• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

I'm not really getting the countdown to the end of the Steam sale.

Apparently, the only game actually flagged as "daily deal", thus expiring in 2 days, is Walking Dead Season 2, while all the other dailies are just "holiday sale" expiring in 1 day.

I'm interested of course because of the remote possibility of a tomorrow Humble X with the remote possibility of containing Valdis. :D

Tesseract

Banned
$15 in addition to paying the $7 (at least that I paid in a 4-pack) for Super Right now > the price they want for Ultra Steamworks ($40)

I'd suggest anyone that has interest in it and wants it for Steamworks to buy it right now so when Ultra hits you get it at a cheaper price with the DLC costumes as well.

ultra steamworks standalone is $30

- J - D -

These are the only two games left I need to show up on sale:

Skyrim Legendary Edition (I missed it the first time, apparently)
Volgarr

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
y9Spbz9.jpg

I'm going to miss these their antics once it returns to the normal store look.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Apparently, the only game actually flagged as "daily deal", thus expiring in 2 days, is Walking Dead Season 2, while all the other dailies are just "holiday sale" expiring in 1 day.

I'm interested of course because of the remote possibility of a tomorrow Humble X with the remote possibility of containing Valdis. :D

where did these rumors of Valdis in humble X start anyway?

Momentary

Banned
Valdis Story is legit. Endless Fluff games did a fantastic job with the game and continues to support it with plans for adding 2 more characters soon. I put it on hold hoping for the new characters to get added, but this sale made me realize how much I missed the combo oriented gameplay and awesome bosses. It's going to be my first game to beat this year.

Anyone know of a game which plays similar to the many "tycoon" style games on Steam?
A good one at least? :D

My girlfriend is looking for a game to play and I have no experience in the genre to know what is good and what is not.

dani_dc

There was something similar during the last sale, they had an extra day(s) with a "best off" deals selection after the rest of the sale ended.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This is true, but only when it was a daily did it hit 75% off. The subsequent reappearances were only 66%.

the Legendary? I dont remember it hitting 75% in any of them, only the regular. I might be mistaken of course

Arthea

Going by his last posts I guess someone finally got sick of his shtick. And that's what it is a this point. Some like his snark but after his last ban he was often just trolling instead of seriously discussing, even going so far as shitting on games he liked only a few months ago. Afair he even admitted that he's not really interested in honest discussions anymore.

Thanks!
Not that unexpected, but quite soon after his reappearance.

I'm going to miss these their antics once it returns to the normal store look.

Yup, me too, especially day of tentacles (><)
I was shocked!
not, but it was unexpected.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hmm... modbot glitched and gave away #7 two times. :/

I'm going to give it to Crazy Rabbit since that's the 1 entry over the 14 entrants(!) given. Plus he PM'ed me ASAP while Polishin8r hasn't. If Crazy Rabbit's trade functions work then he'll get it. If not I guess I'll shoot it to Polishin8r.

Right. So that leaves:

Snow Globe #8 to give away to anyone. PM me your Steam ID if you need it. (last spam, I promise!)

- J - D -

the Legendary? I dont remember it hitting 75% in any of them, only the regular. I might be mistaken of course

No I think you're right. The base game hit 75% off for the daily, and the LE was 66% off. I remember the price for the latter being $20.xx that one time.

Copons

There was something similar during the last sale, they had an extra day(s) with a "best off" deals selection after the rest of the sale ended.

Yup, but I don't think this is the same case. Or it would mean that TWD Season 2 is preventively one of the best of. :D

derExperte

New to the whole thing honestly, still confused about what is worth what.

A badge is worth nothing in itself. You'll get a little XP for your Steam level and winter sale stuff but there are no differences between foil badges and normal ones. You craft one because you want one.

nbraun80

Anyone know of a game which plays similar to the many "tycoon" style games on Steam?
A good one at least? :D

My girlfriend is looking for a game to play and I have no experience in the genre to know what is good and what is not.

Really depends on what type of tycoons she likes. Sim city 4 if she like city management, game rev tycoon for a lighter tycoon experience, rollercoaster tycoon 3 if she liked those from back in the day, etc. Ive also been thinking of getting prison architect on the humble store for $15.

NoPiece

Has anyone tried any of the cockpit mods for Grid 2? I wrote off the game when I heard they were removing the cockpit view, which sucks because I generally like Codemaster's racers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom