• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

First xmas sale where I might not buy much.

I would be nice if Activison had a sale on some of the older COD games.

I want to play World At War

Thinking about getting Kane & Lynch, does it hold up well compared to similar crime-related third person shooters (maybe like a payday or hitman)? Only $1.74 so it's probably worth a try.

Grief.exe

Thanks, seems consistent with what I've been reading, unfortunately. I may just opt to get the HD collection instead, it's not that much more expensive.

DMC3 ran perfectly for me, even patched in some xinput support.

There are some problems, but the majority of them are fixable with a bit of research.

I was running the game at 1440p/60 with a 560 ti and a 360 cobtroller. No crashes, dips, or slowdowns.

Got MGSR and Speedrunners. Definitely wanted to get those two and I was hoping they would have good sales. And what do you know, very first day.

Dark Souls 2 was tempting, but I'll wait for the new version to come out

famfrit

Does the remaster has all the dlc? Is it essentially a "complete" version or will more dlc come out for the remaster itself.

Yes, the remaster will include all dlc + some new contend.

From DS2 wiki:

Dark Souls II, Scholar of the First Sindks2sotfs.jpg is a recently announced upgrade and bundle of Dark Souls II that will bring the game to Playstation 4 and Xbox One. It will also bundle all previous DLCs and provide additional features and content, and can be purchased on the current generation as well.

Official Announcement for Scholar of the First Sin
[1]
//We’re very excited to announce Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin!

WATCH THE ANNOUNCEMENT TRAILER HERE
http://youtu.be/v0GxBZcVmHc

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin will be launching in the Americas on April 7, 2015 on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, and PC/Steam (DirectX 9/DirectX11)!

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin will include the three previously released DLC packs - Crown of the Sunken King, Crown of the Old Iron King, and Crown of the Ivory King - along with additional features.

All versions of the game will include the following features (Existing Dark Souls II owners will receive a patch to implement these elements):

Additional NPCs added for an enhanced story experience.
Parameter adjustments for improved game balance.
Augmented item descriptions.
Improved online matchmaking functionality.

Xbox One, PS4, and DirectX 11 versions of the game will include the following features (in addition to those listed above):

Additional upgrades to graphics, sound, performance.
Increase in maximum online players in single session (6 total).

---

Very Exciting! Join the forums for additional details and discussions on Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin at FextraLife

Details translated from a famitsu interview by Tanimaru:

- New NPC-related events

- A new NPC that will act as a narrator or guide. The NPC will be providing more story elements, and has an unusual form:

http://i.imgur.com/HZHLJB8.jpg

This NPC has a lot of knowledge of Drangleic, and will lead players "somewhere they’ve never been before". This NPC ties in to the subtitle of this release (Scholar of the First Flame). Tanimura mentions that we'll have to play for ourselves to find out more about this.

- There will be some revisions to the item descriptions. Supposedly, Tanimura mentioned: "Rather than make everything easy to understand or reveal the whole truth, our approach is more like dropping a few more hints that will spur the imagination of players". This means the item descriptions will still keep the same level of ambiguity as before.

Things related to multiplayer (not sure if these are for all versions, this remains to be seen):

- They're planning to make it so that players in NG will be able to connect to players in NG+ and beyond. Also they plan to "relax" the matchmaking requirements and "break down the barriers" by allowing players to self-adjust their total accumulated souls.

- The game will same level of detail that is available in the current Windows version (No word on the Windows DirectX 11 version yet).

- Tanimura gives an example of an area that will have its number of enemies increased. There will be more spiders in Brightstone Cove Tseldora:

http://i.imgur.com/OyPn8pA.jpg

RM8

I felt stupid not buying Revengeance even though it's also stupid to buy it because it'd fry my current PC. Thanks for making me feel stupid, Steam. Can't wait to play it by mid 2015! :p

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Also, does anyone know if the mod that let you switch styles in DMC3 on the fly ever got working properly?

fFvuKYM.gif

Yeah, it's been refined and there have been a ton of improvements to it, but it's still a bit buggy from what I understand. YMMV

http://www.nexusmods.com/devilmaycry3/mods/1/?

This thread isn't moving as fast as the previous ones. Any reason why?

I bought almost everything I wanted using various gem->booster/card->cash->gem recycling schemes during the auction. It will be interesting to see if some devs report having the auction so close to the sale cannibalised their sales.

Oriel

€3.99 for Metal Gear Rising? Somehow I feel compelled to buy it even though I don't particularly like hack 'n' slash games.

famfrit

Hey gaf, bought Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition and want know if I can play with my PS3 control ? If yes, how I can make it work ?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of freshVeggie, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (freshVeggie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition -- MB-F5FEDE55FD6BED32 - Taken by Rudakus. 61 entrants total.
Final Fantasy XIII -- MB-EB204AAA3F1983E7 - Taken by texhnolyze. 80 entrants total.

t1418957801z1.png

BorntoPlay

- bought game for giveaway

- remembered the new region stuff

- gave it to a IRL friend that doesnt really use steam that much and has like 5 games (thinking maybe he'll start)

I suspect this will start happening to other people too

Modbot need new rules for each region: ONLYLATINAMERICA....XD

Snagged MGR, Bully Scholarship Edition, and Freedom Planet.

Is it too hopeful to expect a discount for Shovel Knight?

yea the developer said they won't discount it during winter sale which is strange because I seem to remember it going down to $9.99 a while ago

donny2112

Kerbal is 25% off, which means it'll be 40% off again for its flash/daily sale. :/ Will my dream of sub-$10 Kerbal be forever unrealized?!?

So JRPG guys who known the Steam Library better then I do any JRPGs I should keep an eye out for if they go on sale? I already have Trails, the Ys games, Last Remnant, and most of the Genesis JRPGs like the Shining Force games. I know of the FF games which I'll double dip if they get marked down really low. Any other suggestions would be great

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Kanokare, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kanokare, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance -- MB-8E1E51808E0A2F02 - Taken by Kifimbo. 49 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1418958221z1.png

Traded in Smash and bought a couple steam gift cards, bought MGSV:GZ and Rome 2 Total War EE.

Still have 11 bucks left so we'll see what happens during the sale, hopefully south park drops low enough for me to buy it because I really want that.

famfrit

So JRPG guys who known the Steam Library better then I do any JRPGs I should keep an eye out for if they go on sale? I already have Trails, the Ys games, Last Remnant, and most of the Genesis JRPGs like the Shining Force games. I know of the FF games which I'll double dip if they get marked down really low. Any other suggestions would be great

- Valkyria Chronicles
- Agarest War and Agarest Zero
- Recettear: a item shop tale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom