• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

I have 5 more in my inventory, hoping to do a modbot blind giveaway with some other games i have.

Modbot foresee this act of horror coming, and thus rid itself of the ability to lavish joy upon SteamGAF. A life sacrificed is not necessarily a life proffered in vain.

Garcia

Got these:

Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition DLC
Mark of the Ninja
Super Meat Boy
Age of Empires II
Trine 2: Complete Story
PixelJunk Eden
Spelunky
Dust: An Elysian Tail
FEZ
Don't Starve
FEAR 2: Project Origin Retail
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord
World of Goo
Orcs Must Die 2 - Complete Pack Retail
Hotline Miami
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Super Hexagon
Sacrifice
Dark Souls

Dr Dogg

There were nondescript app updates here and there but several Ubi apps were updated at about the same time so they were pretty useless in determining intent. This is the first clear sign that Ubi finally plans to patch the game and put it back up on the store. I also mentioned King Kong and Tintin in my e-mail, but unfortunately those apps are as quiet as ever.

Well it's been sat on my wishlist since 11 Jan 2011 and I left it on there after getting pulled in vain hope it would return and now that it's in e works I'm a bit like mañana. King Kong and Tintin might be a shot in the dark but stranger things have happened, Ubi might require the licences or something
believe

Second Sight and Fahrenheit next. I know Quantic blew you off with "it's on GOG" but if we all club together... well we probably will do their PR depts nuts in but at least we would have tried.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I Have No Mouth And I Must Screen was (probably?) my last purchase this sale

unless Antichamber shows up again in the encore, still kicking myself for skipping that

Radio

I plan on purchasing an Oculus Rift this year, i'll do a twitch stream and make sure to have a webcam on my face so you can hear/see my reactions. should be good.

SNOW + Oculus will be mindblowing. (if SNOW turns into a good game)

luowgm.gif

Jenks

Banned
Lord of the Rings Online patcher can go to hell its been patching thousands of files all bloody day:(
1hour to download 18gb in steam then all day for the game client to patch them Dat files, just hope it finishs today,

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what is the one game people regret not getting, the one game you skipped because the deal was shit and the one game people wish had gotten a (good) deal? for me its easily:

Regret skipping: Antichamber, I dont know what I was thinking, the price point was nice.

Skipped because of bad deal: Gone Home. wasnt bad per se, but the fact that its been 75% before and not it was only 66% stank of "oh we have GOTY nominations so lets jack the price" and it annoyed me

Wish had gotten a deal: Naruto UNS3 because I only played the first and loved it

NotSelf

My goal for this sale was not to go over $5 on a single game mission accomplished.

The Bridge 1.49
Costume Quest 2.49
Psychonauts 2.50
Ys I and II Chronicles 3.74
Stacking 2.49
Rise of the Triad 2.99
Braid 1.99
Shelter 2.49
The Cave 3.74
Morrowind Game of the Year 4.99
World of Goo 0.99
Tomb Raider 4.99
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara 3.75
SEGA 5 3.75
Another World 2.49
Nihilumbra 2.99
PixelJunk Eden 0.99
Fallout: New Vegas 2.49
Ys Origin 4.99
Ys The Oath in Felghana 3.74
Valdis Story: Abyssal City 3.74
Two Tribes Pack 4.59
Hammerwatch 3.39

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Should I craft normal game badges now and get snow globes or should I just wait until after the sale
Alternative you may not have considered: wait until the next event sale with cards. If the previous sales are anything to go by, cards will start dropping as badge rewards a few days ahead of time. So once you hear about that, you can start forging badges and get in while the nascent market is (potentially) at its highest. Upthread xelios was talking about how some dude bought up foils at $6 to $10 each before the sale started in a massively misguided attempt to corner the market. You could potentially make bank off those kinds of mistakes.

There aren't many benefits to forging badges right away anyway. The 5 slot friends list expansion is nice but most people don't need it, the accompanying items are often worthless, and most of the time the coupon is a less-than-thrilling discount on a game you didn't really want anyway.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
My December Haul (not including anything from bundles):

Bought for myself:
-Viscera Cleanup Duty: Santa's Revenge
-Shadow Warrior
-Ballpoint Universe
-Two Brothers (finally got Steam key for kick startin)
-Blade Symphony
-Legen of Dungeon
-Castle Crashers Blacksmith DLC
-Castle Crashers Pink Knight DLC
-The King of Fighters XIII
-Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ All You Can Eat Edition
-Aliens Colonial Marines
-R.I.P.D The Game
-Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
-Far Cry 3 Deluxe
-Safecracker 2
-AAAaaaaAaAaAaa!! For the Awesome
-Flotilla
-Winterbottom
-Mishap: An Accidental Haunting
-Aura Fate of Ages
-Bit.Trip.Void
-Watchmen: The End is Nigh Bundle
-Desperados Collection
-Cyan Complete 2012
-Glowfish
-Wargame: European Esculation
-UnEpic
-Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
-Morrowind GOTY Edition
-Prison Architech
-Steam Marines
-The Raven
-The Sum of All Fears
-CSI: Hard Evidence
-Mini Ninjas
-Secret Files: Puritas Cordis
-Yar's Revenge
-Babel Rising
-Delver
-Likly Looking Through
-Fist Puncher +DLC
-Hexodus
-Day One: Garry's Incident
-Dark Matter
-Secret Files 3
-Shadows: Price For Our Sins
-Dark Fall Collection
-Tiny Thief
-Metro: Last Light Season Pass
-Doom 3: BFG Edition
-SiN Episode 1
-Action Indie
-Season of Mystery: The Cherry blosom Murder
-The Otherside: Realm of Eons
-Hunting Unlimited 2010
-Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
-Septerra Core
-Demolition Inc. DLC Levels
-Teleglitch Guns & Tunes DLC
-Deadpool DLC
-Valdis Story: Abyssal City
-Blood Knights

Bought for others:
-Resident Evil 6 (3 copies)
-Resident Evil Revelations
-Cold Fear (2 copies)
-Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
-The King of Fighters XIII
-Long Live the Queen
-FATE
-Alone in the Dark 5
-Alone in the Dark New Nightmare
-Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (3 copies)
-The Wonderful End of the World
-R.I.P.D The Game
-Skullgirls
-Final Exam (8 copies)
-Don't Starve
-Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut
-How To Survive (2 copies)
-Contagion (2 copies)
-Outlast
-Tomb Raider Map Pack DLC
-Counter-Strike: Source

Gifted to me:
-Final Fantasy VIII
-Steamworld
-Savant: Ascent
-Starbound
-Perfection
-RPG Maker XP
-Blockland
-Dishonored
-Electronic Super Joy DLC
-Nancy Drew & the Creature of Kapu Cave
-Secret Files: Tunguska
-BIT.TRIP Runner 2
-Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Deluxe Edition
-Wizardy 6, 7, & 8
-Toy Soldiers
-Deadpool
-DayZ

Non-Steam Games Bought:
-Fort Zombie
-OPERATION ANNUNAKI: The Curse of Enki
-Shadowplay: Journey to Wonderland

yuraya

So this was my first steamgaf experience and I must admit its been incredible. Received so much good insight on so many games. Thanks everyone! feel free to add me if you'd like a friend :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Yuraya

Also is there any way someone can send me invite to the Neogaf group in steam? thnks.

GaussTek

So, if I'm still interested on a game that was waiting to go on flash/daily, I should get it now right? (I thought the sale ended tomorrow).

Edit. It's PA4 and says the offer ends on 01 hour 48 min

Hasney

I thought the sale was ending tomorrow. It even says on the banner, January 3rd....

Either encore sale or they're just counting the fact that the current daily deals will still be going for another 24 hours.
So, if I'm still interested on a game that was waiting to go on flash/daily, I should get it now right? (I thought the sale ended tomorrow).

Yeah, all standard sale games are due to go back to full price in under 2 hours.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ah, ok, not bummed at all then. Why are people paying for an unfinished free product?

I can't speak for everybody, but buying games that are due to go F2P is the only way to have them add to your game count. I bought the top-tier Founders Pack in particular because I'm an absolute sucker for Digital Deluxe Editions.

ChaoticEko

Neo Member
So this was my first steamgaf experience and I must admit its been incredible. Received so much good insight on so many games. Thanks everyone!

Same from me, I used to be a
lurker
but just started to partake in discussions and the like. Definitely made spending all my moneys more enjoyable, and you guys are great.
I can't wait to give back to you all once Modbot is repaired......

add me too!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bretteko0410/

derExperte

Either encore sale or they're just counting the fact that the current daily deals will still be going for another 24 hours.

No.

Buy Valdis Story: Abyssal City
HOLIDAY SALE! Offer ends in 01:46:43

Looking forward to the obligatory 'FUCK, WHY IS SALE OVER, WANTED TO BUY STUFF' posts in two hours. :)

what is the one game people regret not getting, the one game you skipped because the deal was shit and the one game people wish had gotten a (good) deal? for me its easily:

Regret skipping: Antichamber, I dont know what I was thinking, the price point was nice.

Skipped because of bad deal: Gone Home. wasnt bad per se, but the fact that its been 75% before and not it was only 66% stank of "oh we have GOTY nominations so lets jack the price" and it annoyed me

Wish had gotten a deal: Naruto UNS3 because I only played the first and loved it

I'm sure gone home's all time lower is 6.80 USD. I was also waiting for a good price in the naruto game but the game wasn't even discounted.

Benedict

So I installed my Logitech Driving Force GT on my PC.
Where can I find profiles for games on PC for this?
Any pages/settings recommended?

Hasney

No.

Buy Valdis Story: Abyssal City
HOLIDAY SALE! Offer ends in 01:46:43

Looking forward to the obligatory 'FUCK, WHY IS SALE OVER, WANTED TO BUY STUFF' posts in two hours. :)

That's odd, swear the deals said 48 hours when they went up yesterday.

Guess there will just be an encore thing then.

Rhaknar

I'm sure gone home's all time lower is 6.80 USD. I was also waiting for a good price in the naruto game but the game wasn't even discounted.

no, it was 5 bucks on both steam and the humble store in the autumm sale just a few weeks ago

ChaoticEko

Neo Member
I can't speak for everybody, but buying games that are due to go F2P is the only way to have them add to your game count. I bought the top-tier Founders Pack in particular because I'm an absolute sucker for Digital Deluxe Editions.

I guess I can understand that. I realized after breaking 300 games on my account that the game count is starting to matter to me. And with all the talk on here, i'll be doing just that soon enough, gotta increase that game count!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom