• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quikies83

I keep going back and forth on Slender: The Arrival.

I tried the free version, and thought it was a little boring. It had good atmosphere and was interesting, but the lack of gamey mechanics bored me. Same thing happened with Amnesia. But then Outlast was great (still haven't finished, but plan on it. I just got to the sewers). I can't decide if I'm warming up to the no-combat games, or if Outlast is just that well done.

I really, really enjoyed them both.

Why Steam Why :(

Also I know everyone talks about xcom enemy unknown but is it worth getting if I've never played a similar game before?

ChaoticEko

Neo Member
2izgkyB.jpg

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Died right after I finished my playing session for today. Running late here, glad I wasn't planning on buying anything else and that all my extra snow globe cards are gone.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I really liked the original Soul Reaver way back when but never played the rest of them. Any idea how well these games have aged?
Blood Omen 2 is shit and a disgrace to the franchise, but the other games are excellent.

However, I heard the PC ports were rather abysmal, at least for Soul Reaver (not sure about the other two)... :( I can't buy games from Amazon.com since I'm in Canada (even digital games, completely stupid really), otherwise I'd likely just spend the $4 to test 'em out, really.

Dr Dogg

Already got it. Apparently the latest version works for new vegas as well. I've been referring to the gaf thread on the essentials. So far I have fellout. I will probably get project beauty and an hd texture pack as well. The only thing I'm kind of unsure of is where to put these mod files. I've just been placing them in the data folder of the game.

Yeah that's the right spot. Only a few mods go to funky locations. Here's a overarching guide of the basics and advanced tips and tricks.

Only real problem I had with modding Fallout 3 was the executable is only 32bit and isn't large address aware by default so can only access 2gb of memory. If you go crazy you'll probably get lock ups and crashes but you'd have to be looking at 50+ mods got that. It's easily sortable though with some tools freely available.

FO3 with mods can looks insane, NV even better.

Went down for me, like, two seconds after I saw the HL3 demo go live. Guess I just refreshed at the right second.

EDIT: Beaten like an unruly exotic pet.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
why is steam dead guys ?
totally unsubstantiated guess: snow globe market has run amok and taken the servers with it

was looking at ~3300 transactions per card per hour a little earlier this evening

(must stress that this is merely a tale from my ass)

Birin

Neo Member
I look at DerpTrolling to see if it was his handiwork but apparently not. Time to browse Humble while I wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom