• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Rayman is no doubt great but I feel like there's too much stuff happening, sometimes hard to make out stuff.

No offense, but there really isn't much going on and for the most part, majority of the stages can be completed even if you take your time. Yes there are levels where you need to sprint/run to the end to complete, but even then in the non-Invasion levels, you just need to keep an eye on what's infront of you and you'll be able to complete it with no hassle.

Is Bioshock 2 any good? I didn't care much for infinite but thought the first was decent. I've got $2 left in my wallet to spend and can't decide what to get

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I will never cease being surprised and overjoyed by how generous and friendly SteamGAF is. Its a new year, but still the great community feeling.

Though I'm not sure about Steam, as it's telling me I need a budget while sending me emails about buying a game otherwise a little girl might die by zombie attacks.

Well this is odd.

I'm playing a game on Steam. If I click "Shift + Tab" to talk to someone via chat, after about 15 seconds my keyboard gets stuck and while typing one of the letters will get stuck forever like thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Then steam gets in a loop of a constant sound error and the only way I can find to fix this is to remove the USB from my Keyboard and connect it again on my PC. I've been OUT of the Beta by the way.

Can anyone give any advice? Thanks in advance.

I suffered the same problem with multiple letters being entered when it came to Steam Overlay. I finally got in touch with someone and was informed it was a network connectivity issue (which makes no sense to me) and I was given a patch to download which fixed it for the most part. Alas it was a one time download link so I can't share it, and as it deleted itself immediately and I couldn't look into exactly what was altered, I can't tell what it did per say.

I recommend just going through the same steps I did. Talk to someone at Valve. https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php

XShagrath

Sorry, guys.. I read a little more on Hammerwatch and see there's no loot/leveling. That pretty much kills my boner, and therefore not gonna host a 4-pack.

Looks like there should be enough interest without me though if someone else wants to host.

Picked up Valdis Story! Also got a foil for Deadly Premonition! If the new indie bundle has Valdis or anything I bought this sale then so be it.. more games for my pals.

Damn, I bought Vladis in the Fall sale from a Russian for like 7 bucks and I thought that was a steal. Never thought it'd be a daily, or that it would jump straight to 75% off.

and of course I haven't played it yet.

So is there going to be one more round of dailies or is tomorrow going to be a recap? There hasn't been a recap in a while I think so I'm assuming another wave of dailies.

The_Monk

I suffered the same problem with multiple letters being entered when it came to Steam Overlay. I finally got in touch with someone and was informed it was a network connectivity issue (which makes no sense to me) and I was given a patch to download which fixed it for the most part. Alas it was a one time download link so I can't share it, and as it deleted itself immediately and I couldn't look into exactly what was altered, I can't tell what it did per say.

I recommend just going through the same steps I did. Talk to someone at Valve. https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php

Thank you very much for the help I will try it later on.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wasn't that added to the WB Humble Bundle. Though you probably want the Uzbekistani sub or something crazy :p

Haha, nah, I did the math. Redeeming the Humble Bundle codes + buying the remaining DLC from Steam RU worked out more expensive than just buying Mithril Edition itself. At 66% off it'll be $13~$14.

Omega

Banned
front page has always said 24 hours, at least for me

the actual store pages say 47 now, so why is everyone freaking out?

Nabs

Here is a dumb question(s), but is GFWL being removed from it and do I get a free upgrade to the new version of SFIV or will I have to pay for it?

Ultra SF4 will run you $15 if you own this. I think it's $40 (or $30 possibly) otherwise.

Thorgal

Waiting for $3.75 Rayman Origins since I already own a console version. Your move, Ubisoft.

I'm gonna be a party pooper here and point out that your first badge was Power Player (116 games owned) ;P

Alright . let me rephrase that : My very first self crafted badge :p

HoosTrax

Wow, Valdis Story looks like it might be right up my alley. RPG platformer with skill trees and gear? How did I not hear about it until now...

(Probably too busy with Payday 2 at the time)

Edit: Only one Metacritic review? I'm going to blame a massive PR failure.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm officially done since tomorrow will be repeats, it was a nice sale, better than last years, at least for me.

still 2 sets of flash deals before the encore! Volgarr will be in one of them believe!

gabbo

Is Bioshock 2 any good? I didn't care much for infinite but thought the first was decent. I've got $2 left in my wallet to spend and can't decide what to get

Does anything else tickle your fancy? Bio2's not bad, but if you're on the fence about something else as well...

Gvaz

Banned
HOW CAN YOU NOT BUY RAYMAN LEGENDS?!

rayman_legends_2013_09_14_04_11_55_20_by_alo81-d6m88lv.jpg

A GIANT LUCHADOR IS CHASING YOU THROUGH A MEXICAN FIESTA LAND MADE OF CAKE

I don't like platformers.

Pointing out that the Super Street Fighter IV "All-in Costume Pack" is discounted too, even though the separate DLC isn't.

But make sure you don't have it first, I kept wondering why Steam was fussing that I already owned it, since it wasn't showing up with the green "You already own" banner on the store page.

My very first badge .. * wipes away tear .

naamloosyiswv.png

...And you dropped a rare. I've crafted perhaps six times so far, each time common items. Congrats.

Enco

First sale where I bought nothing.

I'm not counting Don't Starve when there was a pricing error. No idea why I bought that.

Valdis Story is a combat platformer with a combo system and a deep magic system. Basically, you hold down the "magic" button and then press a direction or press it in the air and cast the spell that is aligned to that direction. Makes for really fast-paced magic casting and streamlined combat. You have a light and heavy attack and can vary them as well as hold directions to change the type of attack. There are also other weapons that all have DRASTICALLY different play styles. Fast daggers, normal sword, slow...thing. Your normal standards that can change up combat.

There is equipment and upgrades that can drastically change how you play it as if someone goes a magic route or a demon route and someone else goes an agility route and a neutral route, you will have VASTLY different playstyles. And that's for one main character. There are three more, one for the taking and the other two unlocks with more on the way in updates.

You have an alignment which is based on what spells, equipment and abilities you get. Demon, Angel and Neutral. This changes your affinity to each so if you lean Demon heavy it gives you bonuses for Demon and yada yada. It also affects other stuff so...yeah. The equipment and spells are really unique, not just "equip the new one cause it's automatically better" as they all seem to do interesting things, like an Angel piece that boosts the next spell you cast when you get a critical hit or a Demon piece that takes away your ability to critical but gives you two more hits to your combo etc. etc. And since they all are upgradeable, if you have a favorite piece that works especially good for your build you can upgrade it instead of leaving it behind for one with better...something else that helps you survive since the enemies got tougher.

Bosses are fantastic skill and reflex affairs, which grades you and gives you bonuses on how well you do. There are multiple ways to tackle them and you'll find yourself repeatedly trying to get a better time with less damage taken on each of them (except the Raven, fuck that piece of shit).

The music is simply GORGEOUS and the plot is pretty decent too. Basically, you're from a group of humans who kill Angels and Demons because their war is killing all the humans and on the way somewhere in the ocean your ship is sunk in a battle and you fall into a mythical city under the waves where Angels and Demons are warring for control and you have to find out why it's so important while getting your crew back together.

The plot intro makes it seem kinda shit but it really picks up in the actual game, as well as helped by the fact that the characters are actually pretty great. Wyatt in particular. I thought he'd be your normal dour lead or angsty but he's actually pretty fucking funny. My favorite line has to be coming into a room and seeing an enormous dragon boss and he simply says "Well, looks like my string of good luck is still intact" before fighting it.

I cannot recommend this game enough. Much like Risk of Rain, I kickstarted this baby and do not regret a single second of it. Super goddam fun.

They also have updates with more stuff coming out in the future like characters and items and boss rush and shit.

BUY IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom