• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popstar

PRICE ERROR

All three community vote games are getting the 75% discount. Not just the vote winner.

So Cities in Motion 2 and R.U.S.E. are extra discounted even though they lost the vote to Rage.

prison architect is great

totally worth it at that price

you wont be able to play it period

wtf, seriously? first i've heard of this, when is this happening? so will ALL GFWL games that arent updated to steamworks, doomed to this fate as well? Is there a list of which ones?

Are legit owners of these games going to have to download/pirate non-GFWL/cracked copies them to play them ? omg microsoft you shits.

wtf, seriously? first i've heard of this, when is this happening? so will ALL GFWL games that arent updated to steamworks, doomed to this fate as well? Is there a list of which ones?

Are legit owners of these games going to have to download/pirate non-GFWL/cracked copies them to play them ? omg microsoft you shits.
Some games on gfwl support offline profiles so presumably those will be fine.

Those that don't...

yeah gfwl sucks

thats not true, i was just playing it last week, speaking about bulletstorm

73V3N

Banned
if dreamfall the longest journey didn't get a deeper discount today it means it's not getting any deeper discount this sale, right?

I enjoyed it for a few hours.

The boss fights were really annoying but it felt good when I beat them.

Then the game wanted me to fight the SAME bosses again. This time in a row, without getting killed. I promptly uninstalled the game. Ain't nobody got time for that.

But a lot of people love it. If you enjoy cool combat and difficult boss fights with a lot of button mashing, you should enjoy this game.

Found your problem, mate.

El Topo

Dreamfall Chapters is on sale, but not The Longest Journey or Dreamfall? Fuck this.

Edit:
Different publishers? Okay, fair enough. Still disappointed.

Fawoosh

Banned
50% off Metro Redux. That's neat I guess.

ColorlessFittingBuffalo.gif

Lomax

Some games with GFWL run fine offline or otherwise, but Bulletstorm doesn't. If you can't get logged into GFWL, Bulletstorm won't go past the title screen at all.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I'm only a little bored by this sale because I already have a ton of games, usually the ones with the best discounts, and I'm really starting to get fatigued.

If I were new to Steam this shit would blow my mind like it used to. My backlog is too big and I have so many games I got on "excellent" discounts that I haven't played (and since buying them they've been discounted to even lower prices). So, I'm not going to whine. Haven't bought anything yet, but I think I might get Valkyria or Isaac.

Durante

I really don't get where the idea that the sale is "bad" is coming from. It seems easily on par with any other Steam sale ever.

I mean, I'm also buying less than I used to, but that's because I already have most of the games I wanted, from kickstarter rewards or bundles or earlier sales or even buying them day 1. That doesn't make the offers worse though.

73V3N

Banned
Dreamfall Chapters is on sale, but not The Longest Journey or Dreamfall? Fuck this.

Edit:
Different publishers? Okay, fair enough. Still disappointed.

I feel like they never go on sale.

Do i need to play longest journey before getting chapters?

see the key to steam sales is getting them the year AFTER they come out

that's when the good deals show up..and at times w/o even needing a daily. Unless its DMC and its stuck at $12.50 for eternity

Downloading the Europa demo to see if i dig it

Scrabble

Did redux fix the stealth and a.i.? Last Light was pretty much broken with how easy stealth was because of the brain dead a.i..

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping we get 33% off of Far Cry 4. Been interested in checking it out after all of the positive buzz.

I really don't get where the idea that the sale is "bad" is coming from. It seems easily on par with any other Steam sale ever.

I mean, I'm also buying less than I used to, but that's because I already have most of the games I wanted, from kickstarter rewards or bundles or earlier sales or even buying them day 1. That doesn't make the offers worse though.
people lose perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom