• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glix

A little mod for FF7, just 1.8 GB for the graphics and like 400 MB for the music and sound...and easy to install without all the Bootlog shit, i want to hold some nostalgia, i guess is a good combination and....is not 19 GB like the other...

689F726C8BE4CC8A9DE0B478DC012DB06230141A

Gross. I love the blocky guys.

A little mod for FF7, just 1.8 GB for the graphics and like 400 MB for the music and sound...and easy to install without all the Bootlog shit, i want to hold some nostalgia, i guess is a good combination and....is not 19 GB like the other...

I think I prefer the blocky graphics. And wasn't the sound officially patched?

Grief.exe

Fuck, really? I had the opportunity to get it for the Xbox One and waited for the PC version to become cheaper thinking it would be the best version. Damn it!

I think hes blowing it a bit out of proporation.

Is it unoptimized? Yes, but I don't think the game is in a terrible state right now.

Are Batman: Arkham Origins and Metro: Last Light worth it? I never played the first Metro game.

Play the first Metro game.

It is a little poorly paced in places, but is a great game overall.

Evo X

Fuck, really? I had the opportunity to get it for the Xbox One and waited for the PC version to become cheaper thinking it would be the best version. Damn it!

Don't listen to that shit. If you have a halfway decent PC, it will look way better than the Xbox One version. I'm running it pretty much max 1080P and it looks stunning and runs at 60fps constant.

The sharpening filter on xbox is god awful.

SE really needs to make a remake of this game.

Use HD pre-rendered backgrounds and updated models and be done with it.

Knurek

Well, tonight's the night I will finish Black Mesa. Started my playthrough in March I believe, but then, uhh, various things happened.

Just gotten through that rotating laser shaft part... Will just watch Xen part online afterwards, and will finally be able to start HL2. With my luck, I'll finish HL2EP2 just in time for HL3 -75% off sale.

I think hes blowing it a bit out of proporation.

Is it unoptimized? Yes, but I don't think the game is in a terrible state right now.

No, it's not. Have you played it at console-equivalent settings? It's just one of the rare games that have actual "ultra" settings, which is something that should be applauded.

ibjJH5vUnvss6f.PNG

Don't listen to that shit. If you have a halfway decent PC, it will look way better than the Xbox One version. I'm running it pretty much max 1080P and it looks stunning and runs at 60fps constant.

The sharpening filter on xbox is god awful.

I have a 2500K i5 overclocked to 4.2GHz, 8GB of RAM and a GTX 680. I believe it will run smoothly. At least I hope so lol

hlhbk

Link to the mod?

Backlogger

Guys, just a heads up, the indiegala codemasters is 50% off on its last day on sale, so you get all the games for 2,99, pretty nice deal. Here.

If I already paid a buck, does Indie Gala let you upgrade to get the other games? Or do I have to just buy another bundle. I have all the other games in the pay more category except Fuel, so I didn't pay more before. I guess I should have waited :)

Edit: Found the answer in the FAQs. You can basically act as if you are buying the same bundle and add more money, just don't click the Is Gift? checkbox. Looks like I will be giving away some Overlord keys later today :)

hlhbk

If you turn everything up in the graphics option on a shitty GPU then yes, it's terribly "optimized."

I have:

Intel Core i7-2600K
Nvidia GTX 680
8 GB RAM
Win 7
SSD drive

The game at 1080P constantly has FPS dips no matter what setting is changed.

I just want to say XCOM is easily the best game out of all the encore games, and if you haven't played it you're doing yourself an enormous disservice.

I haven't played all of them so I couldn't possibly comment.

Leaning toward XCOM simply because it offers something different from what I have right now. Damn why must I be so indecisive?!!! Haha. I need to watch videos and stew on this a bit. ;)

Play the Steam demo to help you decide.

Then decide to buy XCOM :p.

RS4-

iJiMYkwiFWi39.jpg

wtf? Is this what I get for trading cards for the game? The dude sent me a humblebundle link for it and this was back in Nov.

Lotto

Aw hell, I didn't think they'd take away some of the hidden deals and was waiting for the last day to pick up Tiny Thief for 4.99 or whatever it was at, now it's back at 14.99. Oh well, still got plenty of games to tide me over!

garath

I have a 2500K i5 overclocked to 4.2GHz, 8GB of RAM and a GTX 680. I believe it will run smoothly. At least I hope so lol

What the heck are people talking about? I have AC4 on PC. I have an overclocked 2500k, 8gig of ram and a 660ti. I have it cranked almost all the way up and get a firm framerate. I haven't even bothered looking at what that framerate is but it feels fine. I'd guess 45-60. I have vsync on.

It's definitely not 30fps.

DO update your drivers though. I had drivers from early 2013 and the game would occasionally bug out with artifacts and the like. Updating drivers solved that issue.

hlhbk

What the heck are people talking about? I have AC4 on PC. I have an overclocked 2500k, 8gig of ram and a 660ti. I have it cranked almost all the way up and get a firm framerate. I haven't even bothered looking at what that framerate is but it feels fine. I'd guess 45-60. I have vsync on.

It's definitely not 30fps.

DO update your drivers though. I had drivers from early 2013 and the game would occasionally bug out with artifacts and the like. Updating drivers solved that issue.

Look at your FPS and report back.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I don't like the endgame to X-Com. Otherwise the game is great.

Looks like Modbot came back to life and the Ys giveaway has been done!

Congrats to all winners! I hope you actually play them :p. And also spread the word about the games .

Thanks, Volcynika! :)

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
iJiMYkwiFWi39.jpg

wtf? Is this what I get for trading cards for the game? The dude sent me a humblebundle link for it and this was back in Nov.

He probably bought the humble bundle with a stolen credit card or something

Momentary

Banned
I have:

Intel Core i7-2600K
Nvidia GTX 680
8 GB RAM
Win 7
SSD drive

The game at 1080P constantly has FPS dips no matter what setting is changed.

I run it at a lower resolution and without all the bells and whistles that you try to throw in there.

Anyway, when I think terribly optimized I think of Star Citizen's Pre-Alpha Hangar Module. That shit brings you computer to a crawl. So my standards maybe aren't has extreme as yours.

Plus, I just use GeForce Experience with the game, so I don't know what it does to make it run decent.

Terra_Ex

iJiMYkwiFWi39.jpg

Just got one of these myself for a humble gift link for Amnesia: Pigs. Flagged it up on steamtrades but not much else to be done about it.

garath

Look at your FPS and report back.

Sure. I'll take a look at it when I get home. I don't feel the dips you're reporting though. Especially with Vsync on, I'd notice that pretty quick.

Might be a particular setting you have on that I don't or the newer drivers I had to install. I saw AC4 optimizations in the release notes.

wazoo

It should work as humnle bundle gifts

This is machinarium and Lume, i do not know why there is only a key

ModBot said:
Instructions for wazoo:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Lume -- MB-1F9383C2AF467A63 - Taken by bkw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom