• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

I never heard of valdis story before i came into this thread. Impulse bought since i loved the last time GAF recommended me a metroidvania game (Rogue Legacy).

Never heard of Valdis Story, watched the video on the store page and bought it after reading some Steam user reviews. Hoping it is good! Looks great from the video.

EDIT: Awesome, glad to see GAF loves it. Looking forward to it.

Its nothing but a pretty excel.

+1 for just using Excel (or any freely available spreadsheet application). Ever since getitng in to debit in my late teens I've been running the same spreadsheet which I budget with/ forecast future months. Have separate tabs for gaming purchases/ nights out/ food shopping list and all collates on the main sheet.

Ok thanks. If it's not really any good then I'll just deal with having a free phone app that most likely does things better. Or excel, if I ever feel like customizing a spreadsheet for the things I need.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Different strokes and all, but it seems pretty fair to me.

It isn't a terrible price, but it was available for either $6 or $7.50 from GMG early in their sale.

Never heard of Valdis Story, watched the video on the store page and bought it after reading some Steam user reviews. Hoping it is good! Looks great from the video.

I give it a pretty solid thumbs up based on the first half hour. Combat and movement are fun, looks nice, and seems to have some depth.

I forgot to check if Bioshock Infinite's season pass was discounted in the flash sale because I'm so used to it not being discounted and missed out on it. Oh well.

chixdiggit

Damn, sale is almost over and still no Rayman Legends daily/flash. I'm beginning to lose hope.
You can lose it already. Maybe for the next sale.
OMG RAYMAN LEGENDS FOR $20!!!!!
wIG0j91.gif

And you told me to give up hope of it being a Flash/Daily.
Your advice blows
You're still cool in my book
So glad I waited.

Really depends on what type of tycoons she likes. Sim city 4 if she like city management, game rev tycoon for a lighter tycoon experience, rollercoaster tycoon 3 if she liked those from back in the day, etc. Ive also been thinking of getting prison architect on the humble store for $15.

Thanks for the recommendations.

All these games do not appeal to me so it is really hard to know what is what.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

VVVVVV -- MB-CF85D5E93251FB84 - Taken by tmarques. 9 entrants total.

t1388692624z1.png

Dr Dogg

I'm going to miss these their antics once it returns to the normal store look.

Don't worry there's backgrounds of the new styled mascots so you can relive their hi jinx every time you look at your profile. So in my case not that often.

I don't know, but it's $5 on Humble Store right now. It comes with a DRM-free copy and a Steam key, and it's the same price it would be on Steam.
Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

A badge is worth nothing in itself. You'll get a little XP for your Steam level and winter sale stuff but there are no differences between foil badges and normal ones. You craft one because you want one.

I appreciate the explanation, thank you!

Really want to pick up Legends but the next-gen version comes out relatively soon.

Glix

We should post the awesome Valadis impressions/review post that guy made a few pages back at the top of every new page, lol.

Somewhat related... Lets get the VALIS games on Steam. Make it happen Gaben.

Exr

What's the consensus on Hammerwatch? Watching the trailer is getting me all hot and bothered, any impressions?

Copons

I'm not buying anything because I'm holding out for a Cook, Serve, Delicious repeat.

:-(

I have 7 items in cart, but I'm waiting for that too. :'(

Problem is that CSD was a flash deal, so in the best case we'll get it in community vote, and we all know that we cannot trust the community to make the right choice. :'(

Ptaaty

I never heard of valdis story before i came into this thread. Impulse bought since i loved the last time GAF recommended me a metroidvania game (Rogue Legacy).
This is me exactly.... I have been hive minded into so many this sale....and been loving it.

I had a dream that Vanquish popped up on Steam overnight as a daily deal ala Metal Gear Rising. I promptly woke up to check Steam and was crushed to find out it wasn't so :(

Is tomorrow the last set of dailies or does the entire sale end tomorrow at 10:00 am PST? Just need to know before I budget the rest of my wallet funds.

Zeeman

Problem is that CSD was a flash deal, so in the best case we'll get it in community vote, and we all know that we cannot trust the community to make the right choice. :'(

I'm having a similar issue with Gunpoint

Cody_D165

Banned
Are the PC versions of Lego Harry Potter games any good? I've had the urge to play some Harry Potter games after the little discussion in this thread the other day and they're only $4.99 apiece on Amazon.

hohoXD123

Finally the day my profile pic was posted. This is a momentous occasion. Now I think I understand why you posted that...

I had a dream that Vanquish popped up on Steam overnight as a daily deal ala Metal Gear Rising. I promptly woke up to check Steam and was crushed to find out it wasn't so :(

Is tomorrow the last set of dailies or does the entire sale end tomorrow at 10:00 am PST? Just need to know before I budget the rest of my wallet funds.
Think it finishes on the 3rd, so should have one more set after this.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Finally the day my profile pic was posted. This is a momentous occasion. Now I think I understand why you posted that...

Think it finishes on the 3rd, so should have one more set after this.

Cards expire on the 3rd but I think the games are tomorrow.

liezryou

Dammit where is that developer of CSD, he needs to pressure steam to put it back up on flash or a daily after the sale!

nbraun80

Thanks for the recommendations.

All these games do not appeal to me so it is really hard to know what is what.

No problem. Honestly id just sit down with here and search the tycoon and sim games on steam and see what video appeals to her more. Who knows fish tycoon might be the one she likes ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom