• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cth

Exactly the same as Binding of Issac. It's all about getting a good run with good items and hopefully making it to the end. I've been having the most fun joining random online games and playing the characters I've unlocked. (playing through on Easy to unlock characters is the smartest thing to do first).

Risk of Rain may be my favorite game and biggest surprise of the sale so far.

Wait.. Joining random games?!

I need to give that a try.. You don't need their IPs?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm thinking Stump took Modbot down for maintence or something. Modbot spit out a "this person won <x> card!" twice at me for my card-giveaway earlier today despite the fact that I didn't put in two of the same card. So it was a dupe and spit out two winners for one card, one from the normal raffle table and the other from... who knows.

(Of course, I probably broke modbot using it for cards without using it for keys in the sake of having a "fair-play" giveaway. Oops? Though people were able to get it to do giveaways later after that, even myself. So who knows)

Exactly the same as Binding of Issac. It's all about getting a good run with good items and hopefully making it to the end. I've been having the most fun joining random online games and playing the characters I've unlocked. (playing through on Easy to unlock characters is the smartest thing to do first).

Risk of Rain may be my favorite game and biggest surprise of the sale so far.

Thanks, I think I know what to spend the rest of my steam credit on now

Owensboro

Wait.. Joining random games?!

I need to give that a try.. You don't need their IPs?

You absolutely do need their IPs! Luckily, after reading through the steam forums, I found out that someone set up a page that lists all active servers, if they are open or in a game, and has a chat log where people will post their IPs and ports for people to join their games.

http://riskofrain.cyber-dev.net:11100/

It's not perfect, and sometimes you have to wait around for someone to start a game / for a game to get "Online" and "In Lobby" (you can't join one "Ingame"), but it's pretty fun to join a game of 10 people and see how far you can get. Only downside is I almost never get items because there are so many people.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
How come I dont see more people in here voting for Payday2?

A high chance was that it was on sale twice already this sale.

That said, I did vote for it, as I do like Payday 2. It's a lot of fun with friends, though I also feel that its a game I can only play in short bursts now. Of course, short bursts for me means one to three hours, so take that as you will.

zulux21

Hope we get Sonic Racing Transformed before the sale ends! I missed the $5 sale a couple weeks ago. :(

it's $5 on amazon right now. (edit... I am way to slow lol)

on a different note I can't seem to get Long live the queen to register playtime correctly. I boot it up, steam sees i boot it up, and by the time i get to the title screen steam no longer thinks i am in the game... I kind of want to get the trading cards but this is preventing that :/

anyone know how to fix this issue?

Owensboro

Thanks, I think I know what to spend the rest of my steam credit on now

Well, there are some caveats to the game unfortunately. Joining a server requires you know an IP and port, and hosting your own requires Port Forwarding. I'm really hoping some kind of future update brings a server browser or at least makes it easier to join random games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Right. Grief was just saying the 3rd vs. the 2nd. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding.

Oh, duh, sorry. The banner says the sale runs until the 3rd so I can only assume that portion of the news posts is a mistake.

Edit: Then again the current Dailies are simply marked as general Holiday Sale offers and end in just under 13 hours. *shrug*

it's $5 on amazon right now. (edit... I am way to slow lol)

on a different note I can't seem to get Long live the queen to register playtime correctly. I boot it up, steam sees i boot it up, and by the time i get to the title screen steam no longer thinks i am in the game... I kind of want to get the trading cards but this is preventing that :/

anyone know how to fix this issue?

Selecting OpenGL as the preferred renderer worked for me
  • Preferences > Video Settings > Preferred Renderer > OpenGL

Oh, duh, sorry. The banner says the sale runs until the 3rd so I can only assume that portion of the news posts is a mistake.

It's just the 12 hour countdown clocks on everything else that make me think otherwise. I don't remember any conflicts like this in previous sales. Weird.

Echoplx

What time zone is the trading cards expiry date in? It says this for me

Valid until 1/4/2014 5:00:00 AM

But I have no idea when that actually is in Australia.

EDIT: nvm, says on the FAQ page:

Jan 3rd 11am PST.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
So Don't Starve just drops you into this world without much guidance, huh? Liking the game so far.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What time zone is the trading cards expiry date in? It says this for me

Inventory expiry dates are in local time. So:

Evidence for the sale ending in ~12.5 hours:
- The news posts mentioning January 2nd as the end date
- Current offers ending in ~12.5 hours

Evidence against the sale ending in ~12.5 hours:
- The banner, of all things
- The cards are set to expire "once the sale ends" (January 3rd @ 11am PST, or an hour after the store update)

You'd think Valve would know how to run a sale by now. :p

Edit: Oh, and to those with whom I split a Damned four-pack, the money has been received. I'm just waiting for my trader to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom