• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

Rogue Legacy or Valdis Story?
whynotboth.gif

Rogue Legacy seems more polished, but it's called Rogue Legacy due to being a roguelike which means randomized dungeons and a good chance of getting fucked countless times before you can actually beat the game (you DO build yourself up over generations.) If you want something that isn't randomized but may be rougher around the edges then get Valdis Story.

confuziz

Banned
whynotboth.gif

Rogue Legacy seems more polished, but it's called Rogue Legacy due to being a roguelike which means randomized dungeons and a good chance of getting fucked countless times before you can actually beat the game (you DO build yourself up over generations.) If you want that isn't randomized but may be rougher around the edges then get Valdis Story.

That seems fair. Personally I don't really like randomized dungeons (I think Diablo 3 also had them?) so I think Valdis is the better choice for me.

Activating bottom-feeder mode in a bid to find really cheap games to add to the cart in order to get that last card (because everything in my wishlist is either too expensive right now, somehow not interesting to me, or Miasmata, which for some reason I can't pull the trigger on). This IsThereAnyDeal link shows all non-DLC items sorted by price that are available on Steam. (Sadly, in some cases the cheapest price is actually elsewhere, but this doesn't happen too often.)

Also found this random Japanese game Unholy Heights, which has you renting out apartments to monsters and then having them fight off humans at night. Considering pulling the trigger.

Tizoc

Hmm...
If I buy SQ Collection
Mirage
Magic 2014+Expansion

I would get 3 cards which I can sell for a little income and get a game for under $2...

So GAF do I bite the bullet?
iToYPXo.png

Turfster

I crafted one yesterday but didn't get it then. Felt a little random. My first booster so. Yay.

You don't get a booster if you craft a badge yourself.
Every time you craft a badge, someone else gets a booster.
There should be a flood of boosters from all the people crafting winter badges (I hope)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No encore day from the looks of it, "The Steam Holiday Sale will run until 10AM PST, January 2nd."

http://store.steampowered.com/news

Yeah, all the news posts say as much. The confusion stemmed from the sale banner image stating the third and the Snow Globe FAQ mentioning that the cards expire "once the sale ends" with an exact date of January 3rd @ 11am PST (i.e. an hour after the store update).

Tizoc

You're going to spend 30$ to buy a 2$ game?
That seems wrong, somehow =p

Yeah I know what you mean lol, but it'd be like Spending $30 to get 4 games =V
...but seriously bite down on SQ Collection or hold off til the next sale and see if it goes for less in between?

Eusis

Honestly that'd kind of put me off out of principle. Why on Earth list it to the 3rd that implies that's the SALE duration and not the card/badge crap if it'll end a whole day beforehand? Is it the 3rd anywhere on Earth when it's 10 AM PST?

Hasney

Yo, what was the name of that interesting-looking food based game made by a Gaffer? Was waiting to see if it was coming in the encore thingy, but will grab it now instead.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah I know what you mean lol, but it'd be like Spending $30 to get 4 games =V
...but seriously bite down on SQ Collection or hold off til the next sale and see if it goes for less in between?

There's no harm in waiting. The games are owned by Acti (being Sierra titles) and the collection was a Daily at 75% back in May 2012.

Yo, what was the name of that interesting-looking food based game made by a Gaffer? Was waiting to see if it was coming in the encore thingy, but will grab it now instead.

Cook, Serve, Delicious.

Eusis

The TWD deal expires in 31 hours. It could be an encore deal.
Yeah, that's the weird thing. I'm guessing the way the encore's handled isn't going to be the same as before: JUST the most popular games, everything else gets thrown back to normal prices but maybe a weekend deal.

omg_mjd

Anyone play both the mobile and PC versions of Terraria?

I'm planning to pick up a Galaxy Note 8.0 soon and was wondering if I should just get the Android version of the game instead.

Hasney

About to just browse the rest of the sale to see if anything is worth it that didn't come up daily/flash.

Wish me luck.

Alastor

Bought Serious Sam 3 + DLC. My third sale game, after Episode 2 and Legend of Grimrock.

Pretty good for a gaming budget that was close to zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom