• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger X

Ok I am happy to see everything is down and that its not just me.
I mean wow, we are so "online dependant" these days. That's actually scary.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I just sent Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome version 5.6 to Google. If you already have Enhanced Steam installed, the update will apply automatically within the next 60 minutes. If you don't already have Enhanced Steam, you can download it here. Changes include:

• Added ability to add a custom amount to your Steam wallet
  • Added checkboxes to DLC list on app pages, letting you select certain DLC and add to cart easily
  • Added sort option to badge page to sort by number of card drops remaining
  • Added card prices to market links on badge pages
  • Added "cost to complete badge" to unobtained badges
  • Added option to display advanced navigation on inventory pages
  • Added foil badge and foil badge progress to app pages
  • Updated Early Access banner graphics (thanks SolventSnake!)
  • Removed function to add all ownowned DLC to cart on app pages due to conflicts with new feature
As always, if anyone has any questions / comments / issues, please let me know.

This sounds awesome, going to have to give it a try later.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Exactly this. Almost no one has even heard of this game. Soon as I gave it to them and showed them stuff about it they got hype :D

Steam sales are always a great excuse to grab some extra copies of awesome games for friends that may be less inclined to buy those games on their own.

I started FF7 for the first time before the sale and now I have all these games I want to play but can't until I beat it. I feel like I probably have 50 hours to go too argh. Not to say I want to stop with FF, it's just at my rate, I wont be playing a new game until February.

Coldsun

Banned
I just sent Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome version 5.6 to Google. If you already have Enhanced Steam installed, the update will apply automatically within the next 60 minutes. If you don't already have Enhanced Steam, you can download it here. Changes include:

• Added ability to add a custom amount to your Steam wallet
  • Added checkboxes to DLC list on app pages, letting you select certain DLC and add to cart easily
  • Added sort option to badge page to sort by number of card drops remaining
  • Added card prices to market links on badge pages
  • Added "cost to complete badge" to unobtained badges
  • Added option to display advanced navigation on inventory pages
  • Added foil badge and foil badge progress to app pages
  • Updated Early Access banner graphics (thanks SolventSnake!)
  • Removed function to add all ownowned DLC to cart on app pages due to conflicts with new feature
As always, if anyone has any questions / comments / issues, please let me know.

Are you still pushing out updates for the Firefox extension as well?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I started FF7 for the first time before the sale and now I have all these games I want to play but can't until I beat it. I feel like I probably have 50 hours to go too argh. Not to say I want to stop with FF, it's just at my rate, I wont be playing a new game until February.

Don't rush it. Relish your first FF7 playthrough. It's actually not that long of a FF game from start to finish, depending on how much of a completionist you are.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Globe cards Price increased in steam market with .05 cents
now avg. price are .20 cents

jpx1.jpg

That's what happens when people can't list new ones. Everybody buys up the cheaper ones. Wait for the market to correct itself so people can list new ones. If you're buying, wait. If you're selling, you have to wait.

Just beat Remember Me. Overall I really enjoyed the game, it was a lot better than I expected. In fact I probably wouldn't have felted burned if I bought it at launch for full price. The world that was built for Remember Me is amazing, I love it. I don't think I've been that compelled to take as many screenshots as I did in a very long time. I think the God Hand-lite combat system is actually pretty decent, it's just a bit too limited with the number of editable combos and it takes too long to dole out the combo types. There were a couple of annoying arenas, some lame boss battles and obtuse bits but overall it was enjoyable. I could see playing through it again. Maybe on the hard and to collect all of the kick knacks or just to wander through that world again.

How does one take game save data from one pc to another? Is there a certain folder in the steam folder I should be copying over?

Some actually use MyGames in the MyDocuments Directory but most just spam MyDocuments.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Man, I guess I'll just have to hope that Steam's back up in the morning, so I can change the prices of some of my cards on the market before they go poof.

Don't rush it. Relish your first FF7 playthrough. It's actually not that long of a FF game from start to finish, depending on how much of a completionist you are.

I just got to the
carnival area looking for Mr Sephiroth...does it even need a spoiler? Better to be safe I suppose
, how much more am I looking at? I'm not going to rush, but yeah, I'm ok with not seeing every little part of the game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I just got to the
carnival area looking for Mr Sephiroth...does it even need a spoiler? Better to be safe I suppose
, how much more am I looking at? I'm not going to rush, but yeah, I'm ok with not seeing every little part of the game.

The Golden Saucer?
You've still got a ways to go, actually. You're maybe a 1/4 or 1/3 through the game, depending again on what characters you've recruited and what side quests you opt to do.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
With Steam and Origin down, I was wondering... What do we have left, Uplay and *gulp* GFWL?

http://www.desura.com/

Which isn't talked about much, but I tend to believe that's because it doesn't do anything really wrong, while not actually doing anything different from other services, rather than being a knock against it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Once those services go down we are back to storing games on these bad boys:

zUF0Aps.jpg

This reminds me of my floppy music thread.
Whoa, that thread is amazing! Loving the Doom E1M1 tune and Ghostbusters theme, they sound great.

http://www.desura.com/

Which isn't talked about much, but I tend to believe that's because it doesn't do anything really wrong, while not actually doing anything different from other services, rather than being a knock against it.
You're right. I have several games on Desura from various bundles, which I never remember I own. In fact, I don't even know what games do I have on my account there.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Are you still pushing out updates for the Firefox extension as well?

I'm still making updates to Firefox, but Mozilla has rejected the last two updates I've sent them. Their rejections have taken about 2-3 weeks each, meaning it's been over a month since the last Firefox version.

But now that the newest Chrome version has been released, I'm going to focus on bringing the features I can from this version into Firefox and hoping for Mozilla's blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom