• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Congrats(?) to Kirosia for winning the unlucky award :)

I've added you to my friend list.. as soon as you accept I'll send a copy of a game from your wishlist.

Good luck!

Oh hell, does this mean I'm your bitch now, because I've seen Oz and I'm too pretty to be torn up.

And thanks.

JavyOO7

Happy New Years from me! ... my new years resolution is to build a much more capable machine to play all these games. Damn right. =p

Coreda

Happy new year everyone! Changed my avatar for real pic jan just for kicks.

8 pages in 3 hours. Nothing stops this
Steam
train.

Happy New Years guys! Hopefully this is the year I finally get a gaming PC (how long have I been saying that????) and can participate more.

Happy New Year, SteamGAF from the bEast Coast.

Also great giveaway, Volcynika. I predict Modbot will give away some TitS in 2014. The more, the merrier I say.

Happy New Years guys! Hopefully this is the year I finally get a gaming PC (how long have I been saying that????) and can participate more.

Same here. I'm hoping 2014 will not only mark the first time I'm purchasing a gaming PC but also building my first gaming PC.

Cth

Ok, a bottle of Jack Daniels and half a bottle of Sake later..

I'm going to bed.

Happy New Years everybody!

Ban Puncher

GameFly is strict but for Amazon just add a US-based billing address to your account. I myself use the address of Google's CA-based HQ (you want to avoid states that charge sales tax on digital goods).

Wayne_s%20World%20-%20We_re%20not%20worthy.gif

Thanks duder.

Rogue Legacy is so addicting. 4.99$ on humble store now, get it. Steam key+DRM Free copy (doesn't hurt), no soundtrack though.

Also I'm so bad at this game..but it's still so much fun.

Spikes are the worst threat to my heros.

nbraun80

Rogue Legacy is so addicting. 4.99$ on humble store now, get it. Steam key+DRM Free copy (doesn't hurt), no soundtrack though.

Definitely agree, it's one of my favorites that I picked up during this sale. :)

Grief.exe

I've avoided 2D platformers for the last decade or so. I just started again in the last year or so and I am so bad.

Eleuin

bought mount and blade warband back when it was back on sale after enjoying the original demo

did a tournament and just thought it was the dumbest shit ever, don't think the gameplay will stay interesting for me much longer

happy new year though! lol

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Welp, I'm reposting the unclaimed DMC4 in a new giveaway:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-A48A63DD68AE65A7 - Taken by Kastrioti. 50 entrants total.

t1388565047z1.png

Some fireworks for the new year:
fireworks.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Forgot I had this key earlier this week. Not sure if anyone wants it but, here we go:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One -- MB-73B183B7B1B9A8AC - Taken by VikasNarula. 4 entrants total.

t1388555282z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Unclaimed DMC4? You people are bad people!

Reposting before bed.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Awesomenauts Cluck Costume -- MB-66F0625311526A40
Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel -- MB-A97349878140F688
McPixel -- MB-2A31BE1335F12F62
F.E.A.R. -- MB-8075E75249581CF0
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-DC1C270A32E15025
English Country Tune -- MB-7232F91BF0DBD091
Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-9B1F178EBA45B0AF
Broken Sword Director's Cut -- MB-9890ABB9E2A883F0
Awesomenauts -- MB-91BAA4DBDCC8C47D
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-66DAE33A0C2817D0
Bastion -- MB-3D695026634CAA52
F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin -- MB-002345AF6ED3B006
Frozen Synapse -- MB-D84AC75A10C60FDA
Sanctum Collection -- MB-83912D4848BFB889
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box -- MB-752E1958B7311034
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-E7C60DF478131D8F
Nightsky -- MB-FD1D20C2FAD0F9A6 - Taken by EdmondD
FTL Faster Than Light -- MB-A643A132039B1F68

t1388634752z1.png

Carm

Just finished The Swapper, capping me off at 50 games completed in 2013 and last of the year. I really need to burn through this Steam backlog, 414 Steam games installed. Some of them can't really be completed, so a little less than that to get through.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Pot meet kettle.

Hmm Pot or Kettle? I'm going to give it to Kettle here, more skill involved.

Sorry, that "does anyone collect PC games" thread reminded me some of the old titles.

Hrm, 3 games from 300.

Somewhere Jace and Xelious are laughing.

Somewhere from all these Steam sales I finally got over 200 games. Others may have more, but I'm personally going to enjoy my library than I would theirs, unless they invite me to family sharing.

Spikes are the worst threat to my heros.

Fortunately it's a game you can only get better at as you play, both in skill and by unlocking/finding/upgrading no matter how you play it. It's a game of constant progression.

As for Spikes? Aye awful, but fortunately there is a blessing you can get from certain statues to keep the floor spikes (not spring traps) from hurting you.

It's grindy but goddamn, it is one of my favorite games of 2013. It's in my personal Top 10 of last year.

Only if you want it to be or personally need it to be. I discovered you can get quite far without ever "grinding", albeit with more deaths, when you focus on just a few small upgrades to start with (cheap) and leave the rest to what you find in the castle. It's very much a game that can reward and let you get far just on skill.

bought mount and blade warband back when it was back on sale after enjoying the original demo

did a tournament and just thought it was the dumbest shit ever, don't think the gameplay will stay interesting for me much longer

happy new year though! lol

Have you tried any of the mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom