• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divius

KkdytNK.png

best deals ever

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Man, I was going to buy everyone on GAF a copy of Tomb Raider and Borderlands.

The_Monk

It seems that more people can have the chance to get Dark Souls for an amazing price! That's plenty of hours filled with an amazing soundtrack, don't miss out good people.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Is Valdis Story like Dust: An Elysian Tail?

Because I'm enjoying Dust a lot and I could use another game like that.

Impressions from two hours in on Valdis Story, I finished Dust:

Similar, more challenging though. I get a Viewtiful Joe-lite vibe from the combat (somebody earlier compared it to DMC and then got reprimanded for it, I can't comment, I haven't played any of the DMC games) in that it requires at least some attention and grades you on your combos. Also appears to be a bit more Metroidvania by design, with continuous maps and places you can't access without backtracking. The platforming can also be very unforgiving.

Did they really kill the flash deals? These encore deals are boring. Flash sales were the best thing about this year's sales since you normally have to be a viral indie game or a AAA project just to make it into daily status.
is modbot legit dead btw?
It'll be back in 2027.

Turfster

Encore deals
  • Farcry 3 75% off
  • Age of Empires II HD 75% off
  • Metro Last Light 66% off
  • XCom Enemy Unknown 75% off
  • Bioshock Infinite 75% off
  • Batman Arkham Origins 50% off
  • Tomb Raider 80% off
  • Saints Row IV 60% off
  • Call of Duty Ghosts 33% off
  • Chivalry Medieval Warfare 75% off
  • Borderlands 2 75% off
  • Dishonored 75% off
  • Arma III 40% off
  • Dark Souls 80% off
  • Garry's Mod 75% off
  • Payday 2 55% off
  • Football Manager 2014 50% off
  • Company of Heroes 2 66% off
  • Anno 2070 75% off
  • Assflag 25% off
  • Stanley Parable 40% off
  • CS:GO 75% off
  • Total War Rome II 50% off
  • Skyrim 75% off

At first, I thought that they made deals shittier today compared to how they were previously when I saw Skyrim at 50% off and Saint's Row at 33% off. Seems fixed now, though.

Kadin

Well it appears other games not on this final Daily Sale are still on sale. Many of the games in that Hidden Gem thread are still on their sale price... so looks like we got another 24hrs with other game discounts still!

edit - Spoke too soon. Now they're updating... :(

Baconmonk

Seems like yesterday's big deals are at the old regular sale price, not the daily.

Shame, I was going to pick up Mortal Kombat for 10, oh well.

I can't say I'm disappointed. I got 99% of the games I was looking for and then some. I was just hoping to see SG and KOF on the front page one last time just for more sales. Lord knows fighting devs need that cash.
where the indie games at
The fighting games too for that matter (ah, who am I kidding? If it ain't NRS it ain't getting out of the flash sale ghetto).

kubus

Was about to buy Just Cause from yesterday's deals but all the discounts have reverted to normal :/

It still shows up on the main page as "yesterday's deals" though.

I bought XCOM, though rather predictably it ends up in the encore sale at the same price, meaning I could have tried the demo first. It doesn't matter though, I've hyped myself into game, so I can't imagine I won't enjoy it. To anyone who bothered to reply, thanks for the help. I just needed a few people to push me into buying it.

The encore deals are a little underwhelming, comprised mostly of the big titles. The only one I'm vaguely interested in is The Stanley Parable.

What was the best deal on The Stanley Parable during the sales? I might bite at 25% off, but I'm curious to know what was the biggest price reduction it received.

Lautaro

Impressions from two hours in on Valdis Story, I finished Dust:

Similar, more challenging though. I get a Viewtiful Joe-lite vibe from the combat (somebody earlier compared it to DMC and then got reprimanded for it, I can't comment, I haven't played any of the DMC games) in that it requires at least some attention and grades you on your combos. Also appears to be a bit more Metroidvania by design, with continuous maps and places you can't access without backtracking. The platforming can also be very unforgiving.

Thanks, I would probably bought it but for some reason they changed the discount from 75% to 35% despite being still in the yesterday's deals section... shit.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
where the indie games at

Back to full price. All of the sale prices are back to 100% except the front page deals. Unfortunately I already own every one of these I'm interested in and a few that I'm not even remotely interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom