• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turn-based strategy you say?

valkyria_chronicles_ssiu34.jpg

steamprices.com
That's a pretty good shop image. I checked the store just in case. >_> So what is included in the "Extra" edition grief?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.

For a second, I thought this pic was real. :(
A couple more then one, to be exact. That's a pretty good mock-up. Complete collection kills it, though.

Kadin

idk. you can fashion summer badges still. cards are real cheap. like 6-10 cents cheap when i made two the other day.

Yeah I got my Summer Badge at level 5 and have 2 complete sets of cards still but can't level it any higher for some reason. Anyone know if 5 was max? I'm pretty sure this winter badge can be crafted up to 100.

Dr Dogg

King Kong and Tintin are still available elsewhere; they're just not on Steam because reasons. I'm actually surprised the King Kong licence hasn't expired considering the game is more than 8 years old.

It's entirely possible that Ubi has opted to use new apps for King Kong and Tintin (similar to Codemasters with the presumably GFWL-free builds of Fuel and Dirt 2), but despite hell apparently freezing over I'm not getting my hopes up.

Edit: Oh, and yeah, Crytek and Quantic needs to get off their respective bums and self-publish Second Sight/Fahrenheit on Steam already.

Well that's just stupid. And it's not like Ubi are afraid of money, I keep on getting Uplay marketing emails (despite removing myself evey ruddy time they send me one) telling me about the 750+ games they have for sale. Talk about trying have your cake and eat it but neglecting to serve it to your most chumminess chum (if Steam is their best chum in the DD world).

I think Second Sight has the Hitman Contracts issue of a copyright piece of music is included but for what ever silly reason it didn't get patched out and the game ended up getting removed from everywhere. At least Rockstar know what they're doing with music and the older GTA's. Don't know it's it's Free Raidcal's/Crytek's or Coddies IP to sort that out though.

Right I'm off to write some angry emails to Disney about the silly prices they must have authorised for the LucasArts section and why oh why aren't they putting Grim Fandango, DotT et al on GOG. Can't imagine that will go down too well.

denx

Regret skipping: The Last Remnant and Unity of Command, yet again. :(

Skipped because of a bad deal:
Splinter Cell Elite Echelon Edition, which didn't go on sale when Blacklist did. Freaking Ubisoft.

Wish had gotten a better deal: 99 Spirits, unless I missed it on a Flash or Community sale.

steamprices.com

Why do you mess with my heart like this? :(
Nice mockup.

Yeah I got my Summer Badge at level 5 and have 2 complete sets of cards still but can't level it any higher for some reason. Anyone know if 5 was max? I'm pretty sure this winter badge can be crafted up to 100.
5 is the max for the normal one in the Summer sale badge.
Checking out PalmDesert's profile. He has a level 100 Foil Winter 2013 Badge and a Level 721 normal Winter 2013 Badge.

Maybe level 1,000 is the limit for the normal one?

Sullichin

I crafted a god damn badge and I got a path of exile common item that's worth like 2 cents :(

Checking out PalmDesert's profile. He has a level 100 Foil Winter 2013 Badge and a Level 721 normal Winter 2013 Badge.

What the fuck. How is this even possible.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I swear that some people have some type of macro setup for that. You can only click "Buy Now" and then the sentence to accept the terms and then "Purchase" so fast. I am never, EVER able to get any there are a good bit cheaper than the rest.
It's against the TOS and AFAIK Valve will actually ban your account if you're discovered...but yeah, there are bots/scripts.

I've been watching palmdesert go all in on the normal badge in realtime. Earlier this morning he was at 621. I was trying to check his inventory to see maybe how many sets he's got saved up but it kept timing out. How high will he go?!

edit: ...dammit zerokoolpsx :mad:

StAidan

I crafted a god damn badge and I got a path of exile common item that's worth like 2 cents :(

I've crafted a couple rare items and they weren't even selling on the market at $0.03. At those rates, I don't think any of us will be the next Gaben.

Link Man

Banned

But you got XP, which increases your chances of card booster pack drops for games you've already earned all the cards for. (These chances only increase every 10 levels, though.)

legacyzero

Banned
Yeah, I went ahead and bought it last night. It's weird you have to connect to a server to mess with the settings, but I was a bit disappointed in no female characters to choose from. I should give it an actual go a bit later.

Yeah, it's early access, so they're still adding content. Perhaps that's something that needs to be/ already has been addressed on their forum?

IIRC, they have female NPC's in some safe zones, but they don't interact well, yet.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think Second Sight has the Hitman Contracts issue of a copyright piece of music is included but for what ever silly reason it didn't get patched out and the game ended up getting removed from everywhere. At least Rockstar know what they're doing with music and the older GTA's. Don't know it's it's Free Raidcal's/Crytek's or Coddies IP to sort that out though.

Ah, I assumed that publishing rights reverted back to Crytek as it owns the IP. I've never played the game so I have no idea if it uses music that could cause issues.

Right I'm off to write some angry emails to Disney about the silly prices they must have authorised for the LucasArts section and why oh why aren't they putting Grim Fandango, DotT et al on GOG. Can't imagine that will go down too well.

The things I'd do to see Lego Pirates on Steam...

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Winter items are certain to go up in price later as they're not going to be craftable as the cards will disappear, so I'd hold onto them.

Wolfie5

Less than 1 hour left of Holiday sale.

Expect people complaining that sales is suppose to last 1 more day.

Probably only encore the last day.

Grief.exe

I was freaking out for a second and prepared to buy damn you Grief!

Stop messing with my heart, you meanie!

That's a pretty good shop image. I checked the store just in case. >_> So what is included in the "Extra" edition grief?

For a second, I thought this pic was real. :(
A couple more then one, to be exact. That's a pretty good mock-up. Complete collection kills it, though.

:(

Not nice grief, not nice....

Why do you mess with my heart like this? :(
Nice mockup.

Don't play games with my heart Grief.

Dammit, don't do that to me. :'(

Oh you bastard.

Sorry for the deception guys, but if you are all interested we are going to get the #SegaPCPorts campaign started again in the next week. Lend us your voice and we can get this done.

f6ZNoRY.png

Pointless to start a campaign this week, btw, as it would conflict with a Shenmue one.

Copons

Sorry for the deception guys, but if you are all interested we are going to get the #SegaPCPorts campaign started again in the next week. Lend us your voice and we can get this done.

f6ZNoRY.png

Pointless to start a campaign this week, btw, as it would conflict with a Shenmue one.

There's a Shenmue campaign going on right now? I've lost track of the dedicated thread so I don't know anything!

Anyway, this stuff is going somewhere? Like, have they somehow answered?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

What the fuck. How is this even possible.

It isn't much better, but if you don't want that I'll trade you a Ragnarok Online item I crafted worth 3 cents. I play some Path of Exile and would use the item.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm not sure the demand will increase. just like with the summer cards, there is no appeal to getting a set.
No, I mean, the Winter Cards are going to literally disappear from everyone's inventories tomorrow (the cards have an expiration date), so the items crafted from the cards should go up in price down the line as they will no longer be craftable.

Ptaaty

Since I want to keep it sale related, here is my haul with a quick thought on each. Interestingly, nearly all were due to GAF hivemind recommendations, only DMC, Dust and CoJ were on my list coming in. Put off xcom EW and Metro LL hoping for Amazon EC. The most amazing thing is my total price was right around one new release retail ($60-70)

Buy nows:

Valdis Story: Abyssal City
2 hours, A+, can see this will be amazing.

Rogue Legacy
A+, 16 hours, surprise awesome game of the sale. Rogue elements but carryover RPG elements to "offspring" with random traits. Probably the best of this game type to a newbie. Really tight controls. Gets too hard too fast if you avoid all grinding though.

Guacamelee! Gold Edition
B+, complete. metroidvania - lite. Heavy on platforming elements after the first hour or so. Pretty well balanced.

Great but might not be for everyone:
Don't Starve Gift
2 hours, finally a survival game I get. Rogue/no carry over getting annoying after I die.

Call of Juarez Gunslinger Retail
Completed, B, fun action game very linear, but entertaining

Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Completed 100%, great art, gut punch story, over hyped IMO, short, gameplay is secondary

The Swapper
Amazing atmosphere, puzzles are tough! Some type of Abe Oddysee puzzler reborn in an awesome setting, story.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition
25 hours, done, B. Too long for its own good with first 3 chapters garbage. Overall very happy with it though. GoW with better story and puzzles, less fodder ememies. Rails camera did OK.

Need more time, but don't regret buying yet:

Bioshock Infinite Season Pass
1 hour, price error, different feel than expected.

Outlast
1 hour, too scary to play at night alone, at actually had to stop because I was absolutely sweating...before I even saw an enemy...seems well done

Risk of Rain GIFT
<1 hour no thoughts

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
haven't started

Spelunky
2 hours, I see the potential, but no carryover (true Rogue) makes it hard for me to invest time, play through gain knowledge only. Hard

Dust: An Elysian Tail
1 hour, having issues with emo voices and companion. Seems very linear if this is a metroidvania it is very lite. Might be my disappointment of the sale, but can still turn around.

DmC Devil May Cry Retail
havent started

Someone posted a picture in one of the sales threads of a level 1000 badge.

No, I mean, te Winter Cards are going to literally disappear from everyone's inventories tomorrow (the cards have an expiration date), so the items crafted from the cards should go up in price down the line as they will no longer be craftable.

I understood, I was just saying that it will happen just like the summer cards, nobody cares if they can't be crafted.

Bought a £20 voucher in GAME for the final haul. Trying to convince myself on X-COM : Enemy Unknown. I have no nostalgia towards the original, because I never played it. I'm not big on RTS games either; the last one I played was Command & Conquer on the PS1. I do like the look of X-COM and the basic concept behind it.

The next flash sale will be the last one, right?

f6ZNoRY.png

I don't have a twitter account, but I'll give you all of my moral support.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
No, I mean, te Winter Cards are going to literally disappear from everyone's inventories tomorrow (the cards have an expiration date), so the items crafted from the cards should go up in price down the line as they will no longer be craftable.
Not gonna happen for those with a count of 90k, it may work for some dota/tf2 rare and up items since those are less than 9k.

Grief.exe

There's a Shenmue campaign going on right now? I've lost track of the dedicated thread so I don't know anything!

Anyway, this stuff is going somewhere? Like, have they somehow answered?

Sega never replies to these type of campaigns, you can only hope for results.

Tizoc

Yo hold up, Gamersgate has King Kong? Michael Ancel worked on that game right?
Has it ever gone on sale for under $10? Cuz if not I might grab it off GG in the coming days.
One thing though; does this ver. of the game work on Windows 8 and how is it compared to the 360 ver.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom