• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam reviews have really put a damper on my impulse buying. I was about to pull the trigger on Rogue Legacy, Mark of the Ninja, and EU IV, but started reading the 'negative' reviews and said, "Naw, that sounds crap." Funny thing is, I still feel a sense of disappointment, but now I get it for free.

Steam reviews have really put a damper on my impulse buying. I was about to pull the trigger on Rogue Legacy, Mark of the Ninja, and EU IV, but started reading the 'negative' reviews and said, "Naw, that sounds crap." Funny thing is, I still feel a sense of disappointment, but now I get it for free.

Rouge Legacy is one of my GOTY. But it

Eternia

Valdis Story's soundtrack is phenomenal. I put it on my iTunes wish list, hopefully it gets cheaper then $15.
It certainly is from what I've heard so far. The game is pretty fun too doesn't hurt. For the most part, slick and responsive controls with a lot of tools at your disposal. Really scratches that metroidvania for me as well.

FloatOn

I've started the arduous process of modding fallout 3. I've never modded a game outside of the dark souls fix so wish me luck.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Valdis Story's soundtrack is phenomenal. I put it on my iTunes wish list, hopefully it gets cheaper then $15.

Not to discourage you from buying it, but the whole soundtrack is right there in Ogg Vorbis format if you open the install folder. Right Click > Properties > Local Files > Browse Local Files.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Any impressions on Contrast? Its only $3.74 on GMG.

Is it back in stock? I have it on ps4 and it runs like shit, and unfortunately (I had high hopes) it doesn't play much better. Great art tho

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Oh thank jebus, I thought it was something on my end. Just as I wanted to download Don't Starve and play it.

Dr Dogg

I've started the arduous process of modding fallout 3. I've never modded a game outside of the dark souls fix so wish me luck.

Go on to Nexus and grab FalloutModManager (there's an identical version for New Vegas). Makes installing and enabling/disabling mods a breeze.

I'll dig you out a link in a tic.

Edit: Here you go.

FauX

Why can't I access to Steam?! It says: "the steam store is experiencing some heavy load right now".

Does something good happened?

I keep going back and forth on Slender: The Arrival.

I tried the free version, and thought it was a little boring. It had good atmosphere and was interesting, but the lack of gamey mechanics bored me. Same thing happened with Amnesia. But then Outlast was great (still haven't finished, but plan on it. I just got to the sewers). I can't decide if I'm warming up to the no-combat games, or if Outlast is just that well done.

jediyoshi

9eAvWMW.jpg

legacyzero

Banned
How DAAAAAAARRREEE you list Rogue Legacy! :p

Colin.

There must be a Bad Rats giveaway going on this time. Only reasonable explanation for the servers to come to a halt.

kyo2004

When finally I have time for redeem some Steam keys from Humble Store...

Steam is down... :/...

Nice year opening... xD...

FloatOn

Go on to Nexus and grab FalloutModManager (there's an identical version for New Vegas). Makes installing and enabling/disabling mods a breeze.

I'll dig you out a link in a tic.

Already got it. Apparently the latest version works for new vegas as well. I've been referring to the gaf thread on the essentials. So far I have fellout. I will probably get project beauty and an hd texture pack as well. The only thing I'm kind of unsure of is where to put these mod files. I've just been placing them in the data folder of the game.

Pretty sure these are unclaimed.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-131257D7BD7260A9
The Ship -- MB-880143E2EEB0A90B

t1388625755z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom