• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
This beggar just messaged me on Steam, saying that he is from Algeria and that it's hard there to get a credit card, so he wanted me to gift him a game. He says he got his 157 games buy begging.....
Anyone from Algeria who can confirm his story?

P.S: his profile says he is from GB...

Well in Africa, only South Africa can buy anything from the interenet using internet transactions, all the other countries including Algeria can't buy or sell or do any internet transaction by any means not even using paypal and I can confirm that.

Baha

I was having trouble connecting to steam through the client. The moment I put in my credentials and hit login, a connection error popped up almost immediately. I tried logging in via a browser and was successful and that somehow fixed my issue when I tried again via the client. Any ideas what happened here?

plc268

I was having trouble connecting to steam through the client. The moment I put in my credentials and hit login, a connection error popped up almost immediately. I tried logging in via a browser and was successful and that somehow fixed my issue when I tried again via the client. Any ideas what happened here?

Seems like there was a rush on Steam's servers as everyone thought there was a new sale... problem is, they were an hour early.

Sch1sm

man, the sales thread sure is slow for a big steam sale. I remember (in my time!) times where we had full new threads every day!

Is the non-event responsible? Or the Russian ban? Even the posts in community are barebones.

Probably because of how infrequent sale changes are. Community and Flash changed every 8 hours for the summer sale, didn't they? Then the daily deals every 24 hours, but they lingered the same 48 hours as now. It's just not as large a sale for it to have a full new thread. :c

MrPanic

Current haul:
- MGR:R
- Borderlands 2 goty
- Arkham City

Only 16€ to spend on the rest of the sale though, hopefully double-dipping on Borderlands 2 wasn't a mistake.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Probably because of how infrequent sale changes are. Community and Flash changed every 8 hours for the summer sale, didn't they? Then the daily deals every 24 hours, but they lingered the same 48 hours as now. It's just not as large a sale for it to have a full new thread. :c

Yeah, the sale threads of last year are roughly 75% "The new deals don't interest me! This sale sucks!" :p

Sch1sm

Yeah, the sale threads of last year are roughly 75% "The new deals don't interest me! This sale sucks!" :p

They weren't even that bad, either. Ah, well. 75% off is more than we're getting from even the most irrelevant console's selection at an EBGames. :lol

Ill have money to buy dark souls 2 but only after it goes off sale. Why have you forsaken me gaben.

Just wait few months until it's rereleased, no harm.

Spyware

what dlc?

"This new PC version includes all three DLC missions: Blade Wolf, Jetstream, and VR Missions, in addition to all customized body upgrades for Raiden, including: White Armor, Inferno Armor, Commando Armor, Raiden’s MGS4 body, and the ever-popular Cyborg Ninja."

Right there on the store page ;P

Ventara

Hey guys, I'm on the edge with Metal Gear Rising and I need someone to push me one way or the other. The thing is, I already have it for the PS3, but haven't played it yet, so I don't know if I should just play that and save my money, or go with the superior PC version that has DLC. What do I do? I have 20 minutes to decide.

Lomax

What's the word on Hack and Slash? There's so many long bad reviews on the Steam page.

I'm loving it so far, but as I understand the "hacking" gets quite complex towards the end, so if that's not your thing you may want to avoid it. But if you love old style Zelda games for their puzzles as much as the combat, and have at least a tertiary interest in programming, I'd highly recommend it.

Teggy

I'm loving it so far, but as I understand the "hacking" gets quite complex towards the end, so if that's not your thing you may want to avoid it. But if you love old style Zelda games for their puzzles as much as the combat, and have at least a tertiary interest in programming, I'd highly recommend it.

I do know some programming and that sounds kind of cool. Maybe I will bite. Thanks.

Jirotrom

"This new PC version includes all three DLC missions: Blade Wolf, Jetstream, and VR Missions, in addition to all customized body upgrades for Raiden, including: White Armor, Inferno Armor, Commando Armor, Raiden’s MGS4 body, and the ever-popular Cyborg Ninja."

Right there on the store page ;P
thanks, id already beat the game on 360, worth the cost now

is killing floor any good?

should I take the plunge?

I've got you covered... right here.

what is that guy on the right holding tho

and what is that dude on the left

Something from Spiral Knights is on the left and the TF2 doctor is holding onto what looks like an alligator hat.

Hey guys, I'm on the edge with Metal Gear Rising and I need someone to push me one way or the other. The thing is, I already have it for the PS3, but haven't played it yet, so I don't know if I should just play that and save my money, or go with the superior PC version that has DLC. What do I do? I have 20 minutes to decide.

Already covered by Salsa:
SHUT THE FUCK UP AND BUY IT.

legacyzero

Banned
Killing Floor also has the best Lever Action Rifle in a game ever.

BUY IT NOW.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
corrosivefrost is a well regarded member! he is awesome! anyone who thinks otherwise is going into my personal enemy list.

May I be a well regarded pervert?
ibg400prwTQu9u.gif

Already covered by Salsa:
SHUT THE FUCK UP AND BUY IT.

Agree

wkHvYhs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom