• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec

Interesting, will keep an eye on it, rarely seen anyone talk about this game :eek:

Ya they did poorly.

I only played them because my mother saw the first game and blind bought it from a Staples, knowing I like fantasy, when it came out.

Staples is an office supply store that stocks like 6 PC games lol.

The game is great, but the developer is dead to us (free to play stuff now) and the steam version is not patched correctly. still, one great game.

Not their choice. They went bankrupt and were bought by another company.

dani_dc

This is were i spend my new year it was great first time playing Ys wasn't expecting such an old game to be fun really enjoying the art work the music is some times a bit cheesy but starts to grow on you after a while going to be playing some more today.

Happy new year guys:)

F91D852847B61EC54D0758C97CFB798D247B786B

Happy to see people enjoying Ys Chronicles, played it for the first time a few months ago last year, and found them to be really fun games. Second one especially.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
every sale I feel like buying Mount & Blade collection, fully aware that I will never play any of them, just, as a PC gamer, I feel like I should own them >_<

what the fuck is wrong with me

every sale I feel like buying Mount & Blade collection, fully aware that I will never play any of them, just, as a PC gamer, I feel like I should own them >_<

what the fuck is wrong with me

Warband is great. It's capable of some really amazing gaming moments - riding into battle wearing a War Mask and watching your troops run wild on the enemy, storming forts solo, the player character always going "very good", no matter what the news is, getting married and beating the shit out of other suitors to win a lady's hand, etc.

So good.

Zafir

Repost for the new thread -

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bastion -- MB-14EDF97286618016 - Taken by ToastyBanana. 11 entrants total.
FTL -- MB-2BD33B8FE9B77FA0 - Taken by Luap. 19 entrants total.
Limbo -- MB-72CDA4697A90D51E - Taken by HowardRoark. 13 entrants total.

t1388613421z1.png

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
My first giveaway of 2014 should be something special, I thought to myself.
And what's not better to give then a game which made me personally grow in love with adventure games and is one of the reasons videogames are my hobby.
Absolutely love this game. Especially the last three episodes. :)

Exploring the office in every episode might be a bit repetitive for some players, but there's so much different hidden stuff in every episode's version of the place. Otherwise, play one every month. They take about four hours each.
Brilliant soundtrack, too.

Anyhow, have fun, good luck and once again: happy newyear!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sam and Max: Save the World -- MB-C13003ECC6F198C0 - Taken by Pakkidis. 37 entrants total.

t1388597089z1.png
EDIT: Like said below, this is the first season, to clear up any possible confussion.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My first giveaway of 2014 should be something special, I thought to myself.
And what's not better to give then a game which made me personally grow in love with adventure games and is one of the reasons videogames are my hobby.
Absolutely love this game. Especially the last three episodes. :)

Exploring the office in every episode might be a bit repetitive for some players, but there's so much different hidden stuff in every episode's version of the place. Otherwise, play one every month. They take about four hours each.
Brilliant soundtrack, too.

Anyhow, have fun, good luck and once again: happy newyear!

this is Sam & Max Season 1 btw, since I think few people know it as "Save the World"

Volcynika

Reposting my giveaway from last night for the morning crew. Only 12 hours until it's over!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

header_292x136.jpg

Ys Chronicles I&II Plus #1 -- MB-7F20E4E5261E3974
Ys Chronicles I&II Plus #2 -- MB-9C8D322695094491
Ys Chronicles I&II Plus #3 -- MB-7D01DD460BCE6A02
Ys Chronicles I&II Plus #4 -- MB-745208D42F4C8C17

header_292x136.jpg

Ys: The Oath in Felghana #1 -- MB-3F1107462934404D
Ys: The Oath in Felghana #2 -- MB-8A878BE8B0910BFB
Ys: The Oath in Felghana #3 -- MB-3FE4AFFB9B9F89D6
Ys: The Oath in Felghana #4 -- MB-57C7BCD6E0BFAA00

header_292x136.jpg

Ys Origin #1 -- MB-A60687817F575470
Ys Origin #2 -- MB-9BA2EABD19D869E5
Ys Origin #3 -- MB-C83E161B65B6873C
Ys Origin #4 -- MB-9578DFA6BF3060FD

t1388633222z1.png

Asharakk

Been playing about 15 hours of AC 4: Black Flag and I have to say its awesome. The sensation of freedom when sailing across the sea is great!

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
this is Sam & Max Season 1 btw, since I think few people know it as "Save the World"
Oh, yes. Sorry about the possible confusion. Forgot to add that.

MrDaravon

Reposting my giveaway from last night for the morning crew. Only 12 hours until it's over!

Holy fuck that giveaway :O

I have a fairly shit PC so I usually refrain from entering too many raffles here, and only for cheap games that I really want, but entered for these. I have Origin but missed/didn't have the money for the other two yesterday.

Eanan

Does anyone here know if the CD key in the physical box of "007 Legends" activates on steam, as its not on the list on the steam website, but saw a couple people say it did work for them on various forums.

Anyone here tried it?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm, thanks for answering! Seems like it won't be fun if I just want to play on my own. I even found it strange because JaseC have put around 8 hours in this game, it looked suspicious! :p

Haha, I think I accidentally left it open when idling for cards.

Does anyone here know if the CD key in the physical box of "007 Legends" activates on steam, as its not on the list on the steam website, but saw a couple people say it did work for them on various forums.

Anyone here tried it?

It does. You also get the Skyfall DLC.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Zafir, thanks for that giveaway. I had no idea about Limbo or Bastion, checked them out, and they look really interesting. So if I don't win, no problem, I've added them to my wishlist. I really like the artwork in Bastion.

Been playing about 15 hours of AC 4: Black Flag and I have to say its awesome. The sensation of freedom when sailing across the sea is great!

It's really fantastic. I wish it were a fuller fleshed out pirate game but it's close. I enjoyed it a ton, despite hating AC games.

fokkusu

Anyone here tried it?

JaseC mentioned about it few pages back.

Coppanuva

To ring in the New Year I'm giving away a copy of Cthulu Saves the World and Breath of Death 7 I've had for a while. They're fun JRPG-styled games by Zeboyd, feel free to enter for both if you want.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Cthulu Saves the World- -- MB-F27E4D47F41B2291
Breath of Death 7- -- MB-91DBDA317ABA3704

t1388598529z1.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Let's see if this works:

OH MY GOD SEKS IF HAVING A FIRE...GIVEAWAY! Last chance of getting snowglobes to make badges for free! No trading needed! Anyone that doesn't claim these by the end of today means I'll probably put them on the market for a desperate bid of getting money off them.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Snow Globe #3/2 -- MB-8F1B93FC6D63A5F2 - Taken by ZeroCoin. 19 entrants total.
Snow Globe #7 -- MB-1E74D0849846B251 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Polishin8r. 14 entrants total.
Snow Globe #5 -- MB-3E9767E7E33AD45B - Taken by Boss Doggie. 16 entrants total.
Snow Globe #3 -- MB-F9E022730DC1141D - Taken by woo and indeed hoo. 13 entrants total.

t1388598619z1.png

Arthea

Let's see if this works:

OH MY GOD SEKS IF HAVING A FIRE...GIVEAWAY! Last chance of getting snowglobes to make badges for free! No trading needed! Anyone that doesn't claim these by the end of today means I'll probably put them on the market for a desperate bid of getting money off them.

OH MY GOD...ENTERED!

edited: I shouldn't have, I know, but it's snow globes we are talking about!

JaseC

OH MY GOD...ENTERED!

edited: I shouldn't have, I know, but it's snow globes we are talking about!

If I hadn't just finished levelling up my sale badges I probably would have entered to save myself a little bit of money. (I also bought most of the promo items I needed, up to but not including the "precious" ones.) Come to think of it, I still haven't entered a giveaway even though I've given out over 600 keys*. Somebody do one for Barbie's Dreamhouse Party or something. ;)

* By my count. Hopefully I didn't forget to carry the one. ;)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Seriously, Valve? The first Foil drop I get is a card that's going to disappear tomorrow?

I guess at least it's selling for a couple bucks. Before I put it on the market, is anybody here trying to make a whole set of foils and need #7, you crazy people?

JaseC

Seriously, Valve? The first Foil drop I get is a card that's going to disappear tomorrow?

I guess at least it's selling for a couple bucks. Before I put it on the market, is anybody here trying to make a whole set of foils, you crazy people?

Oh bloody hell, my timing is the worst.

chixdiggit

I am one to at least try all my games and not just let them idle for cards. Saying that, Postal 2 is beyond terrible, it's Bad Rats terrible.

Tizoc

So started playing Castle of Illusion. Game looks great and the art style has been treated just right with the transfer to 3D. But then I'd tried it in 3D Vision.... It's Glorious!!! Everything pops out the screen without having to alter the convergence at all plus the added depth to the characters and more over the stages really takes this game to another level in regards to aesthetics. Don't think it sold very well though as after just the first 3 stages I'm 8,000d in the world on the leaderboards. Though it seams to have some massive performance issues in 3d (1st boss fight my fps dropped to 45 on a 780!!!) but it's not officially supported.

I'm half tempted to pick up Duck Tails if it pops up again cheapish (though I'd rather a Quackshot port was in the works but beggars can't be choosy).
2 of The Cheevo/Trophy names in CoI HD are Quackshot and World of Illusion. The latter game is my childhood and I'd settle for an M2 port of it if not a remake in the same vein as this game.

Rhaknar

GMG is really scrapping the bottom of the barrel now, most of the new deals are either shit or not steam keys. Put a fork on this whole sale season, for it is DONE.

BibiMaghoo

I picked up the Game Maker Studio Pro last night - was drunk, and wanted to sleep so didn't spend much time thinking about it.

I go to take a look and it takes me a few minutes to find it as its not listed under games, and this is the first software I have purchased on Steam. I notice it has achievements, so go take a look at the list...

And it says I do not own the game :(

wtf?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Fuck steam for disabling trade when you turn off steam guard for a moment though :mad:

I have so many spares but can't sell or trade them!

All I need is 4 and 5 too :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom