• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Agarest War and Agarest Zero
- Recettear: a item shop tale

Yeah I'll keep an eye out for VC to see if it gets a daily/flash, Agarest War I own on 360 but never played (bro gave to me) worth double dipping on the PC version is there anything better/different about it?

Kanokare

ff13-2, gaben pls
XhOaqBc.gif

Geez!!!
That guy must work out.

BY2K

Membero Americo
You know, normally I'd be upset that the Dark Souls II DLC is STILL not on sale despite the game being, but with Scholar of the First Sin coming, I can wait.

Bit of a cross-post from the Community thread:

Not sure if it was mentioned, but E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy is on sale for 90% off (or $1).

I've heard that it was pretty flawed, but still a really good game if you can get past its failings. Definitely picking it up since I missed the last sale on it. (Yes, I'm breaking my "wait for the dailies!" rule, but I doubt it's going lower than 90% off this sale.)

You know, normally I'd be upset that the Dark Souls II DLC is STILL not on sale despite the game being, but with Scholar of the First Sin coming, I can wait.

The worst part is that there is about zero point zero percent chance that there will be an upgrade path for current DS2 owners. I just dont see them doing it with them having to set up 2 upgrade paths for those who bought the DLC and those who didnt.

I loved State of Decay. I am just going to hold off on the DLC to see if I can get it at the same time as some other things. At under 2$ it's a definite buy.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The worst part is that there is about zero point zero percent chance that there will be an upgrade path for current DS2 owners. I just dont see them doing it with them having to set up 2 upgrade paths for those who bought the DLC and those who didnt.

Wait what!?

NOW I'm mad! I own Dark Souls II!

AngerdX

Will be keeping an eye on the sale, but don´t think i´ll splurge much this time, as i stopped buying games here in EU, the pricing most of the time here is just awful, but let´s see how it goes. :)

famfrit

Yeah I'll keep an eye out for VC to see if it gets a daily/flash, Agarest War I own on 360 but never played (bro gave to me) worth double dipping on the PC version is there anything better/different about it?

Well, looks like the same game to me. The game have some dungeon and cheat item pack as DLC, but dont know if it is inside the Xbox version (and not relevant will be lost if you dont have it):

The base game includes the following bonus content, all for free!
The Basic Pack
The Offense/Defense Pack
The Additional-Points Pack
The first four Add-On Dungeons
The Recovery Skill Pack
The Flower Pack
The General-Purpose

In other words, dont buy again the same game.

If you like srpg and the franchise, you can get the prequel Agarest Zero.

First xmas sale where I might not buy much.

I would be nice if Activison had a sale on some of the older COD games.

I want to play World At War

You know, I would get COD4 on Steam for cheap, but not for the price Activision is asking for it. Damn you Activision, is almost an 8 year old game!!

famfrit

You know, I would get COD4 on Steam for cheap, but not for the price Activision is asking for it. Damn you Activision, is almost an 8 year old game!!

Yeah, my reaction is the same with the glorious Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines !

Why the hell I dont bought in the last sale with 80% off... now I need wait for a daily deal, because this game is awesome !

Grief.exe

Get Games Go Mac version is your best option. I picked it up when it hit $5 myself, and it does so a couple times per year.

Keeping my eye on the Mac version of Call of Duty 2 on Get Games Go currently.

For the record, I found that Call of Duty 4's campaign didn't hold up at all

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Leviathan: Warships -- MB-BB4B13C54C17F8A9 - Taken by delirium
Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-E8CA0C30646355FE - Taken by neotokyo360
ulgzbKC.png
100% Orange Juice (Desura) -- MB-1D4FFA61FB3721BA - Taken by famfrit

take more than one, if you want

I was gonna make another joke about dumb Steam Sale gimmicks to follow up the Green Team joke but then I realized I couldn't think of anything as bad as the teams

Is there a hidden-gem thread around like previous sales, or are we just asking/giving suggestions here?

No hidden gems thread yet. I think Toma made it last time.

There's only one hidden gem SteamGAF needs to concern themselves with right now:
ONE WAY HEROICS

Do not think, just buy. It's that good.

I was gonna make another joke about dumb Steam Sale gimmicks to follow up the Green Team joke but then I realized I couldn't think of anything as bad as the teams
Potato, potato.

Grief.exe

Still sad about the Dark Souls 2 DLC. I should just bite the bullet, I want to play it before Bloodborne.

Part of me wonders whether Namco is going to artificially inflate the value of the Scholar of the First Sin 'upgraded' release by stagnating the cost of the Season Pass.

Somewhat similar to how Bethesda treats the DLC for both Dishonored and Skyrim.

I'm so behind. I hadn't seen this Scholar of the First Sin bullshit either. DX11 version? jesus christ

They better have a cheap upgrade path for those with the season pass at the minimum, or there is going to be some rage.

Ronabo

Oh darn, I didn't win the Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition. I'm almost finished with the regular version and some of the DLC seems pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom