• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Work in progress...

kTEeo4a.png

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I won Bastion! Thanks, The Grim Heaper! I'll pay it forward soon.

nexen

/sends random Steam chat request
//kidding, congrats!

Any idea how?

From the email:

"You're one of our three winners to get $100 GMG Credit when you purchased from GMG on the 31st December 2013!"

1/3.... I wonder what the actual odds of this were?

<3 GMG so much right now

Jintor

What the fuck! The holiday sale is still ongoing but the two non-major-deal items I was looking at jumped back in price to their original non-sale price! The fuck kind of sale is that?!?

From the email:

"You're one of our three winners to get $100 GMG Credit when you purchased from GMG on the 31st December 2013!"

1/3.... I wonder what the actual odds of this were?

<3 GMG so much right now
Whoa, pretty awesome. Congrats!

What the fuck! The holiday sale is still ongoing but the two non-major-deal items I was looking at jumped back in price to their original non-sale price! The fuck kind of sale is that?!?
Unfortunately only the encores are active this time around, but it wasn't completely unseen as game pages had timers ticking down to today.

Karl2177

Shame that everything that had a holiday deal associated with it went back up to normal prices a day before they say the sale will be over.

Kiru

Nah the real holiday sale is over. Only encore sale right now.

Sullichin

Ok. But is it difficulty tofind out where you actually have to go or does every path lead to the same thing?
you'll find some areas have easier enemies than others- do those first. If you stumble upon, say, a graveyard of skeletons who are kicking your ass, go another way.

wazoo

now, machinarium

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Machinarium -- MB-A8EEC03A9C2459B2 - Taken by Kiru

Cth

I remember buying the hard cover guide for Dark Souls the week I was laid off.

I ended up renting a copy that weekend.. so glad someone graciously gifted me a copy during the sale so I can finally play it and put the guide to good use!

DJ_Lae

Shame that everything that had a holiday deal associated with it went back up to normal prices a day before they say the sale will be over.

Yeah, this annoyed me as I usually pick up a few random games on the last day depending on the daily deals.

This wasn't done the last few sales, was it?

Wok

Man, I crafted the sales badge five times and all I got was junk for games I do not and will not ever play. I really don't like that you get a random item from a random free to play game. You should at least be able to choose the game. I don't want War Thunder, Warframe or Spiral Knights shit, I'm never playing those games, ever.

I like how the dude with the highest Steam level has not gotten any of the most "precious" item drops from the Steam Snow Globes. His best dota 2 items are one "scythe of ice" and several "Steamcapes", out of 1500 item drops.

In a nutshell, do not craft badges for dota 2 items.

Eusis

Yeah, this annoyed me as I usually pick up a few random games on the last day depending on the daily deals.

This wasn't done the last few sales, was it?
Don't think so, but I was suspecting that if something you wanted didn't appearl on sale beforehand yesterday was probably the safest day to buy. Problem being that you also don't know if there'll be a relapse of deals or not.

Shadowgrounds
Shadowgrounds Survivor
Nation Red
Tidalis
BIT.TRIP.BEAT
Rochard
4 Elements
Slam Bolt Scrappers
Unstoppable Gorg
Bit.Trip.Void
Bit.Trip.Runner 2
Bit.Trip.Core
Rochard - Hard Times
The Journey Down
Stealth Bastard Deluxe - The Teleporter Chambers
BIT.TRIP FATE
Duke Nukem Manhatten Project
The Whispered World
Ultrabundle
VVVVVV
Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition DLC
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians
Super Hexagon
Trackmania Stadium
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
The Bridge
La-Mulana
Deponia
Electronic Super Joy

I like how the dude with the highest Steam level has not gotten any of the most "precious" item drops from the Steam Snow Globes. His best dota 2 items are one "scythe of ice" and several "Steamcapes", out of 1500 item drops.

So the dude with the highest steam level is a japanese gamer who loves west RPG's and his most played game is Rocksmith?

He must came from an alternate universe.

Hagi

Has anyone got spares of #4 and #8 of the snow globes? I really want to craft the badge before time runs out.

Spent quite a bit this sale, got a lot more in my backlog now.

DedValve

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Plain Sight -- MB-7E0CDEF2651732D4 - Taken by Mikurden
Doc Clock: Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-B2B50A8FB7183B2F - Taken by Mikurden
Blood of the Werewolf -- MB-D89DC457F3694044 - Taken by Nabs. 14 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-0710FB145D100636 - Taken by PixelHorror. 17 entrants total.
Snuggle Truck -- MB-E8167732EF8AE8AA - Taken by kudoboi. 3 entrants total.

t1388705742z1.png

All right guys my first giveaway so I hope this all ends well.

Also bought Don't Starve, what a marvelous little game. Made it 10 days on my first try. Now I'm stuck with basically $7.50 and my last purchase for the sale, do I get Skyrim or Civ V? So much confusion and torture :(

Do these games have a chance of showing up in the summer sale (when exactly is that btw?)

Meier

I am desperate to unload this Brazilian Football Manager '14 key I was saddled with. I'll take pretty much anything for it (price wise) or in trade. Jase mentioned you need a VPN to activate it but the game is now region free so there will not be any issues going forward. If anyone is interested, shoot me a message! I finally gave in and re-bought it.. was trying to wait until I'd sold this other one first but sick of waiting.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Do these games have a chance of showing up in the summer sale (when exactly is that btw?)
They are pretty much guaranteed to show up in the summer sale, but that will most likely be in July. Quite a long time from now!

Would you trade your Warframe junk for my Ragnarok Online 2 junk?

Sorry, sold them on the market, I'm a Penny-aire.

Holy shit. It goes up to 1000? And he got nothing? The RNG gods did not smile upon that poor bastard.

DedValve

Banned
They are pretty much guaranteed to show up in the summer sale, but that will most likely be in July. Quite a long time from now!

Imma flip some tables! I'll show restraint and not buy both. Here's hoping Skyrim Legendary edition is even cheaper than $20 come the summer sale.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Since I got some leftover cash, I'm picking up SRIV.
It has a shit-ton of DLC, which ones are worth getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom