• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well it's been sat on my wishlist since 11 Jan 2011 and I left it on there after getting pulled in vain hope it would return and now that it's in e works I'm a bit like mañana. King Kong and Tintin might be a shot in the dark but stranger things have happened, Ubi might require the licences or something
believe

Second Sight and Fahrenheit next. I know Quantic blew you off with "it's on GOG" but if we all club together... well we probably will do their PR depts nuts in but at least we would have tried.

King Kong and Tintin are still available elsewhere; they're just not on Steam because reasons. I'm actually surprised the King Kong licence hasn't expired considering the game is more than 8 years old.

It's entirely possible that Ubi has opted to use new apps for King Kong and Tintin (similar to Codemasters with the presumably GFWL-free builds of Fuel and Dirt 2), but despite hell apparently freezing over I'm not getting my hopes up.

Edit: Oh, and yeah, Crytek and Quantic needs to get off their respective bums and self-publish Second Sight/Fahrenheit on Steam already.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
To clarify: If a game you wanted to pick-up wasn't a daily deal or flash sale or whatever, and you want to buy it this sale, now is the time to do it as most all games will be reverting to regular prices in an hour and a half. There will be an Encore Sale, which will put the most popular daily/flash sales on their daily/flash sale prices one last time, but 'regular' games will no longer be on sale, so if you want them, now's the time.

Curious_George

Neo Member
Regret skipping: Antichamber, I dont know what I was thinking, the price point was nice.

Same here. I'm not sure if I missed it or was too undecided at the time to pick it up, but now I regret not grabbing it. That's my problem with the early day sales, if I am not absolutely decided on a game I tend to pass with the expectation I'll see it come around again (figured at least Humble would have a deal). But so far I haven't seen it since. Hoping it might come back for Encore but not expecting that to happen.

Tenrius

Tell me about Star Conflict please. Is that a good game? I'm a big fan of Wing Commander and space combat in general and it looks pretty sexy. I also got a sticker for it from the winter sale badge.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
To clarify: If a game you wanted to pick-up wasn't a daily deal or flash sale or whatever, and you want to buy it this sale, now is the time to do it as most all games will be reverting to regular prices in an hour and a half. There will be an Encore Sale, which will put the most popular daily/flash sales on their daily/flash sale prices one last time, but 'regular' games will no longer be on sale, so if you want them, now's the time.

aka last chance for BAD RATS @ $0.49 (90% off)!!

Zafir

Is simplycdkeys.com legit?

$5.xx for XCOM Declassified seems like a decent deal.
As I mentioned before it sells legit UK retail copies but the cd keys might not be uk copies. They'll be region free and you will get them without issue but they can be from another country. As an example the Lost Planet 3 code I got from them was an Asian key.

Tenrius

It seems World in Conflict is never getting a 75% off, so I bought it at the current 50% off. Pay attention, RTS fans!

what is the one game people regret not getting, the one game you skipped because the deal was shit and the one game people wish had gotten a (good) deal? for me its easily:

Regret skipping: Antichamber, I dont know what I was thinking, the price point was nice.

Skipped because of bad deal: Gone Home. wasnt bad per se, but the fact that its been 75% before and not it was only 66% stank of "oh we have GOTY nominations so lets jack the price" and it annoyed me

Wish had gotten a deal: Naruto UNS3 because I only played the first and loved it

Regret skipping: 7 Grand Steps What Ancients Begat

Skipped because of bad deal: Space Rangers HD. I really want this, and even now I am tempted... but 20% is simply not enough. I'll have to wait for a better sale

Wish had gotten a deal: Joe Danger 1 & 2 (and especially since the poor flooded devs would probably welcome an extra boost in sales). I'm still considering whether to pick it up anyway. Anyone have any impressions to share?

no, it was 5 bucks on both steam and the humble store in the autumm sale just a few weeks ago

ah yes, I have that receipt. I got confused with the price of "outlast".
People were advising each other to wait for the winter sale since the prices wouldn't change, they were wrong.

nexen

This is the worst stage of the sale for me.

During sale: this game I've never heard of before is only $2.50, how bad can it be?

At end of sale: this game I've wanted forever is only $2.50, but I've spent so much already I can't afford it.

Waiting for the dailies has its downsides for me.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Hey look! NETHER is back on sale again! It's awesome!

Yeah, I went ahead and bought it last night. It's weird you have to connect to a server to mess with the settings, but I was a bit disappointed in no female characters to choose from. I should give it an actual go a bit later.

Kadin

Morning GAF! Has there been any type of confirmation as to what will happen with non-Daily/Flash games come 10am PT? Will only those games listed be on sale and the rest will be back to full price?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Morning GAF! Has there been any type of confirmation as to what will happen with non-Daily/Flash games come 10am PT? Will only those games listed be on sale and the rest will be back to full price?
Looks that way, which also happened in the summer sale, so basically almost 100% likely.

The_Monk

Hey look! NETHER is back on sale again! It's awesome!

Nope, nope, nope. Stop it BRAVE SOUL. I better watch a stream of yours, put it full-screen and pretend it's me playing it! LOl.

Wait, what?

Does this mean you thought it was shady? Or you found it for even cheaper somehow?

Oh no, I just said that because I wanted to avoid spending more. That's it. A quick google search gave me the green light on the site, I'll just skip it.

StAidan

I came into this sale thinking I'd get my wishlist down to single digits, but instead I went from 39 items to 19. I guess a 50% reduction isn't bad.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Does anyone else just run the game once to mess with the settings beforehand after purchasing? I find it upsetting when there are story cut-scenes when I immediately start a game up though. (This first happened to me when I first booted up The Witcher + The Witcher 2.)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Regret skipping: Barbie's Dreamhouse Party. It's going to be my 3000th game and I assume the worst when it comes to the longevity of licensed games.

Skipped because of a bad deal: Planetary Annihilation. I didn't have enough spare cash to justify the $34 expense.

Wish had gotten a better deal: Guardians of Middle-earth. I only paid $18 for the Mithril Edition but I was hoping for 66%+ off.

Kadin

I'm kinda surprised to see the snow globes still holding their 14-15 cent price as of now. Maybe this time tomorrow they'll drop a bit more? Already have the badge but I wouldn't mind leveling it a few times to get some added XP.

Lain

Looking back, I spent much more than I thought, especially factoring in all the purchases on all the other stores for steam keys.

Not going to post a list because no one cares about what I did or didn't buy, but I did make one to look at it myself and after I did, I better learn some restraint for the next time there's a Steam sale.

If any of you guys like turn-based strategy, get on Future Wars. Had it on XBox and didn't know it was on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/46440

£0.87!

Looks like Nintendo's Advance Wars series, is it similar?

Looking back, I spent much more than I thought, especially factoring in all the purchases on all the other stores for steam keys.

Not going to post a list because no one cares about what I did or didn't buy, but I did make one to look at it myself and after I did, I better learn some restraint for the next time there's a Steam sale.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/227320/

ChaoticEko

Neo Member
I'm kinda surprised to see the snow globes still holding their 14-15 cent price as of now. Maybe this time tomorrow they'll drop a bit more? Already have the badge but I wouldn't mind leveling it a few times to get some added XP.

globes expire tomorrow.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I was wondering, did previous Hitman titles have a better discount while Absolution was daily? I forgot to check.

The worst part is by the next sale games you got now will be even cheaper and you didn't play them, that is the worst feeling.

Grief.exe

If any of you guys like turn-based strategy, get on Future Wars. Had it on XBox and didn't know it was on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/46440

£0.87!

Turn-based strategy you say?

valkyria_chronicles_ssiu34.jpg

I was wondering, did previous Hitman titles have a better discount while Absolution was daily? I forgot to check.

steamprices.com

ChaoticEko

Neo Member
Correct, which I assume means they might finally drop a bit more? Or maybe they'll go up? I couldn't see why but who knows... lol

idk. you can fashion summer badges still. cards are real cheap. like 6-10 cents cheap when i made two the other day.

Kadin

Trying to buy snow globe cards on the cheap is the hardest game ive ever played. Shit moves so fast.

I swear that some people have some type of macro setup for that. You can only click "Buy Now" and then the sentence to accept the terms and then "Purchase" so fast. I am never, EVER able to get any there are a good bit cheaper than the rest.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is 10000000 the longest game ever, or does score scale a lot later on? I have 2 hours and Im only at 500k :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom