like that. It's more of a roguelite than a proper rogue experience.

XShagrath

Hmm.. I thought the Steam news post said the encore ran until the sale ended, but it's only referring to the end of the sale itself.

What you're saying is possible. Valve has done weirder things before, I guess...
Ahhh.. I'm didn't read the news post. However, since these encores are lasting until the end of the sale, they could always add another batch today and what they posted would still be correct.

I'm just speculating, and it's very rare that Steam does not get a daily update.

In This War of Mine you spend most of your time planning how to survive on limited resources and making tough sacrifices when you don't have enough. There's also moral/ethical dilemmas regarding stealing from other survivors or even killing people to get what you need. (Which affects your characters and others' perception of you, beyond your own, personal views.) That's the main crux of the game, though the roguelike elements of semi-randomly generated playthroughs helps to keep things fresh.

It's a great game, but don't expect Binging of Isaac or anything like that. It's more of a roguelite than a proper rogue experience.

Thanks, this made me want it a little more actually. Still a bit hesitant on it though.

aku:jiki

Dungeon of the Endless - Love roguelikes, not a big fan of tower defense.
Then I don't think it's for you. It truly is a melding of the genres like it advertises itself to be. You do explore and loot like in a roguelike, but you have to do so in a TD-style route-planning strategy. If you're in the market for a proper roguelike, DotE will not be what you're looking for.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Ziggurat is really, really good. Not like, good for a crappy indie game I only paid 3 bucks for, but really, actually good. Fantastic little Rogue-like, Hexen game with a clean, colorful art style and plenty of challenge. It may be too difficult for some, but man, beating a level is just so darn rewarding. If you're looking to pick up one more game on sale before the End of All Things, this is definitely a contender.

Item Box

Before I pull the trigger:

Anyone got good things to say about Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Crimzon Clover World Ignition?

Also, is this holiday badge the cheapest foil to craft? I normally dont get foils cause of the ridiculous prices but my OCD is making me craft it due to its exclusivity.

I've learned an important lesson this holiday season. Don't buy video games from Sept-Nov. They'll be discounted by Christmas. :(

It's somewhat safe to get some games during the smaller Fall sale though as the discounts are similar (barring a flash or community choice). But yea, if you have something to play in the interim, probably safest to wait. Sorry if you had to learn it the hard way. :(

The Argus

Oh man, I must have drunkenly logged on to Steam last night after I got home. Bunch of Steam receipts in my mailbox:
Space Engineers, Prison Architect, The Long Dark, Age of Empties, Dishonored....

Some of these look fun, I guess I didn't fuck up too bad, right?

pahamrick

Oh man, I must have drunkenly logged on to Steam last night after I got home. Bunch of Steam receipts in my mailbox:
Space Engineers, Prison Architect, The Long Dark, Age of Empties, Dishonored....

Some of these look fun, I guess I didn't fuck up too bad, right?

Prison Architect and Dishonored are great, I've heard good things about The Long Dark and Space Engineers.

So, I'd say you did good.

If you haven't picked Prison Architect and are even mildy interested, do yourself a favor and pick it up post haste. It's an incredibly fun and interesting management sim with a ton of charm and personality. Its early access but feels polished and competed, the devs are extremely active and regularly update with a monthly build. There's also hefty workshop support.

I was also having problems until I started to use the elemental effects to my advantage. On combat control the terrain using for example midnight oil + some fire spell, rain + some electricity spell or freeze the ground. It's much easier when you start doing some crowd control with the elemental effects. I use two wizards (Jahan plus one of the characters) and two tanks (Madora plus one knight).

I love the combat, almost every encounter is demanding and a possible party wipe. F5 is my most used key lol.

Yeah, I don't mean to turn anyone off to it that may be reading this, I'm actually enjoying it. Fighting same level baddies isn't all that hard, but so far it seems like there is one correct path to go (same level content), while if you choose the wrong one for your level, it's party wipe time. Older games like Baldur's Gate were similar (and not like most modern games with everything leveling scaling), but there were just more areas on the map you could check out without getting into serious trouble. Closer to town, you're probably OK. Further away, probably better saved for later.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Last day of the sale, I made the Hidden Deals thread so I know some ridiculously cheap prices for games I'm interested in, have $28 left for the sale, but want to save $20 for Residet Evil HD Remaster coming out in two weeks.

Oh dear.

wazoo

Xliveless doesn't work because the game doesn't support offline/local profiles and in my experience the only crack that exists doesn't work with the Steam version. The latter isn't hard to find if you want to give it a shot yourself.
xliveless, not the gta version, but the 2014 update, works with pretty much all gfwl games.

i played bulletstorm on steam with it enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom