• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler

Not Wario
Looks like most people tried for all 3 of my BI Season passes lol

Yeah, I wasn't sure what the right approach was. If ModBot is up for a scope increase in the the future, (not that it isnt a great contribution as is) We need like a single pot, multiple prize option where everyone can enter for one prize and several winners can be selected.

Thanks for the pass by the way! I was going to buy it but then they hiked the price back up right as I went to add it to my cart. Saw your giveaway, so you saved me the trouble. Much appreciated! :)

Guy.brush

I wish the JUST CAUSE 2 Multiplayer mod had co-op capability...not sure if I should bother with doing the game in singleplayer.

So, serious question. Is the budgeting software any good? I mean, I could kind of use something like that, but the fact that I'm buying that kind of software off of the place where I burn so much money in the first place just feels a bit off lol.

Also, considering Valdis and Civ5, anything else I should be buying this round?

Copons

All gameplay changes are included but you miss some scenarios and mabye civilizations.

You'll be missing content such as a few Civilizations as well as scenarios.

Actual gameplay additions are all included in BNW, so if you're satisfied with the content you get from Vanilla+BNW (which is a lot) you can skip G&K.

If you want all content the best thing to do (assuming you only have vanilla) is to buy the GOTY upgrade and BNW.

I don't think so. It was repeated in steam threads many times, but description of BNW doesn't mention it has everything that gold edition has. So, I'm not sure.

Ahh, so probably I just assumed that the "full experience" has something to do with features and instead people were talking about civilizations and scenarios.
Well then, I should have skipped G&K going directly with BNW instead of buying both, as I'm more the sandbox type (playing as Rome, because I secretly want a new Roman empire ruling the world because it'd be super cool) and don't really use scenarios or hundreds of civs.

Just Cause 2 for 3 bucks is just too good to be real. Any good Tropico/Caesars kind of game on sale you guys can recommend me?

By the way, I have this snow globes for exchange.

65NyM.png

65NzC.png
65NAN.png

I'm looking for XCOM Enemy Unknown and The Bureau chromes (foils, trading cards or whatever the hell they are called)

Feel free to add me and ask for my globes: http://steamcommunity.com/id/psihopatperihelion/

My snow globes that is.

Hawkie

Once the thread calms down post-sale I'll miss the regular impressions that people have been posting of various games. Long may it continue.

hitmon

Is my math wrong or is it cheaper to get the SF AE game and All in costume separately ($7.49+3.74=11.23) instead of going for the complete pack (11.99)?

Majukun

only 6 snowglobes until now..i'll probably never get to have a complete set..might gonna giveaway mine if i see that i can't manage to get the full set

James93

So, serious question. Is the budgeting software any good? I mean, I could kind of use something like that, but the fact that I'm buying that kind of software off of the place where I burn so much money in the first place just feels a bit off lol.

Also, considering Valdis and Civ5, anything else I should be buying this round?

Its nothing but a pretty excel.

nbraun80

Alright GAF I pulled the trigger on Valdis, kinda looked like mega man x and castkevania together which is cool with me. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

denx

well of course Valdis Story goes on sale after I blew my budget on Fall of Cybertron and the Ys games.

Geez I need to farm more cards ASAP.

Pinkuss

Its nothing but a pretty excel.

+1 for just using Excel (or any freely available spreadsheet application). Ever since getitng in to debit in my late teens I've been running the same spreadsheet which I budget with/ forecast future months. Have separate tabs for gaming purchases/ nights out/ food shopping list and all collates on the main sheet.

Is a little OCD of me and I don't follow it exactly but it helps keeping track of everything.

Also; I have £4.99 in my steam wallet after selling all my cards. Any RPG's/ Adventure games that I should get before the sale's over? (Half tempted with the original Bioshock but it's regularly cheaper elsewhere).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yes, you have to wait until August when the Ultra Edition is released then GFWL will be dropped

technically GFWL will be dropped when its dead in March or whatever it is

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Snow Globe #5 and #8 up for grabs. PM me your Steam ID so I can send a trade request your way. First come, first served. >_>

MillionVolts said:
Does Street Fighter IV AE still use GFWL?

Yes. Until August when it drops it for Steamworks with Ultra.

Enco

After the next flash sale, I'll pick up Half-Life 2 and whatever other $3 game I can find. It wasn't a great sale for me this time, but Dust was money well spent at least.

Amazon's sales were pretty good as well. Lots of games that were recently released were at a pretty good price. Mass Effect Trilogy for $10, Tomb Raider for $5 (iirc), Lego Marvel for $12, and Borderlands 1(GOTY)/Borderlands 2 for $10.
Forgot about Amazon. Yea they were pretty good. When thinking of GOG I was thinking about the Insomnia sale. Their winter sale was meh. My new ranking:

Humble > Amazon > Steam > GOG >> GMG

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't think Baldur's Gate II EE is going to get above 33%. Must hold out to see the last two flash sales.

theres more than 2 flash deals left if it does end on the 3rd like the main page says, there are still flash deals going on during the encore day

derExperte

can someone enlighten me for what this time?

Going by his last posts I guess someone finally got sick of his shtick. And that's what it is a this point. Some like his snark but after his last ban he was often just trolling instead of seriously discussing, even going so far as shitting on games he liked only a few months ago. Afair he even admitted that he's not really interested in honest discussions anymore.

Don't have any doobles to give away but if anyone does and is willing to send em my way, I would be thankful and you would be cool. I need 1,4,6,7, and 9. Just PM me if you do.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Of course you have to pay for that upgrade.

$15 in addition to paying the $7 (at least that I paid in a 4-pack) for Super Right now > the price they want for Ultra Steamworks ($40)

I'd suggest anyone that has interest in it and wants it for Steamworks to buy it right now so when Ultra hits you get it at a cheaper price with the DLC costumes as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom