• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wookieomg

one final giveaway! good luck friends :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-BD18FD71805B98D8 - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.

t1388695976z1.png

nbraun80

So I was thinking about diving into a Civ game for the first time and was thinking about Civ. 5, but what the hell is with all the Cradle of Civilization dlcs in the gold edition? Is it best just to get the gold edition?

So I was thinking about diving into a Civ game for the first time and was thinking about Civ. 5, but what the hell is with all the Cradle of Civilization dlcs in the gold edition? Is it best just to get the gold edition?

I've had a blast with Vanilla, and then Gods & Kings. It's a great Civ to start on though. I believe the Cradle DLC are mostly individual instance missions.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Almost ready to roll out a new version of Enhanced Steam. Possibly done tonight.

1f4Ke64.png

nbraun80

I've had a blast with Vanilla, and then Gods & Kings. It's a great Civ to start on though. I believe the Cradle DLC are mostly individual instance missions.

Yeah digging a little deeper into each pack it seems thats what they are, although the gold edition does come with Gods and Kings, so I might as well get that right now if i'm going to get it.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
After a fun discussion with Steam Support I got the Payday 2 wallpaper back, as well as a few other things I didn't know I had lost. So if anyone wants the Payday 2 background, just contact me on Steam. http://steamcommunity.com/id/kenofthedead/

Almost ready to roll out a new version of Enhanced Steam. Possibly done tonight.

1f4Ke64.png

Thank you for all the work you do, it really is appreciated for how much it eases things.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
They don't want Steam to be too good.

But seriously, I like that everything jshackles adds seems like a no-brainer, especially after using the client for something when you've been using Enhanced Steam for a while.

Thanks! I'll try to keep the good stuff coming. :)

I wonder if they make all new employees install Direct X their first day of work?

I'd be okay with that as long as it came with Steam Sub 61

huh? why are all the non daily sales gone? I thought today was the last day? Was I supposed to buy them last night? That's never happened before

the timer that has been counting down for the past 10 days was set to expire at store change over today. Only thing active right now are the encore deals and the dailies from yesterday.

Mattiator

Since steam threads is where the majority of my posts have been I thought I would make my first post as a member in here! Thanks everyone for the great advice and entertainment over the last few years. The steam community is one the reasons I convinced my wife to let me build a new PC ( which neogaf members helped me build) I now know the true meaning of backlog. You are all awesome and I look forward to the many years to come.

MRORANGE

Since steam threads is where the majority of my posts have been I thought I would make my first post as a member in here! Thanks everyone for the great advice and entertainment over the last few years. The steam community is one the reasons I convinced my wife to let me build a new PC ( which neogaf members helped me build) I now know the true meaning of backlog. You are all awesome and I look forward to the many years to come.

Welcome aboard the ship of empty wallets, huge backlogs and endless bundles :)

Thanks! I'll try to keep the good stuff coming. :)
Come to think of it, I probably shouldn't talk about you like you aren't here, huh? Keep up the good work!

Anyone else got ADD kicking in when trying to pick what to play after the sale? I shouldn't be mulling over this like I am, but... I am! Play them all for 10 minutes, yeah, that'll work.

Mattiator

Welcome aboard the ship of empty wallets, huge backlogs and endless bundles :)

Haha thanks :), ya I know it has begun when my friend went to purchase me something on the steam sale the last few days and told me he had trouble finding good games that I didn't have.

iosefe

Anyone else got ADD kicking in when trying to pick what to play after the sale? I shouldn't be mulling over this like I am, but... I am! Play them all for 10 minutes, yeah, that'll work.

i also feel that. I see the backlog, and think to my self "forget it, i'll just check GAF again"

derExperte

Some of the card prices are now rising, especially the foils are getting more expensive and I wonder if some don't realize they'll disappear. Too bad, thought about crafting a badge with those.

MRORANGE

Slow day, but the Steam Thread will be up when the sale ends and Steam GOTY results should come 24 hours later, here are some info on how the poll went:

ifL5w53oRNP3g.png

• Up to 5 games were allowed for each person to pick.
  • Each game was either awarded 1/2/3/4/5 points in descending order.
  • Games had to be from ‘2013, Early Access’ or games re-released during that year were also allowed.
  • The poll lasted for 10 days between 9th December to 19th December 2013.
  • Overall the poll turnout was: 166
  • The number of valid voters was: 165
  • Disqualified votes was: 1
  • 158 games were submitted.
  • The number of voters equated to 16.3% of the people who posted in the Steam 2013 VIII thread.
  • 6 voters did not post in the Steam 2013 VIII thread at all.
  • If a game was tied in points the 'average point score' (APS) determined who the winner was.
  • Modbot was banned from voting, due to the fact that he is a bot.

Come to think of it, I probably shouldn't talk about you like you aren't here, huh? Keep up the good work!

I'm kind of disappointed in myself, I've been trying to stick to the rule of only getting things that I have an immediate interest in playing, and while I was unfazed during the summer sale I went a little overboard this time around. That, and with the supreme generosity of friends and fellow GAF members, I've found myself in a bit of choice paralysis as to where I start, haha.

But of course, first things first. Idle for cards on eligible titles.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
As far as having a backlog goes, after I crossed the 150 games mark I started to approach my Steam library like this:

Expect this to become a regular thing.

EviLore said something a long time ago that I sort of agree with. It makes the most sense to treat Steam as a subscription service like Netflix. Every month you buy a couple of games for dirt cheap, pick up a few keys for free, buy a few indie bundles. The net result is $10-15 a month. A few sales a year, you pump in another $50. That gets you 100+ games a year. After a few initial sales where you need to catch up and build your library, that's the only investment you need. In return, you get every game you'd ever want to play--in exchange for maybe waiting a few months for a few of them. And the best part is, unlike other subscription services if you ever stop buying, all your old stuff stays around.

That's how I treat Steam. I don't try to buy games X, Y, or Z. I just give in a few times a month and buy all the indie bundles and in return I always have something to play including some really amazing games.

I've spent about $1600 on Steam including external games purchased and added to steam. I have something like 600 or 650 games. That's 2.50 a game, or something like $300 a year for all the games I'd ever want to play.

The way I look at it is not really buying games as much as buying variety.

I have a huge list of games, and I like that. I sort of treat it like Netflix for video games.

For a lot of the stuff, the games seem cool enough and they're cheap enough that for me it's worth paying the small price just to always have a huge library to choose from.

It's basically paying a price to have as few restrictions as possible. I like being able to play any game I want on a whim and for it to always be simply a download away.

I've got ~350 games. I haven't beaten most of them. I won't beat most of them. But I love being able to flip through and have a huge variety of options and have something to play for any mood.

And c'mon man, 75% off?! You gotta have it!!!

Valdis Story has nice graphics and music but I'm not crazy about the jumping. Its not nice and smooth like a Castlevania, Dust and other similar games. I'm getting used to it though.

zkylon

zkylewd
Slow day, but the Steam Thread will be up when the sale ends and Steam GOTY results should come 24 hours later, here are some info on how the poll went:

ifL5w53oRNP3g.png

• Up to 5 games were allowed for each person to pick.
  • Each game was either awarded 1/2/3/4/5 points in descending order.
  • Games had to be from ‘2013, Early Access’ or games re-released during that year were also allowed.
  • The poll lasted for 10 days between 9th December to 19th December 2013.
  • Overall the poll turnout was: 166
  • The number of valid voters was: 165
  • Disqualified votes was: 1
  • 158 games were submitted.
  • The number of voters equated to 16.3% of the people who posted in the Steam 2013 VIII thread.
  • 6 voters did not post in the Steam 2013 VIII thread at all.
  • If a game was tied in points the 'average point score' (APS) determined who the winner was.
  • Modbot was banned from voting, due to the fact that he is a bot.

the hell happened to your avatar

Gvaz

Banned
I'm trying to find something where a guy stacks boxes in deus ex hr and skips sections but I can't find anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom