• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naka

How does The Stanley Parable compare to something like Gone Home? I thoroughly enjoyed how different Gone Home was and would love to play something else that same pace.

I bought XCOM, though rather predictably it ends up in the encore sale at the same price, meaning I could have tried the demo first. It doesn't matter though, I've hyped myself into game, so I can't imagine I won't enjoy it. To anyone who bothered to reply, thanks for the help. I just needed a few people to push me into buying it.

The encore deals are a little underwhelming, comprised mostly of the big titles. The only one I'm vaguely interested in is The Stanley Parable.

What was the best deal on The Stanley Parable during the sales? I might bite at 25% off, but I'm curious to know what was the biggest price reduction it received.

Stanley is currently 40% off. Best you're gonna get.

educator

Hey guys,

Im interested in buying Bioshock Infinite (my first steam game), but unsure how well it would run on my computer.

I have an iMac with 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB. I bought it today for other reasons than gaming, but it would be a pleasant surprise if it could run it decently.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Radio

First
(and only?)
level 1000 badge has just been crafted.

PalmDesert

7897153de91027e9fee646656b5bdc830a0fb0c1.png

Oh Steam. I bet they also gifted him a copy of You Need A Budget.

Dec

Back to full price. All of the sale prices are back to 100% except the front page deals. Unfortunately I already own every one of these I'm interested in and a few that I'm not even remotely interested in.

Ya this is a little disappointing. I was keeping a few bucks on hand for Cook, Serve, Delicious but that didn't go on, and the encore sale is AAA games that are more than I have in my wallet.

Dota sale here I come I guess.

Hey guys,

Im interested in buying Bioshock Infinite (my first steam game), but unsure how well it would run on my computer.

I have an iMac with 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB. I bought it today for other reasons than gaming, but it would be a pleasant surprise if it could run it decently.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

I'm no expert on laptop specs, but it looks pretty good to me. The cpu and memory are fine and that looks like a newer laptop gpu. I'd assume you can play almost anything on it if you dual boot windows.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
First
(and only?)
level 1000 badge has just been crafted.

PalmDesert
No, he's at best the second. Somebody else got it days ago, while he was focusing on getting the foil badge up to 100.

Since eminunsal was the first person anyone knows that reached 500+, it stands to reason they were the first to reach 1000. But their profile was made private due to harassment, so unless someone's friends with them, no one will know.

I recently discovered that Dawnguard unlocked on it's own in my Skyrim despite never purchasing it. It's very strange. I know there was a glitch in the past, but I had heard that was corrected.

It doesn't show up in my owned DLC, just in my game files. Weird. People should check if that happened to them as well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I want to go back to the normal Steam thread, this encore day is depressing :(

I bought XCOM, though rather predictably it ends up in the encore sale at the same price, meaning I could have tried the demo first. It doesn't matter though, I've hyped myself into game, so I can't imagine I won't enjoy it. To anyone who bothered to reply, thanks for the help. I just needed a few people to push me into buying it.

The encore deals are a little underwhelming, comprised mostly of the big titles. The only one I'm vaguely interested in is The Stanley Parable.

What was the best deal on The Stanley Parable during the sales? I might bite at 25% off, but I'm curious to know what was the biggest price reduction it received.

Enemy within is also 50% off. I believe this is the first sale to do that so far.

10 bucks is definitely a fair price for the base game, although amazon has had a few sales at 10 including the old titles iirc, but unless you really want those titles you're not really missing out. And if you really do want to pick them up they are a package deal that is often on sale on steam (oddly not this sale though).

Volimar

I caved and got dark souls and skyrim...

Er, now I have a spare #3 snowglobe if anyone wants it. My steam addy is in my profile.

educator

I'm no expert on laptop specs, but it looks pretty good to me. The cpu and memory are fine and that looks like a newer laptop gpu. I'd assume you can play almost anything on it if you dual boot windows.

Thanks for the answer. I'll use it almost exclusively for Photoshop etc, but playing a game once in a while would be fun too. Im kind of shocked by the prices on steam, im used to the PS4 and last gen digital prices. =)

Hey guys,

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Should run ok on Medium settings.

feel

Too many big publisher AAAA bleh-fests in this encore.

And a shame Metal Gear Rising isn't back, the tile looked so nice on the Steam store frontpage and we need it to sell as much as possible.

Myshkin

The card market is weird. I normally just dump my cards because I really don't care, but I was curious about the Tomb Raider background I had from the summer sale. As I expected it was 3-4 cents for the past month. But the odd part is there are a few spikes where someone bought one for over $10?! I don't get it. Did they think that was funny? The store defaults to showing the cheapest cards so I don't see how it could be a mistake. Who knows...

Steam wallet is the new Paypal.

(Dat commission!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom