• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hesemonni

Banned
Damage done was really slight:

- Bulletstorm
- Might & Magic X : Legacy (Thanks Durante)

It's either the backlog growing larger or sales getting worse, but this was it this time.

Brannon

What the hell's going on? I clicked on FF13 and Lichdom because they were 50% and 75% off respectively, but when I get to their pages, the sales are completely different.

Ceebs

Is How The Saints Save Christmas or Enter the Dominatrix dlc for Saints Row IV worth getting or should I just save my steam wallet money ?

How The Saints Save Christmas is worth it for 2 bucks. I enjoyed it well enough at full price. Then again I love anything Saints Row at this point.

MrPanic

Urgh, can't believe I forgot to purchase Miami Hotline yesterday, what a waste since there's nothing new today. Guess I'll waste my last cents on something from the hidden deal thread.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
What the hell's going on? I clicked on FF13 and Lichdom because they were 50% and 75% off respectively, but when I get to their pages, the sales are completely different.

They were the last daily deals. They ended today at noon central.

I was about to pull the trigger on Lichdom myself, it went up and I ended up grabbing like 6 games off my wishlist instead.

I should have bought Lost Planet 3 when it was 80% off during the last sale. It was 75% off at a point during this sale, but I didn't get it then.

I'll probably still get it at 50% off along with the DmC Devil May Cry: Vergil's Downfall DLC.

Tizoc

I should have bought Lost Planet 3 when it was 80% off during the last sale. It was 75% off at a point during this sale, but I didn't get it then.

I'll probably still get it at 50% off along with the DmC Devil May Cry: Vergil's Downfall DLC.

LP3 was $10 on GMG and Gamersgate a few days ago.

shockdude

Anyone got good things to say about Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Crimzon Clover World Ignition?
Crimzon Clover is a phenomenal shmup. It looks awesome and feels awesome.
Only piece of advice I have is to set both the game resolution and fullscreen resolution to 1280x768; anything else will result in distorted graphics.

I don't have Euro Truck Simulator but I hear it's a surprisingly good RPG and a good relaxing game in general.

If you want adrenaline and explosions go for Crimzon Clover. If you want relaxation go for Euro Truck Simulator.

Tizoc

Can someone tell me what the Russian text in the thread title means?

soup_nazi.jpeg

NO GAMES FOR YOU!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Pakkidis, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-8664B1C7A054C92F - Taken by City 17. 15 entrants total.

t1420142691z1.png

Since Far Cry 4 requires Uplay anyway I should probably get one of those cheap nvidia promo cards instead of buying it on steam. Would you guys agree?

MIND: Path to the Thalamus looks really good.

It is. They also just put out a huge patch that reworks some of the rough parts of the game, as well as polishing, and re-recording all of the voice over narrative. I played it pre-patch, and it was great, so I can only imagine the tweaks would make it even cooler.

_woLf

I feel like valve puts less and less effort into their summer and fall sales over the past few years..so little fanfare and no neat side activities/rewards or wishlist contests anymore. Sad :(

pahamrick

AMD FX4 and a Raedon 6700.

Could probably run it, but not with all the fun bells and whistles.

Its a pretty good port. I've got an i7 920 @ 3.6ghz. With Radeon 5870s in Crossfire I get 60fps at 1080p with settings mixed between medium and high. With crossfire disabled I still manage around 30fps with the same settings.

This being my first sale I don't know what I missed...
Nothing.

The meta games were dumb time wasters that usually got gamed hard by russian traders or just give you hot trash anyway. Maybe you'd win your wishlist! But probably not.

The deals are fine the only people who complain are the ones who own most of the good stuff and are sad they're not spending money like they used to when they didn't own anything on steam.

Saty

And here i thought that the ways in which Valve 'gamified' sales was one of the biggest criticism of how they do the big sales.

I feel like valve puts less and less effort into their summer and fall sales over the past few years..so little fanfare and no neat side activities/rewards or wishlist contests anymore. Sad :(

Probably because they were manipulated to hell and back. The achievement sale was the best... but then of course people found workarounds to get the achievements without actually playing the games.

Then there was the time people opened hundreds of accounts by activating a humble bundle bought for a penny to get entries into the grand prize contest.

They make something cool and the community actively tries to break and destroy it.

No one to blame but ourselves.

MRORANGE

For new gaffers who are new to Steam sales or just Steam or PC Gaming...

We have a Official Steam thread on Neogaf Community, come and join! :

as well as a Steam ID friend list:

And a place to trade card/games/keys:

Also check out a whole list of PC threads on NeoGAF:

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
wheeeeeeeee steam freaking out due to traffic. must offload these christmas cards for pennies before the market collapses NOW! D:

Tenrius

I'm finally back in the world of the living, the past few weeks were so busy I didn't really follow much of anything. What did I miss?

Played some Mind: Path to Thalamus today and wasn't overly impressed with it. It looks beautiful at times, but walking around all those corridors gets old fast, the puzzles are kind of just there and the story isn't really appealing. Maybe it gets better, I don't know. For the record, I like Dear Esther, which is a somewhat similar game, but Dear Esther is just 40 minutes long, has better writing and doesn't tell you what exactly happened right from the start.

Parakeetman

Man still cant access my inventory, steam must be getting hammered to shit.

Crazy since the other sections work. You would think that things like the store front would be broken not users specific accounts.

RAWi

Man still cant access my inventory, steam must be getting hammered to shit.

Crazy since the other sections work. You would think that things like the store front would be broken not users specific accounts.

Oh, so im not the only one :D. I thought it was a problem from my side.

Parakeetman

Oh, so im not the only one :D. I thought it was a problem from my side.

Yep its dead jim. Other sections of Steam seem to work just fine though.

Dont think Ill be able to flip these stupid holiday cards in time before they run out which is today right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom