• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Well this is odd.

I'm playing a game on Steam. If I click "Shift + Tab" to talk to someone via chat, after about 15 seconds my keyboard gets stuck and while typing one of the letters will get stuck forever like thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Then steam gets in a loop of a constant sound error and the only way I can find to fix this is to remove the USB from my Keyboard and connect it again on my PC. I've been OUT of the Beta by the way.

Can anyone give any advice? Thanks in advance.

Glix

JUST nabbed Bioshock DLC before the price got fixed, woooooooooooooo!!!

Super happy with my haul from the sale (especially after I grab Mickey from Amazon).

Only games I'm super interested in that I still haven't picked up but will are C,S,D and Stanley

Volcynika

Well this is odd.

I'm playing a game on Steam. If I click "Shit + Tab" to talk to someone via chat, after about 15 seconds my keyboard gets stuck and while typing one of the letters will get stuck forever like thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Then steam gets in a loop of a constant sound error and the only way I can find to fix this is to remove the USB from my Keyboard and connect it again on my PC. I've been OUT of the Beta by the way.

Can anyone give any advice? Thanks in advance.

What game? I've had the keyboard repeating letters experience with one of them, can't remember which one though.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I was gonna finally play Brothers today but I got like 4 hours of sleep and my eyes are wicked not into the idea right now so scratch that!

I think I'm pretty much done with the sale at this point. Only thing left to do is get the rest of the snowglobes and craft my first badge.

Now I wait for the Amazon EC sale. Have 7 coupons from buying 20-cent Darksiders DLC, ha!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like nobody read my post last night, so I'll ask once more before I desist :p

Guys, I want to buy Ghostbusters from GameSpot, but it's blocked in my country. Is there any kind GAFfer from the US who's willing to purchase it for me, and take payment from me via Paypal or a similarly priced Steam game? I'm willing to pay up to $12 to cover for Paypal fees and such.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
That is what I get for waiting and not getting my ass up at 6 in the morning when I read about the season pass price.

Anyone have impressions on Sniper Elite (the first one)?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Tomorrow is the last day of the sale right?

Last full day, yes. Though it remains to be seen if the last 24 hours bleeds over to the Thursday update/10AM Jan 3rd store update. since that's what the Jan 3rd means, ends at that update.

bonesquad

I've played a bit of The Swapper this morning. The game's fantastic. I knew nothing going in and so just figuring out a few basic mechanics was cool. The game can feel a bit 'gamey' at times with its test chambers, err puzzle rooms. Still, great atmosphere, style, and I really enjoy swapping around. This looks to already jump towards the top of my GOTY list...

Cth

I've played a bit of The Swapper this morning. The game's fantastic. I knew nothing going in and so just figuring out a few basic mechanics was cool. The game can feel a bit 'gamey' at times with its test chambers, err puzzle rooms. Still, great atmosphere, style, and I really enjoy swapping around. This looks to already jump towards the top of my GOTY list...

Glad to hear it.. everyone should play the game, it's definitely GOTY material.

The_Monk

What game? I've had the keyboard repeating letters experience with one of them, can't remember which one though.

Most recently, GRID 2. I've had the same problems with Dirt 2 & 3. Guess my Keyboard do not like racing games? I don't have any accessories connected by the way, aside from a regular (wireless) 360 Controller.

Well this is odd.

I'm playing a game on Steam. If I click "Shit + Tab" to talk to someone via chat, after about 15 seconds my keyboard gets stuck and while typing one of the letters will get stuck forever like thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
Unfortunate typo :p

But, I don't know what's going here. Is this a specific game, or is it all games that this is happening with? Perhaps try reinstalling the game/Steam depending on if it's one or all games.

Volcynika

Most recently, GRID 2. I've had the same problems with Dirt 2 & 3. Guess my Keyboard do not like racing games? I don't have any accessories connected by the way, aside from a regular (wireless) 360 Controller.

Hm, it wasn't that one. Bah. It was some indie game that gave me that issue. Can't remember.

The_Monk

Unfortunate typo :p

But, I don't know what's going here. Is this a specific game, or is it all games that this is happening with? Perhaps try reinstalling the game/Steam depending on if it's one or all games.

Fixed! What a terrible typo! :(

Like I said in the post above yours, only happened to 3 games so far. It's really strange.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ready for crushing disapointment when NAruto UNS3 isnt a daily :(

You literally had 7 and a half hours to grab it. Don't starve lasted 12 minutes.

That's not really the point. I didn't click on the game during the sale because I already own the game. Didn't see any reason to assume there'd be anything on the other side of the click to buy. And I was asleep for most of that sale.

But thanks for making sure I was literally clear. You've been literally not helpful while point out the literally most obvious information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom