• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Binding of Isaac worth $10? Is it possible that it'll get cheaper?

Not during this sale it won't. But it is absolutely worth $10. Tons of replay value. Manages to stay fresh through multiple runs.

I was just wondering the same. Also, how much of an improvement over the original is Rebirth? I haven't been following it much so all I've really seen is that people don't like the new music.

I think it adds well enough content and changes the mechanics just enough to feel fresh again, yet still comfortable to those who played the original. Fantastic re-release.

Yes! and I think most of it is cosmetic, but "Going east" adds lot of content.

you may want to wait cause it was even cheaper a few hours ago and it may get an encore

It's pretty good.
Depends on what you want with it. If you want to immerse yourself and just chillax from life troubles, then yes, it is, at times, almost a cathartic experience. If you feel the idea of driving through European highways while blasting your favorite radio (supports internet radios) or song library is something you might enjoy, then yes, try it out. Especially for that price.

great thanks guys

Spyware

Okay I kinda want to play the old ones now.

Do I need both TLJ and Dreamfall: TLJ? Or is it just a remake type of thing?

Do they play well with Windows 8 and modern GPUs?
Yay! They are soooo good.
Have not tried them on Win8 so can't answer that sadly.
You need both if you want the whole story, Dreamfall is the sequel to TLJ.

is Euro Truck Simulator 2 any good?
does one also really need to purchase the dlc as well?

Depends on what you want with it. If you want to immerse yourself and just chillax from life troubles, then yes, it is, at times, almost a cathartic experience. If you feel the idea of driving through European highways while blasting your favorite radio (supports internet radios) or song library is something you might enjoy, then yes, try it out. Especially for that price.

James93

Indeed. I spenta lot of hours in that game. Pretty addictive for the first few plays.

Oooooh. The Golf Club on sale. What is the status of that game? Very playable and enjoyable?

The game play is fairly solid but the performance is still horrible and its far from done

Lomax

I was just wondering the same. Also, how much of an improvement over the original is Rebirth? I haven't been following it much so all I've really seen is that people don't like the new music.

It's the perfect version of one of the greatest games ever. If you enjoyed the first one you can't go wrong with it, it's easily my GotY.

Popstar

I voted for RAGE in the hopes that other id stuff (DOOM 3) would get discounted but it seems it's not to be.

They didn't even give an additional discount to the Rage DLC.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hoping we get 33% off of Far Cry 4. Been interested in checking it out after all of the positive buzz.

Expect 25%.

I voted for RAGE in the hopes that other id stuff (DOOM 3) would get discounted but it seems it's not to be.

They didn't even give an additional discount to the Rage DLC.

Many publishers seem to have skipped over DLC discounts this year, which is frustrating.

Anustart

Anyone have any recommendations for a 4 year old kid? For some ideas, he likes playing Little Inferno, there's no lose condition there and he just sits and burns stuff but he's getting bored of it.

Annubis

Anyone have any recommendations for a 4 year old kid? For some ideas, he likes playing Little Inferno, there's no lose condition there and he just sits and burns stuff but he's getting bored of it.

hA307F249

Technically, you never game over in Dark Souls

As we get more sales under our belts is like growing up with the idea of Santa, each year there's alittle less magic and excitement, but it's important to remember to appreciate what we get.

The first sale or two were wild fun, but these days i end up getting more games from gmg or nuuvem because their deals are often the same games for a dollar or two less.

As we get more sales under our belts is like growing up with the idea of Santa, each year there's alittle less magic and excitement, but it's important to remember to appreciate what we get.

The first sale or two were wild fun, but these days i end up getting more games from gmg or nuuvem because their deals are often the same games for a dollar or two less.

a good analogy. Now one criticism that is valid is the meta game this time is their worst one in a long long time. I thought they were onto something with the summer one it just had a couple rules that needed tweaked, but i really think it sparked excitement into the sale.

With the reduced # of votes, longer durations and the boring meta game its created a less active sale. I'm used to checking every couple hours for new deals.

Yes. It is in my top 10 games that have released this year. I'm hopelessly addicted to playing it on my Vita (technical issues be damned) and fire it up to play on PC pretty regularly as well.

If you liked the original BoI, you should love the new remastered version.

And on a long enough timeline, EVERYTHING gets cheaper. Will it get cheaper this sale? Well... ask yourself this. IS IT A DAILY? o_O

I checked the FAQ. What the hell do gems do?

Recycle community items to get gems.

Gems were used to bid on auctions for the last week or so. Welcome back from your time spent living under a rock.

Now that the auctions are finished, gems remain as a way to recycle community items you don't want and don't feel like selling (or that just plain don't sell). You can use these gems to buy booster packs at the moment.

a good analogy. Now one criticism that is valid is the meta game this time is their worst one in a long long time. I thought they were onto something with the summer one it just had a couple rules that needed tweaked, but i really think it sparked excitement into the sale.

With the reduced # of votes, longer durations and the boring meta game its created a less active sale. I'm used to checking every couple hours for new deals.

Yeah I think most people would agree with that, but on the bright side this sale has been a much more relaxing one. No more checking steam on my phone every 8 hrs like an addict trying to get my next hit, no more waking up in the middle of the night just to vote for a game that would never win.

On that note, it seems they've been misleading with the community votes, yesterday there was a bigger discount than noted and today they all get the winning discount (at least for now)

Alex

Chiming in to also say that Prison Architect is fantastic. It may be marked early access but its very content rich and has been getting huge monthly patches it's entire existence.

Is there any point buying Cities in Motion 1 if you laready own 2? Not interested in +1 gamecont.

Satisfying your OCD.

Maybe if you ignored it for the last week. I was able to grab a bunch of games from my wishlist for 75-90% off their base price.

Yup, if you played the market right, you could get some fantastic deals on things.
I think I got Malebolgia for $3.50 or less, give or take.

Also, the fact that gems are sticking around is fantastic. Want a specific booster? Go generate it.
Inventory full of community items that won't sell, recycle them all for gems and wait for the next auction or promo... or buy boosters.

Have you tried out the lego games? Marvel heroes has a nice open world hub where you can mess around running and flying and it's really hard to die. Otherwise you could try and find a sandbox world building game, I'm not sure what though since I've only really played minecraft, but there are tons out there and bound to be some kid friendly ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom