• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Did progress to next card reset with the new year? That would seem real dumb. I was 2/3 of the way to my next one and now I'm at exactly 0.

Hmmm...sell snow globe foil or craft a foil badge.
I kinda want that badge.

I have a #7 if you decide to go toward the badge.

Xenonauts is faithful to the 1994 games, but not to a fault. It's not afraid to break free from 94 UFO when it makes sense to do so, but the game always leans towards emergent behaviors and indeterminism when it can do so without being inbalanced or cumbersome to the player.

I still believe that modded 2012 EU is the best XCOM game ever made-it . Xenonauts will be out later in 2013, and I expect great things out of it. The Early Access beta and kickstarter beta access has been a huge help for the game already.

edit: I had a lot of fun with EW as well, but that's mostly because they upped the diffuculty (sorely needed, even on impossible). They largely succeeded in inverting the difficultly curve in the game now as well-you generally do NOT want to drag games out now due to late game alien buffs. Way too risky.

:eek: There are mods for EU? I did some googling on this the other day since I am currently re-playing EU and the internet told me that EU Mods are practically non existent! :/

If you could point me in the right direction to swot up on these I would be most grateful :).

Hey, I love JaseC , but the whole Scorsese Romulan obsession thing is creepy, right? ;)

Oh yes, very. JaseC is so loveable though that it makes it bearable.

Wow I won FTL, thanks a bunch Jame Retief!!! I've looked at FTL during every flash/daily since the Summer sale but never quite pulled the trigger. Thanks!

Install it.
Play it.
Love it.

:D

Did anyone notice that Derrick got himself banned again? ;

I am very disappointed that you did not see my post about this yesterday sah! >:|

What's the point of you stalking me if you don't read all my posts ITT! smh

That is after I re-named one of my brave little XCOM soldiers to JaseC Romulan too! I even tried to make her look vaguely like you [your one true love except she doesn't know it yet].

She's dead now though. They all are. I deleted all my XCOM EU game saves from all my playthroughs in a fit of nerd rage at about 3 am earlier. Apparently starting a new playthrough on Ironman where the game takes a right mouse click not as a cancel action instruction but a run out into the open and get yourself killed action is prone to do that >:|.

Aww shit... I'm really tired and I accidentally re-entered a few raffles I already made an entry for. Does that disqualify me? Maaaaan... I should go to bed

I believe ModBot accepts the first entry and ignores the duplicates.

You must be new here.

I don't add games that I have no desire to play [I gift them away] but I still have an overbearing backlog :/.

I'm beating my head against LLTQ. This is like FTL all over again.

Oh you lucky, lucky thing! :)

Hanzou

Ooh desktop dungeons is on sale. I have bought so many games already I am really not sure if I want to spend 7.50 on it. Possibly by the time I get to it, it could be on sale for cheaper. Hmmmm

Anyone have impressions of the full version of it? I remember playing the demo or alpha version years ago and really liked it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh yes, very. JaseC is so loveable though that it makes it bearable.

Haha. <3

I am very disappointed that you did not see my post about this yesterday sah! >:|

What's the point of you stalking me if you don't read all my posts ITT! smh

I did look back to see if it had been mentioned. I must have missed your post!

That is after I re-named one of my brave little XCOM soldiers to JaseC Romulan too! I even tried to make her look vaguely like you [your one true love except she doesn't know it yet].

She's dead now though.
They all are. I deleted all my XCOM EU game saves from all my playthroughs in a fit of nerd rage at about 3 am earlier. Apparently starting a new playthrough on Ironman where the game takes a right mouse click not as a cancel action instruction but a run out into the open and get yourself killed action is prone to do that >:|.

You sent her to die, didn't you?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is this actually any decent? Relatively cheap and I DO like action games...

There is no incest, I was lied to by a gaffer!

Jokes aside, Im playing it atm, im digging it, but I like these janky semi-indie, eastern-block feeling games. It feels very much in the line of Orcs and Men, First Templar, Cursed Crusade, Mars War Logs etc.

Seems completely mediocre and completely ok at the same time, if you know what I mean. Like a B movie but for games... a B game :)

Also the main character is a fucking DICK, this dialogue just happened:

(Paraphrasing)

Dude - Yo whats your name anyway?
Girl - Alysa
Dude - Yeah thats a shit name, Ill call you Liz

lol :D If anyone is in the mood for a janky ass vampire game with some neat ideas that is porbably completely mediocre, keep in mind that its cheaper on the indiegala store ($4.50), which is where I got it (steam key)

Fracas

#fuckonami
Why the hell is the update that big? That Is move than half the size of the base game.

I don't get it either. I have the base game installed and after I tried to play it after buying the season pass the update prompt showed 10gb. So weird

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'm waiting for the mobile version which should come out next year, according to a post on the Steam forums. This is the type of game that I would much rather have available on a mobile device, assuming it is a good port.

That would be a much better experience in my mind.

2014 or 2015?

Dec

There is no incest, I was lied to by a gaffer!

Jokes aside, Im playing it atm, im digging it, but I like these janky semi-indie, eastern-block feeling games. It feels very much in the line of Orcs and Men, First Templar, Cursed Crusade, Mars War Logs etc.

Seems completely mediocre and completely ok at the same time, if you know what I mean. Like a B movie but for games... a B game :)

Also the main character is a fucking DICK, this dialogue just happened:

(Paraphrasing)

Dude - Yo whats your name anyway?
Girl - Alysa
Dude - Yeah thats a shit name, Ill call you Liz

lol :D If anyone is in the mood for a janky ass vampire game with some neat ideas that is porbably completely mediocre, keep in mind that its cheaper on the indiegala store ($4.50), which is where I got it (steam key)

Sounds ok. I might get it. Got a soft spot for janky RPGs.

Of Orcs and Men was really good though, I thought.

JaseC

Yes. Squeenix yanked the game from all Order of War subs back when the servers were shut down (last September), however a couple of months ago it was added back to the Challenge-specific subs, so those who'd purchased Challenge itself had it returned to their libraries whilst those who'd obtained it by purchasing the original Order of War, like myself, were given the cold shoulder.

Dr Dogg

XCOM's memorial of your fallen comrades/SteamGAFfers is like the field of crosses and tomb stones in Cannon Fodder. Brings a tear to my eye about how brave those little sprites were *sob*

Still on a more lighter note Castle of Illusion is going from strength to strength. Sully's narration is top notch. Wish I bought this waaaaay earlier now.

Desktop Dungeons is amazing....I was complaining earlier about no discount but waiting paid off. Mobile will be nice but the whole thing is one hand playable with just the mouse so that's another great feature!

Coppanuva

Reposting this since it ends in an hour (hopefully someone entered). Some solid jrpg games that aren't too long and are a blast to play (Also I think I've seen some of the devs posting here on gaf).

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cthulu Saves the World- -- MB-F27E4D47F41B2291 - Taken by yo_soy_el_topo. 11 entrants total.
Breath of Death 7- -- MB-91DBDA317ABA3704 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 5 entrants total.

t1388598529z1.png

Atruvius

No one on my friends list had this in their wishlist so I'll just gift this here.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Don't Starve -- MB-20F1EA53CBAF6427 - Taken by Red Blaster

tjohn86

Was the Columbia's finest stuff free with a pre order or something? Steam wont let me buy it because I already own it, but the store pages says I don't own it... Hmm.

JaseC

Why was Deadpool removed

Acti dumped the licence. Its financial year began yesterday and last January saw it dump the James Bond licence (a mere three months after 007 Legends hit shelves) as well as the licences associated with Blur.

Edit: Beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom