• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Some games, age just doesn't matter as long as the systems can still run them. Total War Rome is a great example of still being a wonderful title for that.

Edit: As is Bit.Trip.Runner. Thank you so much Volcynika.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
As soon as the clock hit midnight, 3 cop cars flew by the hotel with their sirens blaring. That's gotta be some kind of sign.

Grief.exe

Not expired but seemingly abandoned. The game is six months old and is Acti's only Marvel-themed title.

A dev posted in the other thread that Marvel contracts are tricky.

You get 3 years at the start of development, not from when the game is released. You can re-up the contract at 3 years if the game is successful.

dani_dc

You get 3 years at the start of development, not from when the game is released. You can re-up the contract at 3 years if the game is successful.

Sounds like they don't really understand the industry. That's essencially no time for development+release. I'm surprised Activision even bothered to make Deadpool under those terms.

donny2112

Hey guyyyyyys. I want to contribute back to the community since I have participated in entering in Modbot giveaways while still showing some love for one of my favorite franchises. So I hope the people that win these will actually play them and find the same enjoyment I have :D (Also hope I didn't mess this up, first time doing this with the email link stuff).

Really generous of you! :)

Platy

Happy January !

My imediate new year resolution is Runner2 and Ms Splosion Man, specialy if in Daily Deal

Tesseract

Banned
East coast has said that New Year is now.

Have it happy.

ULHlhTb.gif
h9kRObA.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The game was announced mid-2012. The three years aren't up.

donny2112

did they patch the bug, you couldn't finish it without restarting a checkpoint.

Don't know. I got through it fine, though. I did get hit with the "unable to get 100% despite getting absolutely every collectible in the game" bug, though. Just have to make it through knowing I got 100% despite the game's % not agreeing. :(

Grief.exe

The game was announced mid-2012. The three years aren't up.

Development probably started in 2011. I don't know anything about the development of Deadpool, but generally AAA games aren't even whispered until there is a good deal of content to show.

donny2112

Haven't bought much this Steam sale, but really happy to have worked about a reasonable way to play Steam games in bed, at least (desktop picture/sound forwarding to phone with 360 controller being able to reach the PC from another room). Ought to help with some of the backlog over the coming year!

Colin.

Jeez, didn't take long for Deadpool to disappear. Seemed to be selling well, so it will probably come back. London 2012 was also removed today.

Cth

Congrats(?) to Kirosia for winning the unlucky award :)

I've added you to my friend list.. as soon as you accept I'll send a copy of a game from your wishlist.

Good luck!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deadpool -- MB-F04F3045085F790A - Taken by dream. 69 entrants total.

t1388564147z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Development probably started in 2011.

Quite likely, but not January 1st. You know what does start on January 1st, though? Acti's financial year!

I don't know anything about the development of Deadpool, but generally AAA games aren't even whispered until there is a good deal of content to show.

Yes, I realise that. I was actually going to edit my post because I knew you'd say as much. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom