• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrs

Same error code as the ol' L4D2 fiasco, -118.

-118 what, exactly? Servers? Steam particles? Gabes?

Gabes not fed, also this happened

REMsNgd.png

akira28

omg...i'll never vote and get a snowglobe card again.

edit: I wonder if someone wrote a market program to buy up all the globe cards, to process them for >$1.00 sellable game loot.
cuz the market is defintely down.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Still can't connect to the client, it keeps lying that my internet isn't working.

Cth

For anyone who's played Audiosurf, do you think a six year old could play it?

Not sure what the game mechanics are like.. is it like Tetris, collecting blocks that go away when you get enough of them stacked?

etc

Thinking of picking it up for my daughter.

LordCanti

Can't purchase VVVVV from the client or the store :/ 15 to go.

Store page loads fine in browser and in client. It's the process of actually adding it to cart that isn't working.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
2K sent their ninja assassins to kill Steam for leaving the Infinite season pass price error up for SEVEN HOURS

store front loaded for me along with the community vote error, maybe a lot of people are interested in seeing what the final flash deals will be in 15 mins?

hitmon

I can get to the store page. Just as expected, my vote doesn't count in the Community's Choice. Shows what I voted for and 0% across the board.

Awesome, was waiting all sale long for YNAB to go on daily deal, seems I snatched it up and got the key before Steam collapsed. Just that and FF7 for the sale - I think I'm getting better at controlling my impulse spending, knowing that I might as well wait and buy later when I have enough games waiting to be played already.

I've been waiting for Legend of Grimrock to go on sale for the whole Christmas sale. I wake up today to find out it's $3. Click on add to cart. Steam's dead. Sale runs out in 10 minutes...

Is it normal for Steam to go down twice during the sale or are there other conspiracy theorists out there like me who are wondering if the Steam outages, the Eshop outages and the recent LoL hack attacks are more than just coincidences?

*puts on tin foil hat*

Gonna let Rayman slip away, I have it on Vita and havent even played that port yet, so I'll wait for another sale when hopefully we'll get some Rayman pack deals. Slight regret but eh, I got PLENTY in this sale to play now. (Though Valdis tempts me - tried raising money with trading cards but still far short of it)

denx

For anyone who's played Audiosurf, do you think a six year old could play it?

Not sure what the game mechanics are like.. is it like Tetris, collecting blocks that go away when you get enough of them stacked?

etc

Thinking of picking it up for my daughter.

Have you watched videos of the game on YouTube? That should give you an idea of how's the game like. The game has a number of difficulty settings, in case the stuff hapenning on-screen gets too fast / intense for your daughter.

As for the mechanics, it depends on the gamemode you're playing. I honestly can't give you an assestment of the different gamemodes because the only mode I play (and this is true for most people who play Audiosurf) is Mono, which consists on hitting the colored blocks while avoiding the grey blocks. Is a very simple mode but imo the best one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom