• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

Well hopefully this Modbot stuff gets sorted out tomorrow sometime. Hopefully all the entries in the Ys giveaway won't have to redo anything. Going to head to bed though, so tomorrow morning will hopefully bring good news!

Volimar

I'm doomed to go without legend of grimrock. Missed it on the steam sale, and then tried to get it through the humble bundle store and amazon put a manual hold on the transaction...

uVLhznQ.png

#thuglife.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Any US gaffer that wants / can help me get a couple of games from amazon? Still not jiving with the whole fake address thing :(

Also if there is a specific place to ask that I apologize

Next sale I'll make a hiddens deal thread. I would of this sale, but on a trip.

To be honest, the days of great hidden deals seem to be over. If a game isn't featured it seems to be 50%.

Of the 80 games I've wishlisted, only 1 is 75% off (ion assault), with 3 others 66% (megabyte punch, kinetic void and stardrive).

None of which I really care to purchase.

Inventory expiry dates are in local time. So:

Evidence for the sale ending in ~12.5 hours:
- The news posts mentioning January 2nd at the end date
- Current offers ending in ~12.5 hours

Evidence against the sale ending in ~12.5 hours:
- The banner, of all things
- The cards are set to expire "once the sale ends" (January 3rd @ 11am PST, or an hour after the store update)

You'd think Valve would know how to run a sale by now. :p

Edit: Oh, and to those with whom I split a Damned four-pack, the money has been received. I'm just waiting for my trader to return.

They're just Best (west) coast centric, they should use UTC.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
To be honest, the days of great hidden deals seem to be over. If a game isn't featured it seems to be 50%.

Of the 80 games I've wishlisted, only 1 is 75% off (ion assault), with 3 others 66% (megabyte punch, kinetic void and stardrive).

None of which I really care to purchase.

I don't agree fully, I made a topic during the Autumn Sale, and there were many games that were cheaper than they had ever been before on sale on secret hidden pages. This sale is no exception, I picked up some games that were cheaper than ever before or hadn't been on sale before, I just didn't make a topic on it.

I don't agree fully, I made a topic during the Autumn Sale, and there were many games that were cheaper than they had ever been before on sale on secret hidden pages. This sale is no exception, I picked up some games that were cheaper than ever before or hadn't been on sale before, I just didn't make a topic on it.

Yeah but my wishlist is definitive.

Origin

no thanks.

You have to install Origin to play it...but that also means you get to uninstall Origin when you are done! So it works out in the end.
Deal is US only by the way (or at least region restricted for Aus).

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm probably just going to use enhanced Steam, go to my wishlist, sort by discount percentage, and buy stuff that hasn't been lower.

Sajjaja

Ok?

I really don't understand not buying a game you (probably?) want because it uses Origin. Origin isn't the devils hell hole it is made out to be.

OF COURSE IT IS BECAUSE IT ISN'T STEAM. GABEN BAN THIS DUDE.

Mass Effect 3 is worth it. I double dipped. Origin works just fine. I agree with you.

denx

Another licensed game bites the dust:

All the crap that has been going on with licensed games makes me really glad I grabbed Fall of Cybertron on that flash sale. It doesn't seems likely that Acti will drop the Transformers license anytime soon, but still, better safe than sorry.

edit: Can't these cards drop faster? god

Weird question: but does anyone have any of the 72 hour guest keys for Nether? Looks pretty cool, but I'd like to try it before I drop some green on it.

dani_dc

- The news posts mentioning January 2nd as the end date

- The cards are set to expire "once the sale ends" (January 3rd @ 11am PST, or an hour after the store update)

I'm assuming that the regular sales will end today, and that the "Best-of sales repeat" will start and last until the 3rd.

Another licensed game bites the dust:

That's one game I'm glad I got for cheap on GetGamesGo, simple but entertaining collection of short-games.

I especially enjoyed Archery.

Grief.exe

- The news posts mentioning January 2nd as the end date

Edit: Oh, and to those with whom I split a Damned four-pack, the money has been received. I'm just waiting for my trader to return.

It also says new deals in 12 hours.

I wonder if the current deals ends in 12 due to the encore sale.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Is slender any good?

If you decide to buy it, get it here for $3.53. Part of a bundle that brings 6 other games. Almostheathen linked it two pages back.

"Slender: The Arrival impressions from phone:

Slender: The Arrival is my favorite Slender-related game. It's not very long, about 2-3 hours to beat the first time, but there is some good replaybility and some very cool secrets, including a very well hidden level (which is the scariest part of the game, holy shit). The game is created by the two people who made Slender who he is today, the guy who made the original Slender: Eight Pages, and with a story by Marble Hornets, the people who made the Marble Hornets Slender series of videos.

The game is actually a fair bit cinematic, not in the sense of how taking control or forced set-pieces or anything, but on how presentation, pacing, and progression are handled. You start out in day read making your way to the house of a close friend, but something is amiss...

The stages are actually quite varied. There is a stage that is just like the classic Slender grab pages style, but different stages hold different goals, threats, and legitimate feel quite a bit different. They have a remade version of the original Slender Eight Pages stage away from the story as well, if interested in that. I don't want to say too much for spoilers, but Slender: Eight Pages does not scare me, Arrival scares me several times. There's good randomization element as well, and difficulties and the like to keep things interesting.

If you don't mind its short length and the sort of cinematic flair it has, Slender is different than other titles in a sort of more coherent experience and budget to allow a more thorough adventure that still manages to be rather ambiguous."

Via DuskGolem

komorebi

Origin

no thanks.

You got a better way to play ME3 on PC?

Anti-non-Steam-DRM posts are tired. It is what it is and Origin/Uplay should never be a dealbreaker when the games are good. Deal with it.

EDIT: at least its not shitty DRM like GFWL or SecuRom. Origin and Uplay aren't that bad.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm assuming that the regular sales will end today, and that the "Best-of sales repeat" will start and last until the 3rd.

Well, last year the sale proper ended and there was an encore sale that was run in lieu of Weekend Deals. If the sale is in fact scheduled to end in 12 hours then I wouldn't be surprised if history repeats itself.

oipic

If anyone deserved to win anything Valdis related it was you.

Yep, agreed - congrats, PJ. Your enthusiasm for the game is infectious, so a snazzy Valdis Story art book has definitely found a right and proper home in your hands.

I might still grab the game myself, but want to try the demo first - I tend to be horrible at these games (although I'm really enjoying Dust at the moment).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Bah shoot sorry I should have looked better, just got home and a bit lazy form work.

No need to apologize lol. I would have quoted more by I got lazy and Casimir. There was another gaffer that said he liked the game and thought it was scary.

grimmiq

I'm going to play it safe and go by the Community Choice sales..If the sales do end in 12 hours, then in 4 hours when the Community Vote goes up, there shouldn't be 3 new games to choose from, right?

New Vote = Wait for tomorrow's deals
No Vote = Blow the last of my wallet on 50% deals.

Tagyhag

I'm going to play it safe and go by the Community Choice sales..If the sales do end in 12 hours, then in 4 hours when the Community Vote goes up, there shouldn't be 3 new games to choose from, right?

New Vote = Wait for tomorrow's deals
No Vote = Blow the last of my wallet on 50% deals.

Safe assumption to make. Hopefully I wake up before 10 if there's no new votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom