• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the next flash sale, I'll pick up Half-Life 2 and whatever other $3 game I can find. It wasn't a great sale for me this time, but Dust was money well spent at least.

Humble Store > GOG > Steam > GMG

Does that sound about right for the winter sale?

Amazon's sales were pretty good as well. Lots of games that were recently released were at a pretty good price. Mass Effect Trilogy for $10, Tomb Raider for $5 (iirc), Lego Marvel for $12, and Borderlands 1(GOTY)/Borderlands 2 for $10.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm going to pass on SSFIV: AE. While I love fighting games, I do need to save the money and I already have Skullgirls to play

Same here, not sure what is best to buy and what's worth it. Any opinions here?

It is madness, and i'm sure someone else can chime in better....but Brave New World and Gods & Kings are the top to expansions.

I think you can just buy the Gold Upgrade + BNW and get everything

Saiyan-Rox

So guess tomorrow will be the encore deals and then that'll be that :( only got hit with 3 games this time

State of decay
FFVIII
Trine 2

my wallet is grateful i guess lol

gabbo

Grid 2 looks really pretty. Visuals are nice and the sound engine is actually good. You will race for fans, so you can increase popularity and make this a more well-known sport. Different races will be spread across the US, Europe, Asia and so on. The selection of cars is quite good, however there's some very tempting DLC's in there, some with cars and tracks. Did not play much of Online yet but I managed to get in a lobby couple of times but as always, I'm terrible playing online.

Right I do have a problem with the game and that only happens when I Shift + Tab to answer someone, my keyboard gets stuck in a letter forcing me to unplug and plug back in. The HUD seems a bit blurry but nothing serious, there's a decent selection in the difficulty of the game too which is fine. It's also very addicting!

Intriguing. I'll have to put some time into the demo, see how I feel about... after the backlog..

Man, I've got such bad neck pain from last night, must be from staying up so late the last few weeks to vote on the 2am voting.

The same to you as well!

:( Take some ibuprofen as that is pain relief and muscle relaxant. Hope you feel better soon *hugs [but not too tightly]*

Bah, I really hoping for Guardians of Middle-earth.

You've seen Hanna, right? She'll be able to handle herself just fine. ;)

I has a key for that game which you may have. Message me in Steam or add me [link in my profile] if we're not already Steam friends. I think we are already but it can be hard to keep track sometimes :/.

No, sorry. The last movie I saw at the cinema was either The Phantom Menace or Gladiator. I haven't watched telly for yonks either so I am distinctly out of the contemporary popular culture loop! :)

Oh and she might be a badass but in XCOM her fate depends entirely on me :/. I promise to try and look after her though :).

I will never cease being surprised and overjoyed by how generous and friendly SteamGAF is. Its a new year, but still the great community feeling.

Though I'm not sure about Steam, as it's telling me I need a budget while sending me emails about buying a game otherwise a little girl might die by zombie attacks.

I suffered the same problem with multiple letters being entered when it came to Steam Overlay. I finally got in touch with someone and was informed it was a network connectivity issue (which makes no sense to me) and I was given a patch to download which fixed it for the most part. Alas it was a one time download link so I can't share it, and as it deleted itself immediately and I couldn't look into exactly what was altered, I can't tell what it did per say.

I recommend just going through the same steps I did. Talk to someone at Valve. https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php

Ah, it was you! I knew it was a thread regular that I was fond of :).

elhav

I already have Guacamelee for the ps3/vita, is it worth the 4 bucks for the gold edition? Does it have new stuff?

Arthea

Not for me. Steam > Amazon > Humble Store >>>>>>>> GMG

Didn't buy anything on GOG since their insomnia sale.

I'll join
This sale
Steam>GMG>Humble Store>gog>gamersgate>gamefly>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Amazon
Until Amazon accepts paypal, not buying there anything

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
After the next flash sale, I'll pick up Half-Life 2 and whatever other $3 game I can find. It wasn't a great sale for me this time, but Dust was money well spent at least.

Amazon's sales were pretty good as well. Lots of games that were recently released were at a pretty good price. Mass Effect Trilogy for $10, Tomb Raider for $5 (iirc), Lego Marvel for $12, and Borderlands 1(GOTY)/Borderlands 2 for $10.

Humble Store's deals were horrible most of the sale except the ones they are repeating now.

Tesseract

Banned
street fighter is great on pc, online base is active and very friendly.

please set you framerates to fixed if it isn't already defaulted so, fixed will drop frames to keep the gameplay speed and inputs consistent.

gilljoy

Second season of the walking dead on sale, fingers crossed a I get a steam voucher for my birthday and that's getting picked up!

maty

Valdis bought.

Too bad Rayman Legends is too expensive for me, I'm dying to play that, 100%ed Origins and now I need more Rayman :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I has a key for that game which you may have. Message me in Steam or add me [link in my profile] if we're not already Steam friends. I think we are already but it can be hard to keep track sometimes :/.

Done.

No, sorry. The last movie I saw at the cinema was either The Phantom Menace or Gladiator. I haven't watched telly for yonks either so I am distinctly out of the contemporary popular culture loop! :)

You're forgiven, then. ;)

Oh and she might be a badass but in XCOM her fate depends entirely on me :/. I promise to try and look after her though :).

I'll hold you to that. :p

I want to know this too.

Yes. They expire in just over 24 hours.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
aaaaaaannd sold! (Well after HiB10 has updated)

wait, does this mean Valdis is on HiB10? if so I just wasted 3.75 euros >_> Oh well, guess some lucky gaffer will get it if its part of the bundle

Nzyme32

So I have CivV standard edition. Whats the best route to get everything? The Gold Edition Upgrade and what?

Gold edition upgrade bags you most of the mini dlc and gods&kings. All thats left after that is brave new world which is on sale now and apparently makes the game a thousand times better

liezryou

Well i grabbed 3 copies of bioshock infinite season pass to retrade before the price got fixed... and i don't even remember but i have a interstellar marines steamgift somehow.

New Year's + Steam Sale = Supernova level blackout.

drgambit

Banned
Is You Need a Budget any good/useful?

YNAB is only good if YOU decide and make the commitment to start budgeting for yourself. It's a wonderful product, and if you have never budgeted your money before it's a great start! If you need any help the website has tons of tutorials and even offer live classes to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom