• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Infinite, very kind of you. Funny to sometimes see you here as well as stream chats these days, I should mention. But also want to comment your current profile pic makes me think you'd be able to do a pretty good Madotuski cosplay from Yume Nikki.

Sure many here will be happy with the giveaway~

Why thank you! I've seen you a lot during this sale, but I've yet to win any of your giveaways! Hrmm, that might actually be a good idea for a cheap cosplay to do the next time I go to a con. I'd pretty much just need a big pink sweater and to sew on a black and white checkered patch on the front!

I hope they are happy with it since it was one of my favorite games of last year.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
If it's like the summer sale, all the small deals will go away tomorrow and will only have best sellers on a stronger discount price. But if you want the small hidden sales that haven't been dailies or anything yet, you should buy tonight.

You sure? Front page says through Jan 3rd. Tomorrow is probably the encore daily.

It's just odd for all of the rest of the store listings to be ending tomorrow at 1PM if that were to happen. There's never daily's that exist without the rest of the sale going on.

Sajjaja

So I'm playing Papers, Please and there's this lady who slips me a note saying I shouldn't let this guy in a few places back because he will put her and her sister into a brothel. First playthrough, I let him in cause idgaf. They make a headline in the newspaper and I'm like aww shit, I shouldn't have let him in.

Second playthrough same thing happens (it's story mode so it repeats) and I decide to not let the dude in. Same thing happens, they show up dead anyways. WHAT'S THE DEAL?

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I got a Sonic collection on Amazon, and already have the Genesis games, so.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sonic 3 & Knuckles -- MB-55E228A466BAD2CD
Mean Bean Machine -- MB-53C5E3A28B1DA538
Sonic 2 -- MB-61172CDF4C4B5E71
Sonic 1 -- MB-2B6D3CFAF398146A
Sonic 3D Blast -- MB-A3D1A4BEBA4F8A68
Sonic Spinball -- MB-FC7D8AA2E5C0D4B1

t1388634934z1.png

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
If it's like the summer sale, all the small deals will go away tomorrow and will only have best sellers on a stronger discount price. But if you want the small hidden sales that haven't been dailies or anything yet, you should buy tonight.

Went ahead and got Counter-Strike: Source for mod fun earlier today when I realized it probably wouldn't be discounted any deeper for this sale. (A friend gave me Garry's Mod.)

Big-E

I really liked the original Soul Reaver way back when but never played the rest of them. Any idea how well these games have aged?

Nope but MamaRobotnik would make legacy of kain threads all the time so a collection of classics for $4.00 is good to just have around.

rav

About to pick up super street fighter.
I notice that it's about 70 cents cheaper (USD) to buy the game alone, and the dlc pack rather than the pack that includes them both. Am I missing something?

KarmaCow

Is there a hidden gems thread?

so glad I got valdis, that is a fun little game. the slide is a bit tricky particularly with the pressure plates short timer at the beginnig. I'm jsut to the town, so not far in.

Yea I was not expecting the timings to be so strict on those challenges. There were a few where I was dashing through just as the door closed. Very tense stuff, really enjoying them so far.

Soule

All these giveaways are making me wish I bought a couple extra games on the side when they were really discounted, could've been an awesome giveaway in a few months for people that missed the big sale.

Soule

There should be one more day of sale after this, no? Typically an encore sale day.

If there is an encore day, do you think my precious snow globe cards will evaporate before that or will they keep them around for the extra day? Bleehhhhhh better get crafting early just incase

store_date_english.png

I'm guessing they'll have 2 more days of deals. but the time lengths will be shortened? (Maybe just one more day's worth and an encore day)

Typically it would end at 1PM EST on the last day listed. So theoretically we have one more round, but the timers seem to indicate otherwise. I don't think there would be a set of deals with the rest of the store reverting to normal. That would be weird.

More gifts for GAF

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-131257D7BD7260A9
The Ship -- MB-880143E2EEB0A90B

t1388625755z1.png

Kadin

If there is an encore day, do you think my precious snow globe cards will evaporate before that or will they keep them around for the extra day? Bleehhhhhh better get crafting early just incase

They're going *poof* on the 3rd. So you'll be fine through tomorrow.

store_date_english.png

I'm guessing they'll have 2 more days of deals. but the time lengths will be shortened? (Maybe just one more day's worth and an encore day)

From the News section on Steam
News said:
The Steam Holiday Sale will run until 10AM PST, January 2nd. Complete information on Daily Deals, Flash Sales, Community Choice Voting and more can be found HERE.

Clicking in any non-daily says it will end in 16:51 hours.

Soule

Valdis Story's soundtrack is phenomenal. I put it on my iTunes wish list, hopefully it gets cheaper then $15.

Been loving the games with great OSTs lately, I already owned hotline miami but been listening to that, got Dustforce off Humble Store and I bought Valdis Story but didn't really think about the music. Might lift it a few positions closer to the playing queue from the backburner with this news.

user237

Bought Legend of Grimlock for $3. I've known about it for a while but wasn't sure if I would like it. I did play Eye of the Beholder on the Sega CD, and while I thought it was impressive, I didn't honestly finish it. So here's hoping Grimlock is better.

rav

About to pick up super street fighter.
I notice that it's about 70 cents cheaper (USD) to buy the game alone, and the dlc pack rather than the pack that includes them both. Am I missing something?

VQA9DsM.png

Looks like I'm not missing anything, according to the cart.

Dr Dogg

Wow, test drive pulled for the moment. The sky is fallinggggg

Seeing as it had some big discounts earlier in the year and a shed load of licensed cars I'll not be too shocked if it's gone for ever.

Edit: Saying that there's this message on the store page:-

Notice: We are currently out of keys for this title. We've requested more from the publisher and will have those soon. Should you purchase this title, your key will be delivered as soon as we receive it.

Though it does have Ferrari licensed cars in one if the updates/dlc packs which if Outrun is anything to go by it might disappear sooner rather than later.

Is there an updated/equivalent of this thread? I couldn't find anything, and I wouldn't mind some hidden discounts being highlighted for some good games, before the sale is over.

Salsa usually knocks a thread up on the last day with hidden gems. Toma repurposed the thread from Summer with all the indie titles which get overlooked http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621131

Zafir

So I'm playing Papers, Please and there's this lady who slips me a note saying I shouldn't let this guy in a few places back because he will put her and her sister into a brothel. First playthrough, I let him in cause idgaf. They make a headline in the newspaper and I'm like aww shit, I shouldn't have let him in.

Second playthrough same thing happens (it's story mode so it repeats) and I decide to not let the dude in. Same thing happens, they show up dead anyways. WHAT'S THE DEAL?
Yeah, same thing happened for me, I got the same result regardless of whether I let him in or not. Dunno why. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom