• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

With some Ubi games it's actually theoretically possible to buy them twice because of the standard and deluxe CD key "DLC" that is packaged with the respective subs, but as long as Steam knows to ignore it when running a check there won't be any trouble and thus far I believe Ubi has been on the ball in that regard. You can purchase multiple editions of Dragon Age for the same reason:

daafterllo19.jpg
I recall screwing up because they had the CE for offer, AND a CE upgrade, and I bought both. Maybe they sorted it out afterwards though, at least for newer games.
One of the requirements for being in the main series of Humble Bundles is Windows/Mac/Linux compatibility, so it would be really strange to have a Mac-themed one.

If it is a proper numbered Bundle it will be cross all platforms and have a Mac version.

EDIT: thread is still fast.
Ah, whoops. Was thinking the main thing was DRM free then perhaps a Linux version, not all three for sure. My bad!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I recall screwing up because they had the CE for offer, AND a CE upgrade, and I bought both. Maybe they sorted it out afterwards though, at least for newer games.

Ah, yeah, Far Cry 3 is the same -- I bought the DDE and later the DDE upgrade (fine by me, though).

Davidion

Thanks for BotW, DedValve!

I know I posted just the link, but things get lost quickly, esp. when there's no amazing gif to go along with it.

prt_856x400_1360982738.gif

After watching a 30 min. video of this being played at a tournament (with crowd), I am so... so sold on this. It is going to be amazing.

HO, LEE, SHIT

Nidhogg is, seriously, one of the best 1v1 video games of all time.

JaseC

Must be regional? Doesn't even show on store for me.

Anno 1404 no longer has a store page, but Discovery's has endured for some reason.

Edit: They're both still up. For some reason Ubi decided to lump in Australia with North America even though the game released at retail here as Anno 1404.

Hell yes, HIB10. Just take my wallet now Humble. I didn't buy a ton of popular indie games this past sale because I just knew this thing was coming soon-ish after they skipped december for the first time in the history of HIBs. It's likely to be a great one.

Oh boy, I hope some big names like Spelunky, La Mulana or Guacamelee are included.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Has the list of Amazon games going on sale tomorrow grown? The last list I remember was filled with EA games.

Darkroronoa

Spelunky, the stanely parable, papers please, gone home, monaco, brothers, the swapper,
bastion

Is this likely?

I doubt because i dont have any of these (except bastion) #toogoodtobetrue

It bet it will include Rogue Legacy,La-mulana,dust an elysian tail and gunpoint ,the games i bought this sale :|

RS4-

I've got three spare cards:

2 x #1
1 x #2

Looking for 3-4, 6-9. PM me with your steam name if you're looking for them.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I suspect a lot of folks here will have most of the titles in HIB X already... but let's hope it's a wonderful one for those who don't.

Yeah no doubt. I will give them away like always. Or hold onto to them for the next sale.

denx

I want to freeze myself until Tuesday for HIB X.

I don't know what to do until then. Maybe I should stare at my library in grid view now that I got a fuckton of games this sale? I'm even considering *gasp* playing games.

What things have come to.

Tagg9

Anyone know where I can find Left 4 Dead 2 cheap? I totally missed the free giveaway, and I feel excluded now all my friends are playing it...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dawn of discovery and Anno, I'll believe it when they are in my library :(

nbraun80

I think I'm done for the winter sale, spent about $100 between myself and giveaways. Thanks everyone for awesome threads, this was my first steam sale and I look forward to many more with you all. :)

On another note, I posted in the "I need a new PC" thread but they seem a bit preoccupied in there so if anyone has a decent understanding about upgrading a PC and such, you should pm me and I can tell you what my situation is. :)

Altazor

Well I just fucked myself over. Can't use the community market right now since I added funds via a Visa gift card and you have to wait 7 days or some such for "security purposes".

I mean I get it I guess, but it completely blows. Guess I just have to sell my last cards instead of buying the ones I need to craft a second level badge.

Edit: Shit, can't even sell my last cards either.

WELP

same shit happened to me last week. It definitely sucks - I wouldn't mind if it were like, a couple of days... but no, it's a week. And apparently you cannot even TRADE stuff. So yeah, I feel your pain! :(

Grief.exe

I want to freeze myself until Tuesday for HIB X.

I don't know what to do until then. Maybe I should stare at my library in grid view now that I got a fuckton of games this sale? I'm even considering *gasp* playing games.

What things have come to.

And then refreeze until Thursday for MGR.

Eusis

Spelunky, the stanely parable, papers please, gone home, monaco, brothers, the swapper,
bastion

Is this likely?
Have a feeling most of those are too new and too expensive, though Stanley Parable's there I'll definitely buy. Plus who knows if they even are planning LInux/Macintosh versions for some of those, I can see Stanley Parable telling you to come back later for Linux, but Brothers?

Artofwar420

Sweet! Crafted the badge for the second time, but didn't get any F2P items. What gives, what gives. At least I can forget about cards, yay!

Who am I kidding, I'm hooked.

derExperte

...runner 2 is not with a discount ???

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY LOVELY 80%+ ?????

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95582128&postcount=3911

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95582449&postcount=3921

Anyone know where I can find Left 4 Dead 2 cheap? I totally missed the free giveaway, and I feel excluded now all my friends are playing it...

Maybe some Russian resellers but it wasn't even discounted while it wasn't free. I think you're out of luck.

JaseC

Just added anno and the expansion to my wishlist on the app but dawn doesn't work yet for me

Any word on a anno+xpac bundle or prices?

As per GMG, Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery Gold will be $19.99 when it returns.

Edit: D'oh, I was supposed to edit this into my previous post.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Huh, I just realized, how come Who Wants to be a Millionaire didn't get a flash? How come there's no "complete" edition? How come the South Park version isn't there anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom