• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

it will blow my mind if they include gone home, stanley parable and others indie contenders for best game of the year... most likely chivalry, dust, and don't starve.

-_-

Gone Home wouldn't surprise me, same goes for Gunpoint but Stanley feels a little too new and the current discount is only 40%.

Khronico

What the next Humble Bundle should be:

Minimum:
Spelunky
Gunpoint
Valdis Story

BTA:
Rogue Legacy
Papers, Please
Brothers

Pay more than X amount of dollars:
Stanley Parable

Coreda

So how does the licensing work on Steam if a game gets pulled? I've seen a number of them in this thread, do previous buyers get to keep them?

Zeliard

Man, Valdis is awesome. Love how skill-based it is. I just spent like 10 minutes beating a boss way underleveled/undergeared. The combat just feels great and is super responsive.

denx

Monaco, Chivalry, Don't Starve, Dust, Gunpoint and Shelter seem likely candidates for HIB X. The other stuff is too recent or hasn't had a deep enough price discount by this point, which means they are still selling well.

Shelter maybe not as likely since it has been in a lot of bundles already, but still.

Kiru

So how does the licensing work on Steam if a game gets pulled? I've seen a number of them in this thread, do previous buyers get to keep them?
As long as you bought them before they got removed you get to keep them. Library and inventory.

Anyone know off-hand which DLC didn't come with the Borderlands 2 Season Pass?

I don't know what I don't already own by way of that.

edit: never mind, figured out how to see which I have.

iosefe

i'm sorry i ever doubted you guys about Valdis. I only reached the first save point, but i can already feel it being great

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So what's the difference between the dude and the lady in Valdis? I chose her because it said advanced

DarkKyo

I have around 10 bucks left in my steam wallet and I'm thinking about picking up either CS:GO + Civ V or CS:GO + Dishonored. Haven't played either choices but I've heard both are good. Which will last me longer? Any opinions on what would be the better buy from those who have played either/both?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I have around 10 bucks left in my steam wallet and I'm thinking about picking up either CS:GO + Civ V or CS:GO + Dishonored. Haven't played either choices but I've heard both are good. Which will last me longer? Any opinions on what would be the better buy from those who have played either/both?

Civ V will last you until the end of time.

MRORANGE

CS:GO + Civ V will last longer.

I forgot to add the Lightning raffle part to my giveaway, so get ready for a free for all insta-key giveaway in about 10 minutes. It's mostly bundle extras, but there's some cool stuff in there.

See you in 10!

Civ 5 cuz it's full of replay values.

MRORANGE

I always get so confused when people change their avatars. >_<

Haha, I've only had about 4 avatars, had a .GIF avatar, but they became banned on NeoGaf, switched the to the classic MRORANGE avatar and only changed it due to RPJ 2013 and 2014.

Video games are cool. FYI you're missing 'Chainz 2', derExperte. *shrug*

Free for all! No timer! No raffle! Act now!

Modbot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Doc Clock: Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-0B7198FDDE58C779 - Taken by NotSelf
Snuggle Truck -- MB-68BEF94E5D833609 - Taken by Nabs
Plain Sight -- MB-D016ABCCC503C602 - Taken by topyy
eXceed Gun Bullet Children -- MB-3D2C308781F84E96 - Taken by Umi88
Zeno Clash -- MB-5903A1B548F24699 - Taken by Prodigal
Dwarfs!? -- MB-86CADE097654751A - Taken by Thezez
Chainz 2: Relinked -- MB-F73C360F45C82738 - Taken by Brazil
And Yet It Moves -- MB-601145358BADC18A - Taken by akskiller
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-3D16F54137D8D410 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
Free for all! No timer! No raffle! Act now!

Platy

Ok ... I am sending support messages, twitter messages, facebook messages ...

I am REALLY pissed about the lack of non daily deal sales one day before the sale end.

THIS MAKES NO SENSE

My cart had like 4 games ... ='(

The_Monk

Haha, I've only had about 4 avatars, had a .GIF avatar, but they became banned on NeoGaf, switched the to the classic MRORANGE avatar and only changed it due to RPJ 2013 and 2014.

I skipped this year since I'm mostly on the gaming side these days. I also need a new haircut for 2014. :p

Finall guys, I can download more games and play them :D

3203979259.png

Ok ... I am sending support messages, twitter messages, facebook messages ...

I am REALLY pissed about the lack of non daily deal sales one day before the sale end.

THIS MAKES NO SENSE

My cart had like 4 games ... ='(

I feel the same. :( I held off buying many games in case they were discounted further, with the intent of buying them on the last day if they weren't, but instead everything has returned to the original price.

I'll make sure to enter in the lightning raffle stuff next time. I just figured I should get this giveaway out, rather than ask Modbot to nuke all of the keys and start over, given the heavy use in the past few days. Have fun to those who grabbed some games!

Nabs

Not having any fun with Blood of the Werewolf. Oh well, that's what modbot is for!

Thanks for Smuggletruck, Buttonbasher.

koolaroo

I swear I'm going to beat Spelunky some day apparently just not in the first 75 hours. Plus the 24ish hours I've played co-op at my friends place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom