• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I personally didn't enjoy it very much, but I also feel the combat was by FAR Infinite's biggest problem. Just got too boring.

I think you're confusing Columbia's Finest with Clash in the Clouds. The former is just some in-game items.

Edit: Oh, and no, the pack isn't game-breaking. 500 BioBucks and 5 lockpicks aren't much, the gear upgrades aren't as good as they may sound, and the weapons aren't overly powerful.

Volcynika

I picked up the Game Maker Studio Pro last night - was drunk, and wanted to sleep so didn't spend much time thinking about it.

I go to take a look and it takes me a few minutes to find it as its not listed under games, and this is the first software I have purchased on Steam. I notice it has achievements, so go take a look at the list...

And it says I do not own the game :(

wtf?

If you have the receipt, contact Valve support.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I picked up the Game Maker Studio Pro last night - was drunk, and wanted to sleep so didn't spend much time thinking about it.

I go to take a look and it takes me a few minutes to find it as its not listed under games, and this is the first software I have purchased on Steam. I notice it has achievements, so go take a look at the list...

And it says I do not own the game :(

wtf?

Studio Pro is listed as DLC for Studio, which is Free on Steam. Is that the problem? Maybe you just need to go to the Studio page and download that. I've never tried to buy DLC without having the base game first so I don't know if your order just couldn't go through.

edit:

Yeah, an emailed one. I can run the software fine, but it doesn't recognise I own the game for the achievements. I can't even read what they are lol.

Oh that's really weird. I don't have the Steam version of GameMaker so I have no idea what is up with the achievements.

BibiMaghoo

If you have the receipt, contact Valve support.

Yeah, an emailed one. I can run the software fine, but it doesn't recognise I own the game for the achievements. I can't even read what they are lol.

Studio Pro is listed as DLC for Studio, which is Free on Steam. Is that the problem? Maybe you just need to go to the Studio page and download that. I've never tried to buy DLC without having the base game first so I don't know if your order just couldn't go through.

I downloaded the 'free' base game last night before purchase, so it shouldn't be that either. If I go to the store page it just says 'play' rather than 'you already own this game' which I see in other places.

Volcynika

I know some people may not be into Ys (heathens that you are :p) So here's a small giveaway for people to also participate in. But if you win something from this, you won't win an Ys game!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

BioShock Infinite Season Pass #1 -- MB-2B8936144F63ED2D
BioShock Infinite Season Pass #2 -- MB-304D031076960D7C
BioShock Infinite Season Pass #3 -- MB-FCE12F612E170B77

t1388600689z1.png

I think you're confusing Columbia's Finest with Clash in the Clouds. The former is just some in-game items.

Edit: Oh, and no, the pack isn't game-breaking. 500 BioBucks and 5 lockpicks aren't much, the gear upgrades aren't as good as they may sound, and the weapons aren't overly powerful.

Yup. Sorry, I finished a 14 hour shift at work, still dead. Still didn't care for Clash. Burial at Sea was alright though.

Ok, seems kinda worthless though.

drgambit

Banned
I know some people may not be into Ys (heathens that you are :p) So here's a small giveaway for people to also participate in. But if you win something from this, you won't win an Ys game!

I will probably come off as some sort of idiot, but for 20+ years I have been pronouncing the Ys series as 'whys'. Is that the correct punctuation?

Thanks for the giveaway, Volcynika! I put myself in for the 2 latter Ys games.

Has anyone gotten any card booster packs during the sale? I figured with all the badges being made I would get at least one, but nope. I remember getting 3 or 4 during the summer sale.

Volcynika

I will probably come off as some sort of idiot, but for 20+ years I have been pronouncing the Ys series as 'whys'. Is that the correct punctuation?

Closer to "fleece" like "eece."

JaseC

I downloaded the 'free' base game last night before purchase, so it shouldn't be that either. If I go to the store page it just says 'play' rather than 'you already own this game' which I see in other places.

The page is saying you don't own the game because it's technically true -- it doesn't use the free licence system (like L4D2 did) so it's not tethered to your account. If you look at the achievements page for any F2P game, in your library or otherwise, you'll see the same thing (edit: unless you have playtime).

wazoo

Not patched? Can you elaborate?

steam version is one of the games on steam (there is a list) which is not patched to the last patch. retail versions are ok, and badly the retail patch is not compatible with the steam version. check the forums if you need more details.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

sounds more like EEEs (fleece, sneeze, etc)

Dr Dogg

2 of The Cheevo/Trophy names in CoI HD are Quackshot and World of Illusion. The latter game is my childhood and I'd settle for an M2 port of it if not a remake in the same vein as this game.

Well I've been getting very misty eyed plodding through. Certainly don't make me like they used to, even with a big dollop of nostalgia it's still a blast.

With the sale ending soon, I need help in crafting one more badge then I'll sell of my cards.
Need:
Snow Globes #2 and #4

Can trade:
SG #3, or #6, or #7, OR #9, or #10

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tizoc789/

I can do you a #4 for #6. Your not on so sent you an offer.

So I woke up this morning, saw the flash sales, and then watched Farming Simulator quick looks and read GAF threads about it for something like half an hour, still trying to decide if I really wanted it.

Then I realized that for the same price I could own XCOM: Enemy Within instead. (I know it was slightly cheaper at GMG at one point, but oh well.) Now I feel dumb for wasting half an hour.

EDIT: Um, also I missed that Enemy Within is currently $9.99 at Amazon.com? So this sudden change of heart has been EXTRA productive. Sorry, snow globes!

BibiMaghoo

The page is saying you don't own the game because it's technically true -- it doesn't use the free licence system (like L4D2 did) so it's not tethered to your account. If you look at the achievements page for any F2P game, in your library or otherwise, you'll see the same thing.

Ah, ok. Does this mean the achievements will still work then? I'd rather not have to log a ticket. It's not the end of the world either way as I can use the software.

Ezalc

Accidentally ordered the same game twice from Amazon. It's a download title. Is there any way to get my money back or am I stuck with this other copy now? :/

Dec

Accidentally ordered the same game twice from Amazon. It's a download title. Is there any way to get my money back or am I stuck with this other copy now? :/

Try emailing support. Good chance of getting a refund I'd guess.

JaseC

Ah, ok. Does this mean the achievements will still work then? I'd rather not have to log a ticket. It's not the end of the world either way as I can use the software.

The achievements will still work. I think the line disappears when you've got playtime; for example, I "don't own" Warframe but the line isn't present when looking at the achievements page for Battle for Graxia.

Tizoc

Well I've been getting very misty eyed plodding through. Certainly don't make me like they used to, even with a big dollop of nostalgia it's still a blast.

I can do you a #4 for #6. Your not on so sent you an offer.

Trade done, keep refreshing ur inventory and u should see #6 in there =) Thanks mate.

Gurrry

Any thoughts on Desktop Dungeons? Kind of looks fun but not as cheap as I would like it.

Its really good. It gets somewhat repetitive after awhile, but if you enjoy tactical strategy and unlocking things like classes and weapons, it will be worth the money.

Id still maybe wait for a sale.. but at this point, it doesnt look as though we are going to get one.

Im about to pull the trigger on bioshock infinite.. but.. idk. I just have so many games to play.

edit: DERP. Just saw that dungeons is on sale. Id say for that price, its absolutely worth it.

Asharakk

How does it run for you?

All in all it runs pretty poorly but I managed to get around 60fps at 1080p with rather high settings. The kicker is to enable variable vsync in Nvidia Control Panel and such since the game absolutely cannot keep a steady framerate.

Danielsan

I don't know why people had such a problem with the combat in Bioshock Infinite. I found it a lot of fun.
I was playing on hard and it got extremely tedious near the end of the game. Just waves and waves of enemies. Simply completely unenjoyable. I actually switched the difficulty to normal for the final minutes of the game. I think the combat in and of itself is enjoyable, there was just too much of it with some bad combat scenarios thrown in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom